The Gypsy HSN bundle ...

What is the copy and paste function? Is that if you want to make multiple copies of the same thing?

So cool that you got your Gypsy.

I'm anxious to play with mine, too, but the more I think about it, the more I may just return and/or sell.

Going to ebay now to start tracking the selling prices.

Luv2scrap -- how you get good bids!

I just wanted to let you all know I got my gyspy today. When I went to sync it on my computer I had no problems at all. I have vista 32. We were reading that there were problems. It went smoothly for me.

Also they have already done more updated on the gyspy and you can now copy/paste and there is another upgrade I was reading,but I was not paying that close attention, because I have been trying my gyspy out. Alot of the questions at first have already been taken care of.

What do you think of it? I am anxious to try it out. Not having to trek a ton of carts to crops is my main planned use for it.

I paid $8 to have it shipped in 4 days only because I will be gone Friday and that is the estimated day for it to arrive. I actually got it 2 days before they said I would with the 4 day shipping. :banana: now DH will not see the delivery.

I have not loaded any of my carts yet, because I am just playing around with it. I have not read the manual to help point out things so what I have done is just explore. I love the search feature. If you want a pumpkin you type that in and the overlay for each cart with a pumpkin is shown (not at the same time) you hit the next over button to see the next cart.It highlights the image. Very nice.

They copy/past feature is just that Marshay. I do lots of swaps so I use it a lot. So every cut I need I just simply hit the copy/past button (just one button to duplicate unlike in DS you hit copy and then paste) and there is the same image again. I have heard the welding is sooo much easier than on CDS, but I have not tried that yet. It does take some getting use to with the smaller size but I put a small image on there to see how much it would zoom in and it did a lot of zooming. I am going to do a disney image I think later today with all the cuts and see how it looks on the mat (not loaded cart yet).

I believe very soon they will have an update so you can transfer your CDS files to the gyspy. I believe it will be soon, because they already have the copy/paste update.

Little note: if you do not have CDS on your computer you will need to go and download the trial version to your computer so you can get your gyspy "sync" and updated. Also your cricut needs to have 2.31 or 2.32 or highter to work, but if it does not gypsy will lead you to it.

Also I bought some screen protectors at WM in the i-pod accesory section to keep the screen in good shape.

I also wanted to add that it will take some time to get use to the screen size and what it can do, so give it a little chance to win you over. I played very little with it last night and I am still trying to get adjusted to the difference playing with it's size compared to CDS. It's change and change always takes time to get use to.

Shawn, have you noticed if you copy and paste something that you have a contour turned off, it keeps it turned off, or it allows you to turn it off? Know what I mean? Sometimes when I copy and paste something it doesn't allow me to turn a contour off.

Little note: if you do not have CDS on your computer you will need to go and download the trial version to your computer so you can get your gyspy "sync" and updated. Also your cricut needs to have 2.31 or 2.32 or highter to work, but if it does not gypsy will lead you to it.

Also I bought some screen protectors at WM in the i-pod accesory section to keep the screen in good shape.

I also wanted to add that it will take some time to get use to the screen size and what it can do, so give it a little chance to win you over. I played very little with it last night and I am still trying to get adjusted to the difference playing with it's size compared to CDS. It's change and change always takes time to get use to.

Good idea on the screen protector.

I do not have the Design Studio on my computer...I was going to get it but my cricut and computer, although in the same room, are not near each other, so I skipped this.

Yes, the whole change thing is going to be hard. Last night I was making Jasmine, Genie, Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian for my autograph book pages and I was trying to imagine how I would do this on the Gypsy. I'm VERY reliant on the handbooks -- want to see what color to make the piece, then find the same color for a different character...then add background pieces, etc.

Also, I tend to use lots of scraps...I'll place them all over the mat and then just guide my cricut to where I want it to cut...I'd think it would be more work to do that on a Gypsy trying to line it all up.

Did you see that Gypsy is coming to COSTCO??? It's not at my costco, but I wonder what the price will be?

Shawn, have you noticed if you copy and paste something that you have a contour turned off, it keeps it turned off, or it allows you to turn it off? Know what I mean? Sometimes when I copy and paste something it doesn't allow me to turn a contour off.
Jennifer I can honestly say, I have no clue about this contour feature of cds. I need to look into that. I do know at the present the gyspy does not have the contour feature, because of what I have read on the gyspy forum.
It is going to be in a update.

I do not have the Design Studio on my computer...I was going to get it but my cricut and computer, although in the same room, are not near each other, so I skipped this.

Yes, the whole change thing is going to be hard. Last night I was making Jasmine, Genie, Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian for my autograph book pages and I was trying to imagine how I would do this on the Gypsy. I'm VERY reliant on the handbooks -- want to see what color to make the piece, then find the same color for a different character...then add background pieces, etc.

Also, I tend to use lots of scraps...I'll place them all over the mat and then just guide my cricut to where I want it to cut...I'd think it would be more work to do that on a Gypsy trying to line it all up.
Do not know if you know, but you can get the trial version downloaded for free.

I agree with the manuals. I still see myself using them with the gypsy, but I will store my boxes and carts away. More room for more stuff. I definetly think it will take me some time to master cuts like the disney characters. With the update coming soon to transfer your cds files to the gyspy
I will still be able to make those little bitty pieces. And you will be able to line up your scrap pieces on the mat. I do that a lot like you. I agree it would be hard to arrange those little scraps up on the mat using the gypsy.

So Marshay with you working on some new disney cuts does this mean we should be on the look out for some more postings of your auotograph book? I love what you have done with it. It is a great book. I even saved some for future reference.love the book.

I paid $8 to have it shipped in 4 days only because I will be gone Friday and that is the estimated day for it to arrive. I actually got it 2 days before they said I would with the 4 day shipping. :banana: now DH will not see the delivery.

I have not loaded any of my carts yet, because I am just playing around with it. I have not read the manual to help point out things so what I have done is just explore. I love the search feature. If you want a pumpkin you type that in and the overlay for each cart with a pumpkin is shown (not at the same time) you hit the next over button to see the next cart.It highlights the image. Very nice.

They copy/past feature is just that Marshay. I do lots of swaps so I use it a lot. So every cut I need I just simply hit the copy/past button (just one button to duplicate unlike in DS you hit copy and then paste) and there is the same image again. I have heard the welding is sooo much easier than on CDS, but I have not tried that yet. It does take some getting use to with the smaller size but I put a small image on there to see how much it would zoom in and it did a lot of zooming. I am going to do a disney image I think later today with all the cuts and see how it looks on the mat (not loaded cart yet).

I believe very soon they will have an update so you can transfer your CDS files to the gyspy. I believe it will be soon, because they already have the copy/paste update.

Are you sure about needing CDS to sync? This is the first I've heard of that. CDS isn't compatible with Mac computers, but the Gypsy will sync on a Mac.

No I am not positive at all. What you mentioned with the MAC then those with it could not use the gypsy. I was doing so much reading and trying to figure out answers to questions that I could have merged two things into one. I do remember on the gypsy forum that someone was having problems with something and someone said they needed to download the free trial, so it would work. I will go find out what excatly it was, hopefully I will be able to find the thread. I will repost. I am sure I misread something .

No I am not positive at all. What you mentioned with the MAC then those with it could not use the gypsy. I was doing so much reading and trying to figure out answers to questions that I could have merged two things into one. I do remember on the gypsy forum that someone was having problems with something and someone said they needed to download the free trial, so it would work. I will go find out what excatly it was, hopefully I will be able to find the thread. I will repost. I am sure I misread something .

I just posted that question over there, so maybe someone will clear it up for us. :thumbsup2

Jennifer I can honestly say, I have no clue about this contour feature of cds. I need to look into that. I do know at the present the gyspy does not have the contour feature, because of what I have read on the gyspy forum.
It is going to be in a update.

Thanks Shawn. Hide contour is one of my favorite features! Say an image comes with a tree, some leaves and apples. If you just want to cut the tree, you can right click on the "contours" of the leaves and apples and select "hide selected contour" and it won't cut ;) So, you can cut your trees in brown, your leaves in green, and your apples in red, by turning off the contours you don't need, one at a time. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

So Marshay with you working on some new disney cuts does this mean we should be on the look out for some more postings of your auotograph book? I love what you have done with it. It is a great book. I even saved some for future reference.love the book.

Ah, thanks! Yep, I prepped the Fairy Godmother, the Cinderella mice with Cricut and I have Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella prepped. I'll put them together at my next crop on Oct 24-25, so it'll be a while until you see them. My goal is to finish the Aladdin, Mermaid, Beauty, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty pages before my trip....BUT since it's in 45 days, I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Thanks Shawn. Hide contour is one of my favorite features! Say an image comes with a tree, some leaves and apples. If you just want to cut the tree, you can right click on the "contours" of the leaves and apples and select "hide selected contour" and it won't cut ;) So, you can cut your trees in brown, your leaves in green, and your apples in red, by turning off the contours you don't need, one at a time. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Oh, now this Hide Contour Feature would be great!! I use the Expression but I admit I don't understand all the extra buttons - just haven't tried to. I did use the "flip" button last night and liked that.

Is the Hide Contour feature only in CDS or is it on the expression, too? If not on the expression, this would be a definite plus for me to keep the Gypsy.

My Gypsy just arrived!!!

I can't wait to open it up and try it later tonight. I got all excited about it now that it's actually here!:cool1:

My Gypsy just arrived!!!

I can't wait to open it up and try it later tonight. I got all excited about it now that it's actually here!:cool1:

:banana::banana::banana:

Yay for you! You'll have to let us know what you think of it! Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I think I feel the Gypsy flu coming on... Thursday's not looking like a very good day for work... :rotfl:

The hide contours is in Design Studio. If you download the trial version, you'll be able to cut with Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essentials, so give it a whirl! You can cut with all your carts if you buy the program, but you won't need it once the Gypsy gets updated with the same feature.

Have fun!

Okay how in the world did I miss this feature. This sounds great. Thanks Jennifer for explaining it to me. Think I am going to try this out while trying out the gyspy. Oh sooooo much stuff to learn. The brain will explode. :scared1:

Okay here is the link that I was reading about how someone had to download the trial version to get the gyspy to cut. It had to do with updating there cricut. Sorry for the confusion, but here is the link incase we run into this problem:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=5373506

I was just coming here to post this too. here's another post about how Mac users that have never downloaded a trial version of CDS are having trouble now, and Provo Craft didn't even have a clue what to tell them... :sad2:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=5380310&mpage=1&key=&#5380676

The hide contours is in Design Studio. If you download the trial version, you'll be able to cut with Plantin Schoolbook and Accent Essentials, so give it a whirl! You can cut with all your carts if you buy the program, but you won't need it once the Gypsy gets updated with the same feature.

Have fun!

Oh, thank you. So with all the updates that PC is doing, I guess it's just going to make the Gypsy more and more worth it.

I hate how on the Disney cartridges they will mix a blue eyes with a red mouth...I'm always wasting paper and cuts...so with this hide contour I won't!!

OK, I'm off to open up my Gypsy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter