The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stayed in a 1-bedroom twice this year, February and September.

...Upon entering the room there were absolutely no ammenities in the master bath (shampoo, conditioner, soap etc.) and no bath towels, then upon fixing a snack for my daughter, found we were missing some kitchen items like a dish towel.
Both visits, the ammenities and other items in the Villa were complete.
Room service carts and trays do stay in the hall for too long, which is a problem throughout the Grand. It would help if guests would call room service to pickup the carts.

...There was no lamp on the desk...
Someone stole the lamp, that is sad.

I've stayed at the VGC five times in the last six months, three times in a studio and twice in a 1 br. I've had nothing to complain about, most of the stays we didn't spend much time in because they were for F&W or D23 events, but last month, we REALLY needed our kitchen due to the nature of the event, and everything was there and in good order. I always bring a knife with me since my first DVC at SSR when there was no kitchen knife in the Villa, and mine was sharper than the one they provided, but everything has always been accounted for when we've stayed and the rooms have been nice a clean. I'm glad because I have read accounts of people whose rooms had dirty dishes!

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa twice now and during one of our visits we did have to call maintenance (two seperate times) for a kitchen pipe leak that just wouldn't stop, but with that said they were polite, quick to respond (15-20 minutes) and did their best to fix the problem. No matter where you stay I think that there will always be some type of problems, our homes being no different, the question is do they respond quickly with that Disney friendliness???? During our issue, they did. We love our Villa's......and I hope that continues for years to come.:cool1:

I'm planning on stealing one of the mickey surfboard lamps from Aulani when we stay there... :thumbsup2

Um... J/K! ;)

Hello all,
I have a question for those that have stayed at the GCV over the past year. I am not looking to complain or get flamed, just wondering if these experiences have been had by others. We have been DVC members since 2002 and this is the first property we have had these issues with.
I was just wondering if this was just happening to us or if others had noticed the same things. We are not looking to be treated special or different, we just want the same experience that we have had at all of the other DVC resorts over the years.
Thanks,
Hiccups of the VGC after one year. :confused3 To be expected, but not repeated time and time again. It all depends on the staff. We had issues on our last stay, and all were instantly followed up with a phone call from a CM. Then our card wasn't working properly, so they kindly compensated us nicely. Whenever we check in, the CM's at the desk want to make sure our room is ready, sometimes by phonecall or by walkie talkie. It all depends on who's on that day. I hope your next trip is better :)

Wow! Looks like I did that add on right in time. Made the final payment today, and the whole thing can sit on my Disney Visa for six months interest free!

We are here at VGC right now with a Paradise Pier view -- great view, but lots of construction noise. Beeping from backing up equipment started at 7:00 a.m. this morning.

We had an air conditioning problem that was fixed very quickly. Other than that, all was fine in our villa.

The welcome packet is now just like all other DVC resorts, you no longer get the cute pop-up box with the lanyards.

Lots of rain so far this trip, but tomorrow is supposed to be a great day.

Checking out of 6502 this morning. We have had a lovely stay until last night. We were prepared for construction noise and view, but what we did not anticipate was to be woken up just before midnight because they were jackhammering right below our room. That's right, jackhammering at midnight. Woke me up out of a sound sleep, even though I had taken an Ambien, and this continued until 12:20. Not a person with a jackhammer, but a big machine mounted jackhammer. It sounded as if they were right in our villa.

I actually got out my Flip and have it recorded.

I talked to a Mgr this morning and he suggested I let MS know our concerns. He was very nice. Not too long after that, the local DVC rep called and said they would be putting a one night's stay cash credit on our bill. Evidently they are using $10.00 a point as a guideline.

We also were recently able to add points in our UY :thumbsup2

party: to all who were able to add, just "under the wire"....But you can always be put on a waitlist if you're still interested. Just ask your guide or Resale agent. :goodvibes

Checking out of 6502 this morning. We have had a lovely stay until last night. We were prepared for construction noise and view, but what we did not anticipate was to be woken up just before midnight because they were jackhammering right below our room. That's right, jackhammering at midnight. Woke me up out of a sound sleep, even though I had taken an Ambien, and this continued until 12:20. Not a person with a jackhammer, but a big machine mounted jackhammer. It sounded as if they were right in our villa.

Another owner had a similar experience with construction noise in mid-February :mad:

When I was there in late-February, the jackhammers stopped at 11PM each night.

I suspect the construction noise will continue for a few months, since everything in that corner of California Adventure is being renovated. The park is living up to its new nickname: Disney Construction Adventure. I hope once the dust settles the view from the VGC will not include the backside of signs and unfinished rooftops :idea:

6 months until Easter weekend at VGC before departing on the DCL repositioning cruise from LA to Vancouver.

Actually I booked this stay only thinking about the cruise and only realized a few days ago my family will be at DL for Easter weekend. I now realize why the points are so high for that trip (can't believe I didn't clue in before). Hopefully we'll survive the crowds but we're hoping for a soft opening of the Little Mermaid and/or Start Tours 2 attractions.

We'll be in a studio this trip. We loved our 1BR last trip but the points were just too high to justify the larger room for this time. Hopefully next time we'll be back to the 1BR but for this trip we're happy just to be back at VGC.

I've got a second studio for my parents and am really looking forward to sharing the VCG experience and location with them. They spent many years taking me to DL when I was a kid so it feels nice to be able to provide something in return.

Has anyone noticed that we are starting to approach the maximum thread limit? Only 19 pages left! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter