The Vacation We're "Dream"ing About ~ Our First Cruise *Updated 4/30*

Weight Loss Update

I did really well all last week with my eating; I only went over my calories on Valentine's day and only by 50. (I used myfitnesspal to track them)

I didn't do so great with exercising, as I only got on the elliptical Monday and Tuesday.

I found a workout DVD I think I am going to like and plan on doing it Tuesday and Thursday.

We had a nice surprise on Valentine's Day in the evening. It was crazy windy that night tho; I swear it felt like our upstairs was swaying.:cold:

VDaySnowBelle.jpg

We got some unexpected snow!

It's starting to snow here now as I type this. We are supposed to get a pretty good storm until tomorrow morning.

I am also dealing with a sick Cinderella and DH thinks he caught it too, I think it is just a head cold for both of them. I am crossing my fingers and praying I don't get it.

Is it bad of me to take Cinderella out in the snow tomorrow if she is sick? If we get what is predicted it will be the first real snow we have gotten all winter and she loves to play in the snow.

Well hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!!! :sunny:

Aww!! You look GREAT!!! Great weight loss changes!! You are definitely inspiring me! So excited for your first cruise! You will have a hard time going back to the parks :)

Plans (Port Excursions or lack thereof)

On my 75 day mark, I was going to stay up to midnight but I was so tired that I fell asleep. In the morning I got Cinderella her breakfast and all set up then logged on.

I actually started with my port arrival time and all the paperwork which we hadn't done; I didn't get the earliest time but I did get 10:45-11. We will probably try to arrive at the port around the time it opens tho.

Then I decided to look for Palo brunch. We had heard on the boards that they had also added Nassau day for the brunch and sure enough they had many openings that day! Horray!!! We are booked at 11 am! I am so excited for this!

Since we are now doing Palo on Nassau Day we decided to not do the Discover Atlantis tour; we will probably get off the boat to take a picture at the Nassau sign and to get a t shirt or two but we plan to be off the boat no longer than hour and a half.

We are still trying to decide what or if we want to do anything on Castaway Cay. Now I am not a beach person but I am hoping I will enjoy this beach. I however will not like to sit and do nothing or just get in the water for a little while so we need to do something. I am hoping I can talk DH into a bike ride. We will see tho, we may just wait until we are there and then decide. I am also trying to decide if I want to walk the Castaway 5K or not.

I also decided it was time to put this beauty out!!!

CruiseCD.jpg

We are all so excited!!!!

I also made a post cruise reservation for Mother's Day Brunch at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Trying to get more info to see if I want to keep it or not!

Weight Loss Update

Another good week with food. I stuck to my calorie count all week!!!

I didn't do so well with exercise tho; I am having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things and I think its all this snow and cold weather.

I did get something to help me tho; DH bought it for me Saturday while we were at target because it was on sale and I am thrilled!!!!

Charge.jpg

A Fitbit Charge!!!!! I have/had a Fitbit Flex since July (I'm selling it cheap to my best friend) and I liked it but I wanted the display to tell me exactly how many steps without me looking at the app. When they made the announcement about the Charge I have been drooling over it! I have only been using it two days and I LOVE it!!! I have a current goal of 10,000 steps a day and 10 floors climbed (The floors I might change depends on what my normally average will be) If I end up doing 10 all week I may bump it up.

Hopefully I will have a better exercise week.

Weight Loss Update

I did great again with calories this week not going over. Including Saturday when I went to a Thirty-one party.

Exercise I still can't get back into the swing of things. However here is my Fitbit tracker from the week...

Fitbit week.jpg

Except Sunday (Which it was charging and getting set up) I think I did great!!!

I also finally got below 129... I am now at 127.2 wooohooo!!!!! 2.2 pounds to go and then I will switch to maintaining.

This weeks plan is to hit 10,000 steps everyday. Hopefully get on the elliptical Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To do workout video, Zumba, or Dance Central for 30 minutes Tuesday and Thursday.

Can't wait to hear more about your planning! We are sailing in May too, but on the Magic! Our third cruise and I'm so excited planning and counting down! I would highly recommend Blue Lagoon in Nassau, it is a beautiful private beach and a lovely boat ride over. They also have dolphin and sea lion encounters. It's a really pretty island, we went on our first cruise and are going again this time. I do understand wanting to enjoy the ship too though. We have 5 nights so im glad for the extra day.

Thanks for joining in! Yay for your third cruise; we haven't even got on yet and I'm already trying to talk DH into doing another in Nov/Dec of this year lol.

You're doing great! It's so hard to stick with the exercises I know. We're going in December and from what I've heard those months are good weather wise.

Hi!

We too are planning our very first cruise for this May but we will be in the fantasy mid may. We are doing a land - sea combo. The best part? our two kids have NO CLUE that we have booked a cruise! Lol

Our family:
2 moms
twin 8 yo boys (identical)
Baby daughter who will be 8 months when we cruise
We are from Pacific northwest, Canada.

Doing 7 days at AKA then surprising our boys with 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise. It is the biggest most extravagant vacation we've ever taken. We usually do budget vacations but came into an inheritance and this is our fun money that we are blowing.

I'm also on a diet plan. Finally losing my baby weight... my babies are almost 9 lol! I also upgraded to a fitbitcharge so I'd have a clock while on vacation. I've lost 27 lbs... 8 to go before the cruise!

One question for you all... what does PTR stand for?

Wooohoo that is awesome!!! My parents started at Animal Kingdom Villas with Cinderella in Jan and they all loved it.

You are doing awesome on your diet plan plenty on time to finish off those last 8 pounds. I like that I have a clock and I can see my steps without syncing which will be awesome in the cruise because I plan on not using my phone at all.

PTR stands for Pre Trip Report.

Weight Loss Update

I have been doing great with getting my 10,000+ steps each day but I have been horrible with my eating lately! I don't know what got me off track but it got me WAY off track! I will get back on track with that this week. The good news is I had got to 126.6 and since getting off track I have only gained .2 pounds so I am at 126.8.

Pirate night ideas, purchases, and day/night before cruise plan

I was looking for inexpensive pirate night ideas and I came across this idea on pinterest!

Piratenightidea.jpg

I really like this idea. I was gonna wear my black and white maxi, have Cinderella wear her black sparkly tutu with black leggings, and DH wear black sweatpants. I had got everything to do this and then yesterday DH started getting involved with it and now we are probably buying pirate costumes for us and a Tinkerbell costume for Cinderella. (We asked her if she wanted to be a pirate, Izzy (from Jake), or Tinkerbell.)

Cinderella also has been needing a two piece swimsuit (she has two one pieces) but I like her to have one of each. Last night when I was looking at the Disney store for a Tinkerbell. I found this suit and now I HAVE to get it for her!

Cinderella suit.jpg

I also love the flip flops!!

Cinderella flipflops.jpg

Normally, I don't buy her a ton of character stuff but this is just so adorable and Cinderella is her favorite character that I feel I must! Thankfully we have some reward dollars so I don't feel so guilty about it.

DH also picked out this shirt for Cinderella yesterday at Carter's/OshKosh store (SO MUCH CUTE SAIL STUFF!!!!!)

Sailshirt.png

Yesterday, we were also discussing what we thought we would do the day before the cruise. We were planning to go to Cape Canaveral and going to the Ron Jon Surf Shop then stay at a hotel near the port. Now, we are thinking about visiting DH grandfather in Orlando then we remember that my parents will be in Orlando (Taking my niece to WDW for her special trip) staying at a timeshare resort (not DVC) so we asked if we could stay with them that night and save some money! They agreed because they are staying in a 2 bedroom and its only the 3 of them so they have plenty of space!!! We are so thankful because that is $100+ we are saving. It is nice to get these details nailed down as we are

42 days away from leaving and 43 days until our cruise!!!!

I feel like I have so much left to do and so little time especially with Easter coming up and with Cinderella soccer starting (her first year).

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I have been thinking a lot about Pirate night. I think I will be buying a Disney print material to make us all sashes. Where we go from there I have no clue. I love the swimsuit and flip flops! Oh my gosh so much cuteness! That shirt is so adorable to!

Soccer should be exciting for Cinderella!

Your trip so close! I'm jealous!

Thank you! Trying to decide what we are doing pirate night is exhausting me. :guilty::headache:

She loved her first practice!:flower:

Aww but the sooner mine will be over and then I won't have anything to look forward too.

Today I am trying to find things to write down in my disney cruise binder; like tips and so on.

image.jpg
I put a piece of paper beside it so you can see that it is about 9 inch.

While I am researching Cinderella came over to cuddle.

image.jpg

I am gonna miss this in the fall when she starts school.

The only thing in my planning binder is the patterns I'm drawing for our door magnets. I have good intentions but, the lists are all on the computer or my iPad.

Cinderella's a doll!

Right now all that is in mine are disney rewards cards, dvc member cards, Lego card, and a copy of DD birth certificate and those stay in there all the time lol. I am just now starting to right my tips and things down. Lol!

Thank you. She is excited for the trip; she keeps talking about "when we get on the boat...."

Cruise Happenings

I have some sad news! I was a little concerned about my Palo brunch especially since there was talk on the boards of it being stopped on Nassau days in April. Yesterday I called DCL and they confirmed that it is cancelled and they were not sure why it was still showing up as a reservation. :( I am super bummed but plan on checking to see if we can get a reservation once we board.

DH decided he really wanted to get costumes for pirates night.

result.png

We ordered these costumes and will check to make sure they fit when they come in.

We also ordered some shirts to wear when we board!!! I will post pictures when they come in but it could be the end of April before they do.

I am making a list of things we want to do and what is MUST do. DH is already thinking that we should maybe drop the movies. :guilty: I was really looking forward to seeing Avengers! I am gonna ask him about this again because if that is the case I may take Cinderella to see Cinderella next week. Although she could probably wait until it releases on DVD.

I also ordered some towel clips. To be able to clip the towels to the chairs and to clip the towels around us when headed to get food at Castaway Cay.

I have also downloaded the NIV Bible to my device so that I can keep up with my bible reading on vacation. My plan is to hopefully wake up before others and sit out on the verandah and read the bible then possible go to the gym or for a walk then coming back (Want to make sure I hit my 10,000 steps while on the cruise) and getting everyone up and ready for the day. Speaking of getting up early I am trying to get myself ready for this, I am not an early bird and the time change messed me up. I want to be able to get up at 6:30 on the cruise and right now I have trouble getting up at 7:30 so I am going to have to work on this.

Well hope everyone is having a good day and is excited and ready for Easter!!!!

Weight Loss Update

I have been keeping on track with everything and I am happy to report......

I hit my goal!!!!! I weigh 124.8!!!!!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

Actually this morning I weighed 124.6. I am still trying to keep up my calorie count and walking 10,000 steps this week.

Next week, I am going to change my calories to maintaining and still do my 10,000 steps! It has been a little over a year since I started and it was so worth it!!! I feel so much better about myself and I am very thank to God that he helped me on this journey as I could have not done it on my own! To others out there trying to lose weight you can do it! I am proof that you can! Just find what works for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter