Thinking of opening my own LSS - need your input

AWM you are too sweet! Things are progressing slowly. I opened the doors last Thursday, but only to match the class schedule at my Mom's quilt shop next door. I have had a few walk in customers that have seen the sign and the response has been very good. However all my orders aren't in yet, hopefully the UPS and Fedex men will visit me today. My first customers that came in have been very understanding, and were all thrilled to have a scrapbook store in town, but I gave them a little incentive to stop back for our grand opening where I will be fully stocked come h##l or highwater! Grand Opening is set for Saturday October 6th and I still have a ton to do before then.

Besides opening the doors and basic fall kid activities my Dad is back in the hospital. He had to have his little toe amputated and the permanent port for his dyalysis put in his arm. My step mom was out of town the beginning of last week for new sewing machine classes so I was running her store while trying to set up my own and taking care of Dad at the same time. The day she returned Dad was scheduled for surgery and she hasn't been home since. Thank goodness for friends! I have a friend that has been helping me get ready and the lady who does machine repairs for the quilt shop has been helping to run the shop. I am behind on my swaps and feel like crap about that. Hopefully I can use today to get caught up on everything!

:rotfl2: I just saw a thread on 2peas about a new OH store opening the first weekend of October. Looks like there are a few excited people eagerly anticipating your opening. (unless there are 2 stores) :goodvibes

AWM you are too sweet! Things are progressing slowly. I opened the doors last Thursday, but only to match the class schedule at my Mom's quilt shop next door. I have had a few walk in customers that have seen the sign and the response has been very good. However all my orders aren't in yet, hopefully the UPS and Fedex men will visit me today. My first customers that came in have been very understanding, and were all thrilled to have a scrapbook store in town, but I gave them a little incentive to stop back for our grand opening where I will be fully stocked come h##l or highwater! Grand Opening is set for Saturday October 6th and I still have a ton to do before then.

Besides opening the doors and basic fall kid activities my Dad is back in the hospital. He had to have his little toe amputated and the permanent port for his dyalysis put in his arm. My step mom was out of town the beginning of last week for new sewing machine classes so I was running her store while trying to set up my own and taking care of Dad at the same time. The day she returned Dad was scheduled for surgery and she hasn't been home since. Thank goodness for friends! I have a friend that has been helping me get ready and the lady who does machine repairs for the quilt shop has been helping to run the shop. I am behind on my swaps and feel like crap about that. Hopefully I can use today to get caught up on everything!

I wish I were closer!!! I could come stock shelves. That was my job at Michael's back in the day (BC-before children)

I will be thinking of you on the 6th. I would fly out but DH leaves for Hawaii that day.

good luck with all of it!

hope you dad feels better real soon!:grouphug:

I'm soooooo far away! Quick, tell me what's in the area so DH thinks its a good place to visit on a vacation ;)

Well we are in Amish country, it's not too far in either direction for ancient Native American burial mounds, Flint Ridge where indians traveled from all over to gather their flint, Longaberger baskets homestead, we are witin 45-90minutes to all nature of professional sporting teams etc. We are in true farm country but not too far from anything the state has to offer.

Hope that store is up north from me, but I may have to make a trip. Dad should be coming home tonight, as long as the doctor shows up to sign the form. There's a class at my mom's quilt shop so I'm here cutting fabric as needed. I figured I would veg on the computer until I'm needed again.

hey my neighbor was up your way last weekend and talked about a FANTASTIC new store in your town? i bet it was yours!! i have plans Sat Oct 6 or i'd make a road trip, darn! i haven't been to Amish country in a while though.......hmmmm.....

I'll send directions! Look for a PM soon.

Dad's home but still groggy from all the pain meds. I'm "working" on the computer so I can sit with him but he doesn't know I'm keeping an eye on him.

glad to hear your dad's home bobcat. here's to a healthy recovery for him.
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter