The walking dead amc #2

I have to run out soon, but had to reply quickly, LOL! As Denise Huth said; the entire season 7 covered 19 days! 19!!! :rotfl2::confused3:headache:
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/22/the-walking-dead-season-8-premiere-5-things/
"The on-screen timeline of events for season 7 was actually only 19 days according to co-executive producer Denise Huth on the most recent Blu-ray release, and Gimple tells EW that season 8 picks up just a few days after that..."

In the real timeline, Judith is supposed to be about a year old right now.

That's what I remember from what I've read too! So she may be a year old in the timeline but she does look way older than one in last night's episode! I would not have wanted to be the one carrying her in the babycarrier through the walker-infested swamp, lol!

I know it's a tv show and not a documentary. I know it's make believe...but DANG. MAKE ME BELIEVE!! This season sucks out loud. The timeline makes NO sense. Judith (the actor) is clearly 3-4 years old. You can't can't change the science of the show now. zombie guts don't infect you...otherwise out heros would have died long long ago.

Enough. Get the train back on track.

OH. GOOD. GRIEF. :sad2:

ETA: “leaving neither the characters nor the viewers with much of a chance to catch their collective breath”... ... uh... ... ?!?
Dragging insignificant things out....adding stupid fillers.....no wonder fans are leaving in droves.

The timeline is ridiculous.

When the Savior guy in Maggie's prison in last night's episode said something like, "When you took whatever-his-name was LAST NIGHT..." I said to my husband, "That was JUST LAST NIGHT?" Are you kidding me?!.....
Season 8 so far has covered about 4 days so far! LOL!!

Love this! I'm old enough to have seen the Fonz actually jump the shark!
Me too! Although I will deny it if anyone asks me later. ;)

That's what I remember from what I've read too! So she may be a year old in the timeline but she does look way older than one in last night's episode! I would not have wanted to be the one carrying her in the babycarrier through the walker-infested swamp, lol!
It seems like baby Grace is closer to the age that Judith should be. I think the twins that play Judith look somewhere around 3 or 4.

Who was the child in Maggie's office (in the crib)? I had assumed that was hers that we never saw Maggie truly "show" much less give birth.

Who was the child in Maggie's office (in the crib)? I had assumed that was hers that we never saw Maggie truly "show" much less give birth.
Baby Gracie, an infant found by Rick at one of the outposts -- he and Darryl killed her caretaker (maybe father -- I can't recall). No one was left at the outpost so Rick brought her to Hilltop (via Aaron, I think).

Baby Gracie, an infant found by Rick at one of the outposts -- he and Darryl killed her caretaker (maybe father -- I can't recall). No one was left at the outpost so Rick brought her to Hilltop (via Aaron, I think).
which, I also don't get this whole storyline either. Though when they showed Maggie watching baby Grace and rubbing her belly, I wondered if she will lose her baby and then Grace will fill the spot of her and Glen's baby.

which, I also don't get this whole storyline either. Though when they showed Maggie watching baby Grace and rubbing her belly, I wondered if she will lose her baby and then Grace will fill the spot of her and Glen's baby.

Well Maggie's future is still uncertain because of Lauren Cohan's contract negotiation issues so she could wind up dying herself.

Yikes! They still have the top spot for a Sunday night, but ratings are still down. This just makes me sad.

"Sunday cable ratings: ‘The Walking Dead’ goes even lower, Rick PorterMarch 13, 2018"
From:http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-march-11-2018/

"It turns out “The Walking Dead’s” lows last week weren’t just a result of the show airing opposite the Oscars.

The AMC series still led Sunday’s cable ratings by wide margins, but it did so with even smaller numbers than the previous week — which were below anything “The Walking Dead” had drawn in at least six years. Sunday’s 2.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.6 million viewers were down from 2.9 and 6.82 million a week earlier.
...."

I didn't care anything about the garbage people because, as viewers, we weren't given anything w/ which to connect to them. I feel more connected to some of the Saviors than ever I did w/ any of the garbage people.

I think, part of the problem w/ TWD for me now, is the long lag time between scenes & different characters & the unrealistic actions of the characters.
And that "lag time" between scenes & characters, in reality, is only supposed to be a couple of days or weeks - which makes a lot of what's happening ridiculous.

Like w/ Henry - I don't remember who he is, who his brother was, or why I'm supposed to care.

W/ Gabe & Carson in the car, when Gabe couldn't read the map because of his failing eyesight, why didn't Carson then get the map instead of treating the whole thing like some kind of "mental exercise" for Gabe? In reality, if you were in a survival-type situation & the guy w/ you couldn't read the map that you both needed to get where you needed to be in order to survive, you'd take the map from him & read it - not keep relying on the near-blind guy to read the map.

Hilltop is starving & having to ration food, but, just a few days ago, weren't they okay - their whole deal w/ the Saviors was to provide food for them if the Saviors left them alone, right? How much food have they eaten in just a few days' time?

And I think killing Carl was just such a huge mistake when it comes to telling the "big" story of TWD. The overarching story of TWD has been about Rick & his relationship w/ Carl. It's just bad storytelling to kill Carl.

But, so you do kill Carl. In his big scene, Carl gives his sheriff hat to Judith - like a passing down of the torch. Where is the hat now? In the swamp scene, Judith doesn't have the hat. When she's carried into the Hilltop, she doesn't have the hat.

Oh, & edited to add - not that it matters now, but why wouldn't Gabe & Carson have taken all the meds w/ them - thinking they were headed to the Hilltop? And did someone else already mention that that was a pretty fast-acting antibiotic?

Last edited:
Yeah, I hate shows, movies or books with too many plot holes. If the show or movie has some other remarkable element going on, like awesome special affects, then I can maybe overlook some plot holes. Two of my fave shows, Bates Motel and Stranger Things, had some big plot holes that bugged me but the super fantastic acting and neat attention grabbing visuals kept me watching and longing for the next episode. Aint the case with TWD. IMO, acting isn't anything worth noting and the visuals have become too over the top and for only shock factor that it's become over done and boring. The meat grinder scene...I yawned at it. These huge and numerous plot holes is just too much to overlook anymore

Yeah, I hate shows, movies or books with too many plot holes. If the show or movie has some other remarkable element going on, like awesome special affects, then I can maybe overlook some plot holes. Two of my fave shows, Bates Motel and Stranger Things, had some big plot holes that bugged me but the super fantastic acting and neat attention grabbing visuals kept me watching and longing for the next episode. Aint the case with TWD. IMO, acting isn't anything worth noting and the visuals have become too over the top and for only shock factor that it's become over done and boring. The meat grinder scene...I yawned at it. These huge and numerous plot holes is just too much to overlook anymore

Yes!! In previous seasons, ignoring plot holes was easier because the action & storyline were exciting enough to keep you engaged, &, now, that's just not there.

And I absolutely agree about the shock factors & visuals. There was one walker (& I can't even remember the details now, but it was something w/ the gate, if I'm remembering correctly), but just the way they showed the walker's face peeling away, I thought to myself, "They're just trying too hard now."

Michonne shoving the gate bolt in the walker's face, slowly.

And it has hurt that they have sooooo many characters that they barely show our original crew and never show them together. And they don't have the time to show us a backstory on all these new peeps: the oceanfront ladies, the saviors and the garbage dump folks. At least they now have 1/3 less with the garbage folks being killed. Still too many people.

I didn't care anything about the garbage people because, as viewers, we weren't given anything w/ which to connect to them. I feel more connected to some of the Saviors than ever I did w/ any of the garbage people.

I think, part of the problem w/ TWD for me now, is the long lag time between scenes & different characters & the unrealistic actions of the characters.
And that "lag time" between scenes & characters, in reality, is only supposed to be a couple of days or weeks - which makes a lot of what's happening ridiculous.

Like w/ Henry - I don't remember who he is, who his brother was, or why I'm supposed to care.

These points are exactly how I feel. Too much lag time. You see a story and group of characters one week, then they pick up that story four or five weeks later and you totally forget what happened.

As for Henry, I thought it was me, bit I did not remember who he was, who killed his brother, who his brother was or that he even had a brother.

I find myself getting less interested. I wonder if it has something to do with Gimple and how he ran the show. He seemed to liked to create huge cliffhangers, then slow things down to a crawl and time jump. All these things seem to do is anger and confuse the viewers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter