The Unofficial Chatterbox Thread! Everyone is Welcome!

:eek:
Craziness!
My 11 yo dn (with autism) disappeared from our apt one time, I had walked out of the living room to drop something into the back bedroom.. came back and POOF he was gone! Keep in mind, our apt is all of 750 sq feet. Checked the bedrooms, checked the bathroom.. OMG I lost my sister's kid! :scared1:
Finally looked in the hall, he was watching people in the parking lot from the big windows on the stair landing.. I gave him a scolding for that one. You may NOT wander in the halls and freak out auntie! :laughing:

As for a young one leaving, do your exterior doors have long easy turn handles? When Noah was about 2 our building was completely re-done and brought up to current code for handicap accessible door handles. Fine for people with arthritis, not so good if you have little kids. He couldn't reach the handle before the refurb, the long handles made it super easy for him to push it up slightly and away he went... walking down the middle of the street, fortunately not a busy street but still! :scared1::scared1:

I didn't even know he had left the apt and the outside doors were propped open for the construction workers. One of the school agers I was babysitting glanced out the window and said.. "Is that Noah?"
OMG!! :scared:

I swear, the few gray hairs I have are all from Noah. :sad2:

So yeah.. not surprised. But at least they find you and not some creepy person. :thumbsup2
Actually.. our doors are really hard to open! Even my husband has issues with the front door! THankfully.. Alex and Kaylee are not wandering kiddos. I dont know about the twins. Probably VInny. He strikes me as the type. Jasmine is so grumpy, and such a mommas girl.. I dont think she will wander far from me. If she did.. she would just snarl at anyone who looks at her.:lmao: She is the meanest baby ever.:rotfl2:

Staley- that is so good of you to have found that child and I'm glad that she found her way back safely. :goodvibes That is frightening as well because goodness knows what could have happend. :scared1:

mmm, making soup today. Using up some carrots and celery, tossed in a few potatoes, some onions. Beef broth, spices.. sampled and hmm'd haaahhh'd a bit, tossed in a bit of leftover tomato paste. Hmm, little better... Have a bit of corn to use up before it gets freezer burn... you know, clean out the fridge n freezer and create on the fly kind of cooking. :thumbsup2

Did a double coupon run yesterday.

8 boxes of cereal (I was down to 12 boxes after the in-laws visited, have to share the wealth you know), 4 shopping bags (free with purchase of cereal.. promoting Earth Day with Kellogg characters on them.. very cute!) and a bag of chips (freebie) for $9
That round generated 3 catalinas for free gallon of milk (up to $4.19 value) plus coupon for free case of bottled water.

Round 2...
Canned dog food to give to SIL, coupons made it free plus overage, had to boost the order to get to the $25 minimum.
Organic milk (total splurge had to pay $1.50 extra out of pocket after the milk catalina), case of water (yearly required "donation" to marching band), juice for boys' lunches, 3 bottles of dressing, cat treats, 2 bottles of shampoo. $4 total :woohoo:

And I still have two more milk catalinas to use before the end of the month.
The boys were happy, I got sugary cereal this time. Guess Special K and Kashi are kinda boring. But they were free!!!!! :laughing:

Noticed the milk is already a quarter gone, took the boys two full weeks to finish the last gallon of cheapie milk... even then had to toss out a quarter of it because it was many days past expiration plus I have a tiny fridge and needed the room. :headache:

I should never have got them hooked on organic milk. :laughing:

Eloy has his monthly clinic visit Friday. Good thing the nurse called to remind, both of us were sure it was for NEXT week. Many times we chat with the doc after the exam is done, totally forgetting to work out the next month appt date. I'm not sure we actually decided on a date last time. :confused:

Saturday we are going to a wedding. :goodvibes
Eloy's best buddy at work, should be fun and very nice.
Eloy's never been to a wedding like this, my family goes for the more home spun variety.. small, very very small. Deli platters and cake from a family friend, sitting in someone's basement or backyard.. small.
This one is the HUGE church, gorgeous venue near the river, very very very NICE..

I went to San Diego 2 weeks ago and just wanted to share some pics I took of baby ducks. :)

27094_407129226638_746751638_489035.jpg

I like how the duck in the middle is looking down as if he were thinking: "OMG, are those my feet?"

27094_407129266638_746751638_489035.jpg

27094_407130141638_746751638_489036.jpg

27094_407130146638_746751638_489036.jpg

27094_407130166638_746751638_489036.jpg

Morning and TGIF all!!

Wow Bernice you are the shopping queen!! ;) That's awesome! I really should coupon clip more. Esp with what WE spend on groceries. We used to be able to get away with about 40 a week at Winco just getting the staples, bread, milk etc but then Shane caved and let the girls start buying those packages with the indiv cereals (which personally I think is a HUGE waste of money) but they love them and he lets them splurge on those and actually a package of those equals about one box of reg so I guess it isn't TOO bad and they really like the variety but still for YEARS I really wanted them to eat healthy stuff like cheerios, raisin bran, shredded wheat etc and those are NOTHING but the sugar junk. Oh well we don't let them eat school lunch or drink soda except when we go out so I guess one little splurge is ok ;) Anyway dh is the big junk food junkie though. He buys a bunch of chips, french bread pizzas, pizza rolls etc. He loves to snack. It's a good thing he is a construction worker or I think he'd weigh 1000 lbs LOL. Course it doesn't help MY diet any cuz sometimes it is really hard to resist that junk. I try to keep lots of fruit and good healthy stuff for myself but sometimes that stuff "calls" to me LOL.

The wedding sounds fun! Hope you guys have a BLAST!!

Rochelle LOVE the little duck pics. We live on almost 2 acres and used to have several ducks and chickens and I miss having the babies around. Course now we have a dobie and he would kill anything like that so can't have that anymore. But they are adorable!!!

Yesterday I went in to work and the CPA never showed up so I had to try and figure out the taxes by myself. I was pretty nervous and when I called to find out where the heck he was (he forgot) I went over it with him on the phone but I am still nervous that I messed it up. But hopefully it is ok and he is going to come in next week now to do quarterlies with me. Then I checked the bank and after ALL that overtime that shane worked he didn't get paid for it. I am SO disgusted. I will be SO ready for him to start his new job if and when that ever happens. He is training to be an electrician and has taken his contractors test 3 times but not passed. He has his test again on the 28th so I am praying that he passes this time! It is a LONG story but his job he is in now is REALLY bad with pay cuts, getting laid off and now THIS! He worked like 20 hours last friday and all day Saturday and then DIDN'T get paid for it. NOT happy about that! We really needed that extra cash because we have to reg for soccer tomorrow, pay our 6 month car ins, shelby's birthday is May 1st and I have a bunch of stuff to pay for for girl scouts. Everything at once as usual and NO money. UGH!

Oh well that is what usually happens! Anyway today I am off to run some errands and then tonight we have to run to sam's. Otherwise that's bout it for us.

Hope everyone has a GREAT friday and has fun this weekend! Bernice I know you will!! ;)

Morning ladies!

My day is full!

Having company over for the weekend, so it is cooking and cleaning for me.

Have a nice day!:goodvibes

WOW Bernice~ You are an amazing shopper! Where I live it is a smallish town and we never have double coupon day.
The wedding sounds like fun. Big weddings are nice.

Mel~ Have fun with your company this weekend. Make some good eats.

It is a nice quiet wknd for us.

Have a nice day

WOW Bernice~ You are an amazing shopper! Where I live it is a smallish town and we never have double coupon day.
The wedding sounds like fun. Big weddings are nice.

Mel~ Have fun with your company this weekend. Make some good eats.

It is a nice quiet wknd for us.

Have a nice day

We never have it here either! It sure would be nice on the diaper front though. :goodvibes

I have finished sewing Kaylees princess gown!! PHEW! It only took 3 days, but DANG that thing made me sweat! I broke 2 needles on my sewing machine. But its cute. WHen I charge up my batteries for my camera Ill show you all. SO far I have 1 monkey out fit, 1 minnie outfit, a princess fabric dress, and princess gown done for Kaylee. Minnie dress, princess fabric dress for Jasmine.. and nothing for the boys yet. And only two weeks to go! YIKES!

I know it's not even remotely close to Turkey Day...but I though this was funny.

maxine.jpg

SO far I have 1 monkey out fit, 1 minnie outfit, a princess fabric dress, and princess gown done for Kaylee. Minnie dress, princess fabric dress for Jasmine.. and nothing for the boys yet. And only two weeks to go! YIKES!

:faint:

wow! You have been busy with the sewing! I'm impressed, I barely can make dinner some days. Like uhhh :rolleyes1 today.

Spent the day shopping with my sis, bought a panty to smoosh my fat all smooth :blush: to wear with my dress for the wedding. Herberger's was having a big sale in various departments, 40% off - decent enough price for something that typically doesn't make it to clearance.

Fell in love with a very cute shirt at Macy's, almost bought it until we realized it was past 1 pm and the $10 off $25 coupon was not valid :headache: Argh! Going to swing by in the morning and see if it's still there. I hate paying extra when I know I can use a coupon.

Cute duckies Pix! Our neighborhood ducks are just thinking of laying eggs, a female was tromping around our parking lot last week.. sat her little butt right in the middle of the driveway and wouldn't budge for passing cars. SHOOOO!
The frogs have been happy with the warmer temps and occasional rain.. singing some happy trills all day and night. It's far enough away that it doesn't bother our sleep, but I hear them during the quiet of the day when rush hour is over.. treeee treeee treeee treeee treeee .. Next will be June bugs, that show up a month early. :laughing:

Kelly, argh! Very frustrating to not be paid when expected. I worked for a child care that screwed up our paychecks frequently. Small family owned, they did their own payroll. Shorted hours, forget to cut check for someone, or forget to sign it! I learned to copy my time card each week. You do NOT mess with employees' pay checks, makes for some very unhappy workers! :eek:
I wish your dh luck on the test and finding a better job in the future.

I'm tired of spending every holiday in the kitchen. I'm so going to mess up the next holiday meal and then I'll be the dinner rolls, potato chip and soda pop person!:goodvibes:lmao:

Tea anyone?

apron0136.jpg

I know it's not even remotely close to Turkey Day...but I though this was funny.

maxine.jpg

:thumbsup2

I'm always the pop and bread person... only because I hate making stuff and trying to figure out how to keep it cold for a three hour drive to my parent's. :laughing:

Besides, my family likes plain food... I make food with spices.. and FLAVOR! :scared1:

:rotfl2:

:faint:

wow! You have been busy with the sewing! I'm impressed, I barely can make dinner some days. Like uhhh :rolleyes1 today.

Spent the day shopping with my sis, bought a panty to smoosh my fat all smooth :blush: to wear with my dress for the wedding. Herberger's was having a big sale in various departments, 40% off - decent enough price for something that typically doesn't make it to clearance.

Fell in love with a very cute shirt at Macy's, almost bought it until we realized it was past 1 pm and the $10 off $25 coupon was not valid :headache: Argh! Going to swing by in the morning and see if it's still there. I hate paying extra when I know I can use a coupon.

Cute duckies Pix! Our neighborhood ducks are just thinking of laying eggs, a female was tromping around our parking lot last week.. sat her little butt right in the middle of the driveway and wouldn't budge for passing cars. SHOOOO!
The frogs have been happy with the warmer temps and occasional rain.. singing some happy trills all day and night. It's far enough away that it doesn't bother our sleep, but I hear them during the quiet of the day when rush hour is over.. treeee treeee treeee treeee treeee .. Next will be June bugs, that show up a month early. :laughing:

Kelly, argh! Very frustrating to not be paid when expected. I worked for a child care that screwed up our paychecks frequently. Small family owned, they did their own payroll. Shorted hours, forget to cut check for someone, or forget to sign it! I learned to copy my time card each week. You do NOT mess with employees' pay checks, makes for some very unhappy workers! :eek:
I wish your dh luck on the test and finding a better job in the future.

:thumbsup2

I'm always the pop and bread person... only because I hate making stuff and trying to figure out how to keep it cold for a three hour drive to my parent's. :laughing:

Besides, my family likes plain food... I make food with spices.. and FLAVOR! :scared1:

:rotfl2:

B! You're here!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

What's up? I was just about to give up and go to bed. Gone are the good ol' days when you could find a Hyena around 24/7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter