The Fridge Swap that will never die thread!!! ;-)

The "trainwreck" as you call it... made me laugh! :rotfl:

You have it sooo right - just like a car crash that everyone slows down for and peek out their car windows to have a glance.. I'm sure everyone would have their own 'idea' of what might of happened for that crash. That's the same premise here --- No one really knows the FULL STORY of this swap but still has to put their 2 cents in and assume they know the real story ...

Remember what happens when you ASSUME? Exactly!:hippie:

The "trainwreck" as you call it... made me laugh! :rotfl:

You have it sooo right - just like a car crash that everyone slows down for and peek out their car windows to have a glance.. I'm sure everyone would have their own 'idea' of what might of happened for that crash. That's the same premise here --- No one really knows the FULL STORY of this swap but still has to put their 2 cents in and assume they know the real story ...

Remember what happens when you ASSUME? Exactly!:hippie:
I never commented on the FULL STORY of the swap. And if NO ONE knows, then you're putting your 2 cents in and ASSUMING as much as anyone else.

What I DO know is what I read, so I actually did see the "trainwreck" (I :rotfl: when I saw that you :rotfl:...:confused3)...the trainwreck is what happened on the thread, not what happened with the exchange. And reading the thread...one group had the wrong fridge (fact), Avonlady was trying to get her group's fridge back (fact), the other group was indignant at the suggestion of returning it and refused (fact), and attacked Avonlady (IMHO). THAT'S the trainwreck.

It's a beautiful day! Heading out to enjoy it. :teeth:

MaryAnn well said...

Georgette.... #1 I understand perfectly well... I am a journalist and work in the public relations field so it is my job to do so.

#2 it is a public forum. I will not "mmofb"

#3 your response to people just exemplifies your character further.

I, too, feel bad for CM in these swaps. I've never participated in a swap and likely never would for that simple fact.

Just glad to see it's solved and AvonLady's group will get their fridge back that they paid for and nicely asked for back.. several times.. over a course of too many weeks.

You know what...when you know nothing you should shut your yap.

I am giving Pennymom the fridge back - and I am not getting one unless we manage to find ours. I didn't say this because I was didn't want to come across like I thought I was some kind of martyr....but this really pisses me off. I am doing the *right* thing, according to what everyone is saying, yet I am still getting persecuted. I reached out to Pennymom, and said I was willing to give her the fridge back...if she would help me look for my fridge. At first, I was concerned only for the swapper after me...not myself. Once Georgette dropped out, I immediately told Pennymom she could have her fridge back. I've got no guarantees I'm getting a fridge at all, and I am wasting precious time responding to the bulls**t on this thread.

I am tempering the language I want to use in this thread, but I want to cuss up and down 7 ways to Sunday, because I can't beleive your people's attitude. I had NO control over what happened before me, just like I had NO control over Avonlady losing her fridge. And it sure as hell is none of your business what I do when you weren't even involved.

Oh dear :sad1: I have been told to shut my yap.
:rotfl2:

You are no martyr, trust me - you have no right even asking pennymom to lose a single second of her vacation to find your swaps fridge before you will return her rightful property.

I was pretty done with this thread anyway because the entertainment value was fading fast - like eating cheese curls for dinner, initially pretty darn tasty - but eventually you just get sick of them and never feel full. I am certainly not going to be told what I can or can't comment on however.

None of my business? :lmao: Keep it off a PUBLIC message board then, my friend!

MaryAnn is spot on.

You wanna bring moral values into this avon lady? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Disney provides fridges for you, you just have to pay for them. Really do you? Ok then lets go:

It is ok for you to harrass someone, over a FREE fridge? Pay Disney for the nightly fridge fee and this wouldn't happen

It is Ok for you to say our swapper is lying about trying to meet yours? So of course we ASSume that your swapper is the honest one?

It is ok for our swappers to not have a fridge? Why are you swapping in the 1st place?

Also why not put the blame on luggage services where the blame belongs???

You are name calling and just flat out MEAN. (Ever see the bumper sticker? Mean people suck- well it is true.)

Saying Christa could not hack it?? Actually she is in a position where she no longer needs a fridge as a DVC holder. After two years of running it, she deserves an award, for dealing with the people who are unreasonable and feel they are entitled to everything.

Perhaps we should face reality here. ALL the fridges are being swapped around. NO one is keeping the same fridge. So walk down to luggage and get a fridge. That is how we aquired the one we were given. Really should everyone get their panties in a bunch over a FREE fridge swap? No.. Not at all. There are bigger things in life to worry about. Cancer, our economy, our unemployment rates sky rocketing.

I suggest you take your anger out on something worth fighting for and leave others alone.

:rotfl2::lmao:

Is there ever a Moderator on this board anymore?:sad2:

I thought personal attacks on a poster warranted points? :confused3 Several people in this thread should have received many points by now!

Wow, just wow!

Doesn't seem to be a moderator :)

It seems that someone has tried for a month to have it closed, but it continues!:hippie:

Gosh, u'd think that someone would finally close this thread out after several requests... Seems some moderators should either give up the position or do what's asked... hmmm!!! :thumbsup2
Wow. And after you told them to and everything! ;)

I forgot how entertaining this thread was. :laughing:

If you send a PM to DIS Moderating team they will close your thread.
I have asked that my stroller thread be taken off the stroller Thread.
But I still hasn't been. I finally E-mail the DIS Moderating team and they lock it.
I don't think aka-mad4themouse is around anymore...:sad2:

Hi, I am traveling to the POP Century resort and will be there from 2/19-2/26. I would like to avail the fridge for that duration, if still available.
Thanks!

Our Gold Star fridge has disappeared. Can you please be on the look out in case it got mixed up with one of the other swaps!
It used to have paper Gold Stars taped to the box but I have not been able to determine if they are still on there. Someone was kind enough to get a box from UHaul since the old one had fallen apart. When I used it last it was the kind of moving box you can hang clothes in. It also had a coffee pot and toaster but those were inside the fridge. It is one of the bigger "college" type fridges with a separate freezer. The fridge is black, it also had gold stars taped to it. I also had a laminated "If Found please call Sandi"
IMG_2652nophon.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter