The walking dead amc #2

Ok so now we know where the old man Rick imagery comes from.

At the end of the episode when they show Rick leaning against the tree with the bloody hand - what's that about?
I'm thinking it's something bigger than the aftermath of burying Carl.

While there were some good parts, there was some bad writing. Remnants of Gimple? I wasn't crazy about the ending dialogue between Carl and Rick and just HOW did that little kid sneak up behind Gavin to stab him without Carol, Morgan or Ezekiel seeing him?! And I didn't like Carl killing himself all alone. Umm didn't Michonne stay with Andrea when she shot herself? I was interesting to see Morgan clearing again.

Nicotaro is on the couch with Chandler on Talking Dead. So glad not see Gimple on there.

I was a bit underwhelmed with tonight's episode actually.

I felt more from the "saying goodbye to those we lost tonight" montage of Carl than his actual death on TWD.

And I think they were dumb to kill him off but whatever lol. His haircut is super nice on him.

I wasn't too crazy about the episode. I agree with a PP, it seemed like a long drawn out "goodbye Carl" episode.

At the end, it seemed like Rick was weary from battle. He looked hurt and looked like he had a wound on his side. The stained glass thing hanging over the tree confused me. At first, I thought he was just weary from burying Carl, but then I think he looked injured.

OMG Negan at the end! "Hello Darlin'"

I think Charlie is going to get developed more... maybe we will see him take on more of the Carl comics story line... maybe a possible future with Judith. At this point they have characters alive who should be dead... characters dead who should be alive... characters taking on story lines that they didn't have in the comics, or they didn't exist in the comics. Personally I like that there is a loose relationship with the comics... i would be totally bummed if it was exactly the same.

I wasn't too crazy about the episode. I agree with a PP, it seemed like a long drawn out "goodbye Carl" episode.

At the end, it seemed like Rick was weary from battle. He looked hurt and looked like he had a wound on his side. The stained glass thing hanging over the tree confused me. At first, I thought he was just weary from burying Carl, but then I think he looked injured.

OMG Negan at the end! "Hello Darlin'"

I think Rick against a tree was after the next big battle... kinda the I want to do what Carl wanted but I can't yet, as there was still killing to do...

LOL... happy productive future Neegan, hmmmmm, now I do think that is total fantasy, but he did get along well with Judith...

I wasn't sure exactly what Rick by the tree was, but I think it had to do with the Rick we see that says the wrath and mercy line, it looked like that was the same time period. Could that be the last episode we are seeing???

As far as the episode, it was definitely sad, yes it didn't move the story along, but I think they needed to really say goodbye to Carl, also to have Carl say what his dream was, to remind Rick how Rick did that once before to save Carl from being a bad person. They are obviously still at war with Negan, but maybe now it will go in a different direction.

Carl definitely needed a long goodbye. I HATE that they killed him off. I'm not watching anymore!!! (yes I am)... :rotfl:I've said that so many times, lol.

I asked that too. My dh said Rick resting after burying Carl? Just bloody from holding him maybe.
In an interview with Andy Lincoln he sort of teased “yeah... it doesn’t look too good for Rick there...”. Don’t think it’s just resting.

I'm thinking it's something bigger than the aftermath of burying Carl.

While there were some good parts, there was some bad writing. Remnants of Gimple? I wasn't crazy about the ending dialogue between Carl and Rick and just HOW did that little kid sneak up behind Gavin to stab him without Carol, Morgan or Ezekiel seeing him?! And I didn't like Carl killing himself all alone. Umm didn't Michonne stay with Andrea when she shot herself? I was interesting to see Morgan clearing again.

Nicotaro is on the couch with Chandler on Talking Dead. So glad not see Gimple on there.
Remnants of Gimple for sure. He was showrunner through the end of this season. Don’t think they wanted to spring for the extra security to have Gimple on Talking Dead. ;) #FireGimple

I think Rick against a tree was after the next big battle...
Agreed.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I was wondering how heavily they were screening the callers last night. I waited for a hint of how upset fans were with Gimple to come through in some way, but there was nothing. Not even from Chandler.
Same here! And no one appears to even dare ask these actors in interviews elsewhere. It’s really ridiculous. It’s pretty widely known how much backlash there has been against Gimple, his decision to get rid of Carl, his obsession with these contrived mid-season and end of season “shockers”, writing gone downhill, etc., etc.

Aren’t ratings down just behind seasons 1&2 when the show was just building an audience?? It’s like they’re trying to hide the obvious.

But at least they had the sense not to have Gimple on this episode of Talking Dead. Killing Carl is his brilliant brain child, and he’s not there... even though he clearly loves attention.

Grrr... can you tell I hate what they’ve done to this show?? :)

YEP. I did read the rant by Chandler's Dad -- how they uprooted their whole family because they were told he was staying on the show.

I read that too. Gimple supposedly told Chandler he would be on for the next few seasons. Chandler supposedly bought a house in the area they film and was going to attend college in the area as well. What a jerk if that's true.

What a nice young man Chandler has grown into. Seeing him on TD last night was refreshing. He was so mature and gracious. And he looks so handsome with that hair cut!

I read that too. Gimple supposedly told Chandler he would be on for the next few seasons. Chandler supposedly bought a house in the area they film and was going to attend college in the area as well. What a jerk if that's true.

What a nice young man Chandler has grown into. Seeing him on TD last night was refreshing. He was so mature and gracious. And he looks so handsome with that hair cut!

Yeah, he did just buy a house last year and was planning to stay in the area for a while for the show! Jerk move for sure by the show.

Do we know why Gimple wanted Carl killed off in the first place?

I'm not sure, I haven't read anything, but I'm wondering if it's money driven. Usually when something is done out of the blue money is usually the cause. Chandlier turned 18 last year, Gimple maybe didn't want to have to pay him an adult salary, especially an adult salary for a main star of the show. It wasn't like Carl was a secondary character, but from what I heard they don't get paid much anyway. They certainly don't get Big Bang Theory money.

Do we know why Gimple wanted Carl killed off in the first place?

I think the real reason is that they like to purposely diverge from the comics, and by doing this it really changes some future storylines.. they already changed things drastically with keeping Judith alive so far... so maybe they want to shift Carl's storytelling to Judith. They need to play a fine line... keep the comic faithful happy with enough following the comic storylines... and then changing it enough to also keep some mystery alive, so it is not all a foregone conclusion to how the show plays out

Personally, I think Gimple wanted to shake things up. I think he has a huge ego and feels like he can do what he wants. He seems to like to do things for the shock value. I think this was his way of throwing his weight around and making decisions as to the future of the show. I think he thought he was doing a good thing for the show, but was not thinking of fan reaction or comic book readers reactions. I think he failed to see the forest through the trees.

I would LOVE to know what Nicotero and Kirkman thought about it when they first heard. Of course now they are publicly agreeing with the decision, but I wonder what really went down. Obviously GImple has lots of power or he would have been stopped. But he made the decision apparently and saw it through.

Personally, I think Gimple wanted to shake things up. I think he has a huge ego and feels like he can do what he wants. He seems to like to do things for the shock value. I think this was his way of throwing his weight around and making decisions as to the future of the show. I think he thought he was doing a good thing for the show, but was not thinking of fan reaction or comic book readers reactions. I think he failed to see the forest through the trees.
THIS THIS THIS!!! >:(

I would LOVE to know what Nicotero and Kirkman thought about it when they first heard.
After the mid-season finale, Kirkman's twitter feed was FILLED with people asking him how he could allow AMC to make this terrible story move, whether he thought it was ok, etc. Not a peep out of him. I can't imagine that he liked this given the comics and how he always said Carl was the future -- even beyond Rick, possibly.

I came up with this idea the other day -- probably not the first (!!): Kirkman should do an animated series essentially following the comics directly. Perhaps a few edits to get that thing air-able on TV (;)), but I'd love to see that. Or maybe he makes whatever changes to the comics that appeared in the show that HE LIKES and think serve the story. Just an idea. :)

Last edited:
When Rick is by the tree at the end of the episode... did anyone else notice the stained glass hanging between the trees? Maybe windows from the church where Carl died?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter