Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

:wizard:
"If You Had Wings" - This ride was located in Tomorrowland and was sponsored by Eastern Airlines (now there's a blast from the past!). Even though it was free during the time tickets were required for the rides, it never seemed to have a line, so you could ride it over and over.

And the song was one that would stick in your head,

"If you had wings,
If you had wings,
if you had wings,
had wings,
had wings."

I used to love the beginning where your ride vehicle went through the jet engine and it felt like you were turning upside down.

I used to love the beginning where your ride vehicle went through the jet engine and it felt like you were turning upside down.

You mean.....no,,NO!! You WERE NOT turning upside down????

I liked Monsanto's Magic Carpet & the very very lame Trip to Mars as well. My favorite 3-D film was & will forever be "Magic Journey" by Kodak where Symph-ar-magic is now located.

My wife doesn't understand how I could want to spend so much time at Disney. I tried to explain that you could spend a lot of time just people watching and relaxing it you had no time constraints. Like in the 2006 Disney VPG where the guy just goes around and checks out the benches.
Now that would be the life.

Not that I want folk to start smoke'n,, but remember the dayz when when they use'ta have peeps walk around in the parks with little brooms and long handled dust pans sweeping up cigarette butts. (not to be confused with pork butts)

That IS a treasure of a memory...and girls sure make a Dad feel like he's a hero simply because he likes Disney World too.....I read that thread, and in the begining she mentioned that the daughter said something along the lines of "This is the best place in the world"....during our December 07 trip, my then 5 year old made an almost exact statement.."This is the most wonderful place to be...can we live here?" That gets a Dad right in the gut!!! There is not a better form of "Thanks Dad" than that. I love my girls.....they can be the biggest pains in the asterisk...but they always find little girly ways to make up for that.::yes::

That is so sweet and loving Rog :flower3:

My girls haven't had any contact with their dad since 2000 and before that it was 1996. It breaks my heart when Little Bit asks about her dad. We rented that Disney movie College Road Trip and watched it in the camper this week. After she watched it she said "It would be easier if daddy were dead then he couldn't help not knowing me."

I just don't understand how he can not love them. :sad1:

DD 17
JuliaGrad1.jpg

DD 13
Ballet1.jpg

What I miss most about Disney is how it felt when it was all new to us!

Your girls are certainly beautiful, it's most definitely his loss not seeing them grow into fine young women.

My dad is also not around to enjoy his wonderfull grand children. He just went away for no reason about 10 years ago. We still see him drive around town sometimes. My daughter 19 has come to grips with it he is dead to her but my son 13 likes to run up and give him a hug when we run into him in public. The look in his eyes like who is this deranged child and why is he touching me is priceless. And Erik thinks it is funny.

That is so sweet and loving Rog :flower3:

My girls haven't had any contact with their dad since 2000 and before that it was 1996. It breaks my heart when Little Bit asks about her dad. We rented that Disney movie College Road Trip and watched it in the camper this week. After she watched it she said "It would be easier if daddy were dead then he couldn't help not knowing me."

I just don't understand how he can not love them. :sad1:

DD 17
JuliaGrad1.jpg

DD 13
Ballet1.jpg

What I miss most about Disney is how it felt when it was all new to us!

Simply put,,Men can be such worthless human beings, selfish pigs, so to speak.

WAIT A MINUTE,,what am I saying ?!?!?!?! Naaahhhhh, thats pretty much correct,,,cept for the Fort Fiend Fathers,,we'r good guys !:thumbsup2

I just tell my kids our family tree starts here to learn from the past and never be that way. Love your family and allways be there for them. I don't understand some people the greatest gift you can have in your life are your children.

I'm sorry Tigger and thanks Denise and Frank.

You know....when people are doped up on Lortab and locked in a van for 9 hours with nothing to do but play around on line and nap....sometimes....they say a little more than they meant to say :scared1: :guilty:

That's why there is an edit buton.

We all have said more than we meant to a time or two or thirty. ;)

Anybody mention or miss the days when you came to the MK and the car lines were so long at the entrance that sometimes car's would over heat, have engine problems, etc.,,,and all you had to do was turn on your head lights or lift your hood and Disney would send someone out to help you ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter