The Gypsy HSN bundle ...

NemoMom07

Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!
I am surprised that this has not been talked about here. I was wondering if anyone bought it from HSN?

I caved in and did last night after several days thinking about it. I was not all that interested in it at first, except for the idea u can put all your carts on it and use to cut. After doing a lot of reading on it and watching the demo it seems rather neat and with updates in the works soon ( copy/paste feature will be added),flex pay, free shipping,no tax (ordered online), 3 year warranty (extra), 3 cartridges (2 built in gypsy), the extras, and u can return if udont like, oh I almost forgot about the extra 500 cricut reward points on top of the 400 u get I thought I would get in on it. It is a lot of $ and the price will be lower (won't have all the extras above), but I have some b-day $ coming, some $ owed back for the gym I went to closing, and I plan to sell the Don Juan cart, so out of pocket I will end up spending $100. I will make up for it with the dentist. I got a broken tooth and to fix it will cost between $1000-$1200. Thank goodness there is a program that will spread the payments up to a year with no interest.

oh, funny! I just posted the same thing! :rotfl:

I ordered last night. :banana:

I just watched the HSN show on-line and am debating whether to buy now or wait...

I really don't see myself using the whole mobile thing right now...but I do like having all the cartridges on the gypsy...like being able to search (so many times I'm going, ok, I want a "watch" or something odd like that and end up going through manually) ... and of course I really want that welding feature -- so tired of cutting and gluing individual letters...

Hmmm, the selling point really seems to be the mobile thing...not sure about that...but maybe if I had it, then I'd do that...

Ok, that was me thinking out loud...how do you guys envision you will use it?

I just watched the HSN show on-line and am debating whether to buy now or wait...

I really don't see myself using the whole mobile thing right now...but I do like having all the cartridges on the gypsy...like being able to search (so many times I'm going, ok, I want a "watch" or something odd like that and end up going through manually) ... and of course I really want that welding feature -- so tired of cutting and gluing individual letters...

Hmmm, the selling point really seems to be the mobile thing...not sure about that...but maybe if I had it, then I'd do that...

Ok, that was me thinking out loud...how do you guys envision you will use it?

I think I am really going to like the search feature too!

I like the idea of not having to pull out my carts every time I want to cut something... and I have a cousin that lives a mile away - she only has 3-4 carts so she borrows mine all the time. I like knowing that I can borrow her a bunch of carts but I will still have them on my Gypsy!

But the biggest reason is that I can design somewhere besides home. I work full time and go to school full time, so sometimes my only time to play is during DS's allergy shot appt, or between work and school when there's not enough time to go home, but enough time to get bored.... maybe I can design something and cut it out when I get home.

I'm hoping it works out that way, because I haven't been able to scrap since I started back to school. My thought is that this will help me find a little time to scrap again!

oh, and if you want the HSN bundle, I wouldn't delay too much longer - someone on the Cricut MB said there's 1300 or less left, and when they're gone, this bundle deal is done.

Edited to add: they're saying less than 1100 left now...!!!

oh, and if you want the HSN bundle, I wouldn't delay too much longer - someone on the Cricut MB said there's 1300 or less left, and when they're gone, this bundle deal is done.

Thanks. It's in my cart and I am checking out S-L-O-W-L-Y...maybe since they have a 30 day money back guarantee, I can try it out first...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks. It's in my cart and I am checking out S-L-O-W-L-Y...maybe since they have a 30 day money back guarantee, I can try it out first...

Thanks for your thoughts!

Go for it! You can always send it back if it's not what you wanted. I recommend the extended warranty as PC won't help you once the 1 year warranty is up... :headache:

I don't go to crops and just scrap at home in my room. DH is always saying I finally come home (truck driver) and you stay in your room. So I figure I can go in the tv room and sit with him and still scrap. Also I am helping a woman who is only 29 and is going to pass away with cancer soon. She has 2 small kids and spoke to my pastor about how she would like to leave them aa scrapbook. My pastor asked if I would help. This will be graet for that.

I was going to get a jukebox, but I. Do like this idea plus I can take all my cartridge boxes and store them else where and now I will have more room for more stuff.

I don't go to crops and just scrap at home in my room. DH is always saying I finally come home (truck driver) and you stay in your room. So I figure I can go in the tv room and sit with him and still scrap. Also I am helping a woman who is only 29 and is going to pass away with cancer soon. She has 2 small kids and spoke to my pastor about how she would like to leave them aa scrapbook. My pastor asked if I would help. This will be graet for that.

I was going to get a jukebox, but I. Do like this idea plus I can take all my cartridge boxes and store them else where and now I will have more room for more stuff.

First -- so happy for you to be so generous in making a scrapbook for that mother. I just can't imagine her desire to leave such a treasure for her children -- that would totally break my heart. Thank you for using your talents for her!

Now compared to that, this is soooo inconsequential...but I'll ask anyway...

I assume you can design many, many pages and then cut them all later? On the show they designed the page and then cut right away ... so I guess you could choose Mickey Mouse and save that as all black...then save another Mickey Mouse to do the reds, save and then do the yellows, whites, etc.

Then when you get to your cricut, you just cut each individual saved design??

(sorry if this seems like I'm asking a stupid question...I'm just trying to grasp how this is done in reality...from design to cut...)

Yes, you can save all of your designs and cut them later.

Also forgot to mention, don't forget about the two Gypsy exclusive cartridges that come loaded onto it. They look awesome! Since I won't pay more than $45 for a cart, I consider that $90 off the price right there...

Then it also comes with Don Juan through HSN, which I already have so I will sell that on Ebay, so that's about $40 more off the price...

then it comes with the sleeve and the bag... turns out to be a great deal with this bundle! :thumbsup2

Yes that is correct. Also you could cut each Mickey part on the same mat. You would just have to place the paper color in accordance to to that on the mat. Great way to use up those scraps.

Also last I heard was they had less than 1200left. That was an hour ago.

thank you ladies!!!:worship:You have persuaded me to buy it. I really hope to play with it the next 2-3 weeks to see if I like it.

<Said in a sing-song voice> "I just bought the Gypsy :cool1: I just bought the Gypsy!:banana:"

WAY TO GO!! Let's all post back here and tell how we like it, since all of us were not so sure.

WAY TO GO!! Let's all post back here and tell how we like it, since all of us were not so sure.

Yes, great idea!!

Let me know when you guys get yours...I am going to put it in the diaper bag and try to do it on-the-go.

I did read on the Cricut message boards that once you link a cartridge it can't be unlinked (like if you wanted to sell that cartridge on ebay, which I've done...the buyer wouldn't be able to link to their gypsy)...so I shouldn't link my cartridges until I know 'for sure and for certain' that I want to keep the Gypsy...

Yes, great idea!!

Let me know when you guys get yours...I am going to put it in the diaper bag and try to do it on-the-go.

I did read on the Cricut message boards that once you link a cartridge it can't be unlinked (like if you wanted to sell that cartridge on ebay, which I've done...the buyer wouldn't be able to link to their gypsy)...so I shouldn't link my cartridges until I know 'for sure and for certain' that I want to keep the Gypsy...

Yep, I'm not going to link my carts until the 30 days is up!

I can't wait to see how we all like them! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter