The walking dead amc #2

Kirkman is the comic writer and Gimple was the latest showrunner. The early season showrunners were so much better but there was some writer's strike and they went and others came in. I have read that Gimple is being reshuffled and someone else will showrun?!?!?! I, for one, will be pleased with this. I can't stand Gimple. He tries way too hard to be 'artsy' and fails epic-ly.

Lordy, they have made a mess of the show. I will watch....at least the first couple episodes. I heard that Kirkman has made some comments that opens the door for Carl NOT dying. So many possibilities butbI just hope they get this war done and move on to the next phase.

I stand by my belief that Carl lives.
Kirkman has almost nothing to do with the show right now. The writers have full reign on where they decide to take the story lines. I feel that they had such backlash from killing off Carl that they are in damage control mode and bringing in as many people as they can to promote the change as a positive direction for the story as a whole. Kirkman also had some very different words about Carl's fate:
Kirkman has also openly talked about the direction of the show after Carl's death, so he may have made the open-ended comment about Carl "may" survive but in the next breath he talked about the impact of Carl's death to the story. ........"Carl is still very much alive in The Walking Dead comic on which the show is based, with many theorizing that Rick may be killed off at some point with his son taking over. But that now won’t take place on the TV adaptation. TWD comic creator (and show EP) Robert Kirkman defended the move to EW and promised that there won’t be as much story reworking because of Carl’s death as people think. “There are big, huge stories coming up that you might think will be massively altered because of the absence of Carl,” says Kirkman. “But we have known these story lines have been coming for years. There are plans in place to make it all work. The loss of Carl doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to be losing big swaths of the comic book story. It means that there will be some differences to them.”......... http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/17/walking-dead-norman-reedus-chandler-riggs-carl/

Cast has also had some comments about Carl's fate: I can't see the cast, who are devoted to the show, Rigg's and his father all in league to create another dumpster-gate. The fans would lose all respect for the show and bail.

Are fans really upset at Gimple? He always seemed kind of jerky to me, but I didn't realize so many hated him. Is he the one who decides the direction of the show or is it Kirkman, or Nicotero? I am so confuses as to who does what.
Oh yes! There were even online petitions to fire Gimple.
Kirkman is the comic writer and Gimple was the latest showrunner. The early season showrunners were so much better but there was some writer's strike and they went and others came in. I have read that Gimple is being reshuffled and someone else will showrun?!?!?! I, for one, will be pleased with this. I can't stand Gimple. He tries way too hard to be 'artsy' and fails epic-ly.
Yes, and Frank Darabont was the original showrunner that translated the comics into the first season (best one, IMO) tv show. He hand picked a lot of the original cast, some of whom he had worked with before, and created the solid foundation of TWD. Then a bunch of other showrunners came on board and messed a lot of it up. The new showrunner has written for some previous episodes, under Gimple (who is still her boss) but hopefully she will learn from his mistakes.

I just read a potential spoiler on the mid season premiere and it addressed the "old man Rick" scene (along with some other things). Do not click if you don't want to know.... but for those like me who appreciate a good spoiler; click away! I thought it was interesting.
The flash forward/old man Rick scenes were Carl's visions of how things could be if the groups stopped fighting. Rick promises (to a dying Carl) to make it happen. If this spoiler is true, it would tie in the Old man Rick scene with Carl's new peace making perspective on ending the war.

Heard another theory on how Carl does not die. He's bit in the same spot where he was shot. So the scar tissue prevents the bite from going into his blood stream lol. I would love Carl to survive but the more I think about it, the more I do not think it will happen.

I will watch it tonight. I read an advance preview/review from TV Geek Talk that made the episode sound pretty good. There are some minor spoilers, which they warn before you read it, but also contains important info. like the episode is 86 minutes long and a warning to make sure to watch to the end and not cut out early. Intriguing....

This is not a spoiler, and seems encouraging: "All in all, “Honor” is a very good mid-season opener, and probably one of the better ones in recent years. While it is 86 minutes, no time is wasted, and the episode doesn’t drag like in other extended episodes, especially those from last season."

Crossing my fingers.....

Ok so now we know where the old man Rick imagery comes from.

At the end of the episode when they show Rick leaning against the tree with the bloody hand - what's that about?

Ok so now we know where the old man Rick imagery comes from.

At the end of the episode when they show Rick leaning against the tree with the bloody hand - what's that about?

I asked that too. My dh said Rick resting after burying Carl? Just bloody from holding him maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter