The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

If you have a reservation at Beaches and Cream , you can park at the Beach Club.
When you are finished you can just get up and walk over to Epcot.
Or you can drive over to Epcot and pay for parking or I think the Boardwalk will let you
park there without a reservation , but they do charge.
Thanks! We have APs so I don't think we have to pay for Epcot parking but I really didn't want to drive to the front of Future World when after our reservation we are only visiting a few 'countries' in World Showcase, if that makes sense.

You can just walk over. They do not check the cars to see if you are staying there. You have a dining reservation and everyone is free to visit the resorts.

6 more days for us until our Wyndham Rentor can rebook. He has said inventory is pretty low which means a big upgrade may be had. I have a feeling he locked up a 3 or 4 BR Pres to do a double cancel/rebook.

Anyone happen to be here right now that wants an Easter Lily, 4 frozen burgers (Publix brand), and a Caesar salad kit? I can meet up in the next half hour or tomorrow morning - shoot me a PM :)

When people say they stay on the "time share half" of the resort, what does that mean? Do you get to choose where you stay? I'm doing lots of reading but having trouble making sense of WBC! I really like the look of the resort, especially the pirate swimming area (my kids would go crazy there). But there's a lot to figure out!

When people say they stay on the "time share half" of the resort, what does that mean?
Its a bit confusing because there are different ways to go about it. Wyndham Bonnet Creek itself is ALL a timeshare resort. Within the confines and property of Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a hotel named Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek. The hotel has its own building (at least that is my understanding). The rooms at the hotel are studio rooms. To make matters more confusing, you can book the timeshare rooms directly from Wyndham which makes it look like those are part of the hotel.

The biggest thing to consider about the entire property is the unit you want and how much you are willing to pay. Because a massive part of the resort are timeshare units, they can be rented from owners. This is the cheapest method. Prices for the same exact room category can vary greatly. An example is a 2 Bedroom Deluxe. You can see prices range from $1,000 - $4,000. The difference? Simply the price an owner wants to rent it for. The room itself is 100% exactly the same. Room assignments do not happen until the day you check-in.

The best advice is to search for a private renter (best prices usually) or through one of the big rental companies: Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrade, and several others. The big rental companies are really just massive point managers for big owners. They rent someone else's points for them. They are extremely safe and get pretty standard pricing based on the season. During a Peak season, a 2BR Dlx is about $1,200 for the week. During Value season, that same unit may be $700 for the week. With a good private owner that is a PlatVIP, they have tricks to be able to get MASSIVE discounts. That same 2BR unit for $1,200 they may be able to get for $600. They can book at the resort from the 60-day mark for 50% of the point total. If inventory is available, they even get a "next available upgrade free". If they are booking a 2BR Dlx and the only upgrade available is a 4BR Presidential, they get the 4BR Pres for 50% of the point for a 2BR Dlx.

Quick question-- what is the square footage of a 2bd in building 5? Do they vary by square footage? Are there floor plans?

Thx in advance!!!

There is only a very slight difference in room sizes. I would not put that in a category to even concern yourself with.

There is only a very slight difference in room sizes. I would not put that in a category to even concern yourself with.
Was wondering bc we are scaling back from a 3500sq ft home to a 1480sq ft 2bd in Philadelphia :). It was more of a question so we can get our bearings on the size of our next home....

In other words, if it's the same size (1481 sq ft), we can live comfortably in it for a year.

A 2br deluxe is about 1200 sq ft. You can find floorplans by googling 'Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2 bedroom floorplan' (or whatever size you want to see) and then click on Images...you'll get a bunch of results to look at.

Oddly enough, when we were there last week DH and I were recalling that our second apartment was about that size with similar amenities and would suit us just fine once DS is out of the house.

With the Free Dining offer getting pretty expensive, we are considering staying offsite this year. WBC looks really great! Does anyone know which towers have been renovated recently?

A 2br deluxe is about 1200 sq ft. You can find floorplans by googling 'Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2 bedroom floorplan' (or whatever size you want to see) and then click on Images...you'll get a bunch of results to look at.

Oddly enough, when we were there last week DH and I were recalling that our second apartment was about that size with similar amenities and would suit us just fine once DS is out of the house.
Your average home, even though it has a bit more square footage, will likely feel smaller. Why? Because homes have larger closets and other storage areas than a timeshare unit has.

For example, one of my relatives has a 1,500 square foot condo, but the the living space feels smaller than the 1,200 square foot Bonnet Creek condo.

Your average home, even though it has a bit more square footage, will likely feel smaller. Why? Because homes have larger closets and other storage areas than a timeshare unit has.

For example, one of my relatives has a 1,500 square foot condo, but the the living space feels smaller than the 1,200 square foot Bonnet Creek condo.

Good point! And now that you say that, the apartment we were comparing WBC to had a storage closet down the hall that was ours to use. Plus we had a walk in closet in the master bedroom. Damn, now that I think of it, that was one nice apartment! Of course the rent was higher than our first mortgage.

With the Free Dining offer getting pretty expensive, we are considering staying offsite this year. WBC looks really great! Does anyone know which towers have been renovated recently?
I don't know the order of refurb, but it really doesn't matter. The rooms are all excellent. There is no guarantee which tower you are in anyway. I prefer 4 or 5 simply because of amenities right outside the doors or a short walk.

There is nothing free at WDW. You pay for what you get one way or another. They offer "free dining" to rope people in. You pay for it in another way. You are paying rack rates on the room. Will you save a little money between paying for the Dining Plan, discounted room? Maybe a little. Will you get the value of the DDP? Only if you order the most expensive thing off the menu whether that's what you want or not. On top of that, the quality is on par with Denny's. In other words, that $50 meal WDW charges for is the same as the $10 dinner at Denny's. They are using the cheapest cuts of meat, throw some sauce/seasoning on it, give some froo froo name, and charge a fortune. Let's not forget the 20% tip. A $100 meal at Disney plus the 20% tip is $120. The same meal can be had for $40 plus 20% tip is only $48 offsite. That is a cost savings of $72 on a single meal. All that $72 is buying you is the atmosphere. In some cases it is worth it. We do it once or twice on a trip.

Save money on accommodations and meals by staying offsite and cooking. Even if you don't want to cook, there are spectacular places just around the corner. Lonestar is an excellent steakhouse. Get there during Happy Hour and you can have a WDW $250 meal for 4 for only $60 which includes adult drinks. Miller's Ale House is a casual local place. Great seafood (wife says so because I don't eat it), DD loves her meals, and I usually it the casual food. Always great service and meals. Bill is usually around $40 for the 3 of us. Drinks alone at WDW are $40.

They were renovating Building 2 when we stayed there this past February. There were still storage PODS in the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter