The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rivers' Rats

Mouseketeer
I am not sure if anyone has already started a thread for this or not, but I am so excited about buying into VGC on day one that I just had to have a place to discuss it.

Please reply to this thread and let us all know if you bought into the VGC and how many points you ended up with. Also, if you happen to have the chance to take any photos of the villas as they are being completed, post them here as well. I know that I can't wait to see how they are progressing and I assume other owners would like to see the pictures as well.

If you are an excited new owner at VGC like I am, reply to this thread and tell the world!

- By the way, we ended up buying 120 points (and I just can't wait to use them!)

Super excited with 225 points at VGC!!!!Thanks for the thread. Looking forward to 50 great years of memories at Disneylands first DVC property!! JW

:cool1: Us too! DH got us 480 points yesterday. We already made 2 ressies with the developer points at the GC hotel for Valentine's day and the summer. Yeee haaaaw.

I cannot wait to be able to stay in a 1BR though. The hotel suites are really expensive.

Katherine

Bought 200 points last week. I am so happy! I have waited for more than 2 years for this!

Congratulations and welcome home to all the new VGC owners! pixiedust:

gave my credit card info to my Guide on Saturday--am supposed to be in the system by tomorrow. 500 points!

:tigger:

:flower3:

I'm here and have been waiting for this for a long time. We bought 105 points but I'm still very grateful and excited because that's more than we had originally planned (75-ish). I'm having a great time figuring out the many ways we can use these points and our WDW points over the coming years. We are 3 day weekend people at DLR and 7-8 nights people at WDW. Can you tell we live on the West Coast? LOL. We also travel other places during the year and so we want to keep our ownership share within reason and save our resources for seeing the world with our girls. One and maybe once in a while 2 shorter Disney trips per year is perfect for us.

We've booked our DP's at GCH for next week! We had a trip scheduled already and the timing worked out beautifully. My girls and I are taking my mom for her birthday. She hasn't been to DLR since 1975 (my first trip)! princess:

I'll snap some pics when I'm there next week. But FYI, micechat dot com always has a nice selection of updated ones, too.

One more tidbit: Our last name is the same as one of the Disney characters and so this was always meant to be. I never in a million years thought my sensible DH would ever go for something like DVC. I wuv him!

pixiedust:

I just checked the member website and my three new contracts of 75pts each have just shown up! I am so excited!!! That's 225 total and I will add more later if I can ever dump some of my 300 SSR points.:cool1:

Count us in with 200 points!! Hopefully in a few years we can add more points as our family will be getting bigger and need to upgrade to bedroom room!

220 here.:cheer2: Hope to stay this Thanksgiving. Going to WDW for Christmas and hope to stay at BLT. At Disneyland you only needed to buy 100 points at AKV or BLT to become a founding member, so I need to use those BLT points somewhere.

bethy - yes it was meant to be!

I'll be joining the group on Wed when my guide returns to the office.

Not buying, but wanted to hop on and wish everyone an early...

party: :welcome: HOME!!! party:

I really hope that sometime in the future we can plan a stay there. We've never been to DL, or CA for that matter. Can't wait to see pics and hear about upcoming stays! :goodvibes

Congratulations, all! :cheer2:

P.S. Cute, Bethy!

How many points? Does the ability to split into smaller contract help?
I'm back to 180, split into 2 contracts of 90 points. :goodvibes I've gone between 160 - 180 points until I drove myself nuts. As much as I'd like enough points to pick up 2 APs for WDW I can't make myself do it.

I'm back to 180, split into 2 contracts of 90 points. :goodvibes I've gone between 160 - 180 points until I drove myself nuts. As much as I'd like enough points to pick up 2 APs for WDW I can't make myself do it.

I got enough for the APs but I just dont have the time to drive down and sign in person.

Yay! I'm so excited for everyone!

I'm planning on buying within the next week or so! We just bought BLT last week and have to wait 10 days or something, according to our guide.

May I ask what the purpose is for splitting into to smaller contracts? Is it so it's easier to sell contracts later, or to split amongst kids? Or is there another reasons I'm totally missing? If it's for those reasons, I guess it won't affect us too much... we'll be early-mid 70s by the time our contract expires and I fully intend to be using all those points still at that age!! :) Sorry, kids! :)

And another discrepancy... I could have sworn my guide said the DP were only available if over 16o pts were bought! But if other people got them for only 100, that's awesome!

Shoot, I'm still confused about the dang use year thing with this add on. I have to research this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter