The Gypsy HSN bundle ...

If anyone is looking to unload their Don Juan cart ... PM me :-) I know I can find it on ebay but I'd rather help out a DISer!

I just posted on the Cricut Messageboard Gypsy forum my feelings on the G so far. Here's what I said:

I don't hate my Baby G, but I gotta admit, I'm pretty underwhelmed! It doesn't do a lot of things I thought it should. Maybe some of them will be included in updates, and maybe they won't.

*Dragging objects is a PITA. Sometimes they drag just fine, sometimes not so much.

*The screen isn't as responsive/smooth as I wanted it to be. I am so used to the smoothness of my iPhone. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing the two, but I can't help it.

*Speaking of the screen, I don't really like that I can see each individual pixel.

*Welding is even more of a PITA than dragging objects, and honestly, I don't see them being able to fix that one to the point where we will be able to make the very detailed designs that we are used to making in CDS.

*I hate that I can't go all the way to the edge of the mat. I want to build a 12x12 frame and weld things to the inside, leaving the outside uncut. on the G, we can't even move something beyond the cutting mark at all. This is beyond frustrating, and I don't really see them rushing to fix it, because I doubt it will be a real high priority on the Fix List.

*And speaking of intricate designs, can you say S-L-O-W?

*No multiple tabs per project, and no way to organize your files.

*I know I've said this a million times, but I WANT ONE-CLICK SHADOWING ABILITY!!!

*And last but not least, I'M JUST WAITING FOR THE UPDATE THAT WILL BLOCK SCAL.....

So, while it's a cool new toy and all, I just can't see myself falling in LOVE with it. I don't feel like I can take it for a true test drive, as I won't load my carts on until I am sure, but how can I be sure if I can't take it for a true test drive?

I'm sure it SOUNDS like I hate the thing... but I really don't. I just expected to be way more impressed.

I guess I am still on the fence about it.

I just posted on the Cricut Messageboard Gypsy forum my feelings on the G so far. Here's what I said:

*Dragging objects is a PITA. Sometimes they drag just fine, sometimes not so much.

*The screen isn't as responsive/smooth as I wanted it to be. I am so used to the smoothness of my iPhone. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing the two, but I can't help it.

I'm sure it SOUNDS like I hate the thing... but I really don't. I just expected to be way more impressed.

Thanks for your updates. I need to get out on the cricut site and see what folks are saying about it.

I agree with your comments above and noticed them too.

I haven't tried welding or cutting to the edge of the mat, so thanks for bringing up those issues. I was hoping to play again with it but all I did was check out 4 cartridges on it that ACM is bundling next week. I was not familiar with them, but thought $100 for 4 cartridges would be nice. After checking them out on the Gypsy, I realized I don't need them! So I guess I saved $100!! :rotfl2:

Ok,I"m ashamed to admit that the Gypsy is just sitting in a box. I should have returned it or sold it on ebay. ARG.

I really do want to do it but just can't get motivated to learn how to do it. Is that sad or what??

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, I updated 21 more pages of my autograph book for my DD4. I used Cricut a lot to make the characters. Here's the link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34090840&posted=1#post34090840

Ok,I"m ashamed to admit that the Gypsy is just sitting in a box. I should have returned it or sold it on ebay. ARG.

I really do want to do it but just can't get motivated to learn how to do it. Is that sad or what??

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, I updated 21 more pages of my autograph book for my DD4. I used Cricut a lot to make the characters. Here's the link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34090840&posted=1#post34090840

Well, I believe if you really want to return it to HSN, you have 90 days for the holiday season instead of their usual 30 days. But if you have already linked your carts, you won't ever be able to load them onto another Gypsy if you change your mind in the future.

I have a lot of issues with mine (mostly issues with the company's lack of giving us what we were promised with this thing), but I do like designing on it, so I've decided to keep mine.

Well, I believe if you really want to return it to HSN, you have 90 days for the holiday season instead of their usual 30 days. But if you have already linked your carts, you won't ever be able to load them onto another Gypsy if you change your mind in the future.

I have a lot of issues with mine (mostly issues with the company's lack of giving us what we were promised with this thing), but I do like designing on it, so I've decided to keep mine.

OH, that is good to know (90 days). Maybe I"ll be able to play around with it then.

I haven't hooked it up to the Cricut nor linked my cartridges yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter