Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

That is so sweet and loving Rog :flower3:

My girls haven't had any contact with their dad since 2000 and before that it was 1996. It breaks my heart when Little Bit asks about her dad. We rented that Disney movie College Road Trip and watched it in the camper this week. After she watched it she said "It would be easier if daddy were dead then he couldn't help not knowing me."

I just don't understand how he can not love them. :sad1:

DD 17
JuliaGrad1.jpg

DD 13
Ballet1.jpg

What I miss most about Disney is how it felt when it was all new to us!

How sad to hear your dd say that. Don't know how any man could turn his back on his kids. yes i have wanted to kill mine a few times but i never did and never turned my back on them.

Cindy....you're the new kid in town.....you'll quickly come to learn that the folks here never really require an explanation. We never really need an appology. We dont care to judge you, we arent here to save you....but we ARE here FOR you. Many people on this board know more about me than my own brothers and sister. Dont sweat it kid....dont be embarrassed for showing some human emotion.....we're all human, we all have emotion. But dont forget that the people who POST here are NOT the only people who see your posts....while you can trust those of us that you see posting often, you never know whos reading your every word...try to keep that in mind for safety's sake.

Clearance sales on items,,you rarely find clearance at Disney stores anymore.:confused3

They're there, but not well displayed. Usually you have to turn the item over and see if it has a red rimmed price sticker on it.

I remember my very first visit to the fort, the Settlement trading post had a table outside with clearance items on it. I got a Dopey coffee mug for a buck (still my favorite mug), and my wife got a Mickey metal bucket and a Mickey metal watering can for a couple bucks each. I have never seen a table like this since.

I miss the Comedy Club & Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island. My girlfriend & I were at Disney World in 1994 & were were at both clubs every evening. I was anxious to take my mom on our trip in 2008, but we were traveling with my 4 year old niece and another family with a 4 year old. We took the kids to Neverland Club so we could get a quite bite to eat and hit the clubs. The other family took so long to get ready & we waited so long for dinner that we ran out of time (plus the other family didn't have a lot of interest in going). I thought "oh well" I will take mom on our return trip in 2010, since we plan to go alone. Now it's gone!!!:sad1: I really regret not getting to take my mom, she would have loved both of them.

I miss the days when you got hungry and could walk right up to any Disney restaurant without any ADR and be seated.

And the quality of service and food could not be beat !

nope,,not anymore. :sad2:

Norway’s Viking Ship is Gone

Sad news. The Viking ship at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot has been removed.

This ship was originally built as a children’s play area, but a couple of years ago it was deemed too dangerous for the little ones. This month it was removed completely.

I wish Disney had kept it. It was nice to look at even if guests were no longer welcome aboard.

Just the thought of it and I already miss it .

Aww! Just saw this......I didnt realize it was gone. I have video of my son (now 5) taking his first steps in front of that ship.

I didnt read through this whole thread......but, is anyone else disgusted by what they did to the boat ride in Mexico? I loved that ride, it was a slice of culture. Now it's just, just....Grrr!.....well, other than a cheesie movie that no one cares about, what does Donald Duck have to do with Mexico?

I miss being able to get to the fort twice a year, but I am fixin to cure that in 4 weeks.....:cool1:

What have they done to the boat ride in Mexico??? That was one of our few things we really liked about epcot...we'd ride it while waiting to be seated at San Angel, and right after!!!

What have they done to the boat ride in Mexico??? That was one of our few things we really liked about epcot...we'd ride it while waiting to be seated at San Angel, and right after!!!

The film/theme has been changed two the Three Cabiallero's - Donald Duck and two other birds. It's cute - - - but I miss the original. The rest of the props are the same.

And, YES, the Viking boat has been taken away...so has the smoking area right in front of it. BUT....School Bread is still available at the bakery - so all is not lost.:thumbsup2

I miss the Comedy Club & Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island. My girlfriend & I were at Disney World in 1994 & were were at both clubs every evening. I was anxious to take my mom on our trip in 2008, but we were traveling with my 4 year old niece and another family with a 4 year old. We took the kids to Neverland Club so we could get a quite bite to eat and hit the clubs. The other family took so long to get ready & we waited so long for dinner that we ran out of time (plus the other family didn't have a lot of interest in going). I thought "oh well" I will take mom on our return trip in 2010, since we plan to go alone. Now it's gone!!!:sad1: I really regret not getting to take my mom, she would have loved both of them.
I miss those too. I have been to both several times but DH hasn't and I really think he would have enjoyed AC! :(

At the very end of the Fantasmic show, at DHS, THE VERY LAST THING you see is the big WHITE and Black (mostly white) steam boat with ALL the characters on it comes thru the water and they are all waving at you.

Well it's not there anymore !! Disney cut that out too !!!

And I miss it.:guilty:
uh..... do WHAT?
:(

I miss a lot of things mentioned here- but quite a few of them are things that were gone before our first trip in 2002 and I sure wish they were still there so we could do them!
I especially wish River Country was still there. I mean how convenient would a water parK RIGHT THERE be? *sigh*

and I'm one that hopes COP stays!!!!!!!

They ruined it! That's what they did. :sad1: It was one of my favorites too. I loved going in there early afternoon, sit in the AC and take a slow boat ride. The Aztec type music that you heard at the beginning of the ride is gone. The feel for the Mexican history and culture....all gone. And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

The film/theme has been changed two the Three Caballero's - Donald Duck and two other birds. It's cute - - - but I miss the original. The rest of the props are the same.

Yes, and did you notice they now have that movie for sale in the gift shop? lol. I think most of the props are the same, but I did notice that the carousel of the life-size marionette figures at the end is gone. :sad2: Seems like there was something else missing, but I forget now.

In general, I just miss the "old" EPCOT. Back in the days when it really the future world exibits were about cutting edge technology and dreams of what the future held. Back when you could walk from country to country and actually feel like you had been there. Back before Mickey or any cartoon characters were there. Now, they have Mulan for China, Alladin and Jasmine for Morroco, Belle for France . . . . I dunno, I just think it takes away from it.

Cindy....you're the new kid in town.....you'll quickly come to learn that the folks here never really require an explanation. We never really need an appology. We dont care to judge you, we arent here to save you....but we ARE here FOR you. Many people on this board know more about me than my own brothers and sister. Dont sweat it kid....dont be embarrassed for showing some human emotion.....we're all human, we all have emotion. But dont forget that the people who POST here are NOT the only people who see your posts....while you can trust those of us that you see posting often, you never know whos reading your every word...try to keep that in mind for safety's sake.

Aww, thanks BDR! That's really kind of you and everyone here has been very kind, accepting, and welcoming...probably one of the reasons I got so "loose lipped" but I know to be more careful in the future in case of those who are not so nice! ;)

They ruined it! That's what they did. :sad1: It was one of my favorites too. I loved going in there early afternoon, sit in the AC and take a slow boat ride. The Aztec type music that you heard at the beginning of the ride is gone. The feel for the Mexican history and culture....all gone. And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

I agree, not very happy with the "update" on the the boat ride BUT, I did find out that if you get some of those tequila chocolates from the marketplace and eat 2 or 6 of them before you get on the ride, it won't bother you as much. ~grin~

I think most of the props are the same, but I did notice that the carousel of the life-size marionette figures at the end is gone. :sad2: Seems like there was something else missing, but I forget now.

Actually, I found the carousel with the life sized marionettes sort of disturbing. I'm not upset with that being gone.

The film with the people chasing you to sell you stuff is gone, too. I liked that, but I guess it was demeaning to some people.

Now, it's a ride I can catch a nap on.

I DO like the changes made to the attraction in the "Big Golf Ball"!

: And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

While Walt was a truely a man ahead of his time in just about any manner of mind, family values and morals,,if you research him, you will find that, outside of his love of family entertainment, the entire reason for his theme park and rides were to promote his movies.

REALLY GOOD FOOD at table service. Yeah, the food is just okay, compared to the old days before Free Dining the food today is lousy. The food REALLY was better before Free Dining.

And I miss the days when they use to give you a "farmers straw hat" when you would eat at the Garden Grill at Epcot.

It was great to have your pic taken with farmer Mickey (with everyone in straw hats) when he came to your table.:thumbsup2

What I miss the most is coming home and saying "everything was perfect, nothing could have been better".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter