The Fridge Swap that will never die thread!!! ;-)

Hey Avonlady and posse--

Why don't you check with your next swapper after SkierPete on my swap. I heard he is making arrangements to giving the fridge to them. He is being the bigger person here. Nobody stole your fridge. We were given the incorrect one just like you were. Of course you had no problems using that incorrect fridge until that one got lost. Then all of sudden it was a major issue.

You are getting your fridge back. So just shut it. Maybe just maybe if you were a bit nicer about the whole situation you would have gotten your fridge back alot sooner.

Good Luck. I hope you have a long lasting swap that continues for years and years and years. :laughing:

Love Always,

Former Swap Leader AKA liar, hack and theif (yes, because I personally flew down to FL and snuck in LS and stole the big green box.

Christa :littleangel:

Hey Avonlady and posse--

Why don't you check with your next swapper after SkierPete on my swap. I heard he is making arrangements to giving the fridge to them. He is being the bigger person here. Nobody stole your fridge. We were given the incorrect one just like you were. Of course you had no problems using that incorrect fridge until that one got lost. Then all of sudden it was a major issue.

You are getting your fridge back. So just shut it. Maybe just maybe if you were a bit nicer about the whole situation you would have gotten your fridge back alot sooner.

Good Luck. I hope you have a long lasting swap that continues for years and years and years. :laughing:

Love Always,

Former Swap Leader AKA liar, hack and theif (yes, because I personally flew down to FL and snuck in LS and stole the big green box.

Posse... that would be me :rotfl:
LMAO .. and you told me to let it go :laughing:
We all thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!and I really mean that!

Are you really fighting over an old probably dirty and infected with germs fridge? :rotfl2: Come on people hire a fridge from Disney.
If then dollars a day is not on your budget how will you pay if any panic situation occurs?

:rotfl2:

And that 'hired fridge' isn't germ infested... hehehe!!

Panic situation??:confused3

If you cant afford ten dollars for a fridge a day how do you pay for an emergency like a car problem or a visit at a doctor or hospital?

For an emergency visit at a hospital in Orlando we had to pay over a thousand dollar and pay in advance or we had to leave without even seeing a doctor.

And yes who on earth would put his food in a fridge that is used by strangers? Mousekeeping cleans the fridge.
Come on you would never know if somebody would keep his used condoms in the fridge you provide.
Personnel I hope Disney throws out all the swaps of any kind If you cant afford to hire any device stay at home or hire a cheap room off side.

Hey Avonlady and posse--

I've been avoiding posting...because this thread has gotten absolutely ridiculous. But yes, I am working with Pennymom, who is a swapper from the other group, and we will get you your fridge back. I did this for a number of reasons, but not because of anything Avonlady has said, but in SPITE of it. I only contacted Pennymom because she had the gall to dare to write something reasonable, rational, and relevant - unlike many here.

The abject nastiness of some of the posts here is terrible. It's amazing how the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. Christa has taken abuse that is wholly undeserved. She cannot control what her swappers do! In fact, she did the only thing she CAN do to really fix this mess, and that is end her swap.

What Pennymom and I are planning is between us...and I won't communicate it here, but suffice it to say that after her the "un-POP-ular" swap *should* have it's fridge back. (I can't control whether it is actually there or not when I get there.)

So, Please, can we all just agree to:
STOP POSTING ON THIS THREAD AND LET IT BE!

I personally will never post another message on this thread. And will never participate in another fridge swap either.

Thank you Christa for all your efforts, I am sorry it had to end this way. If I am able to get your original fridge back, I will shoot it full of holes and push it into hourglass lake, where it will be a fitting warning to all those future participants that consider participating in a fridge swap. (I kid - I don't own a gun!)

SkierPete

I personally will never post another message on this thread. And will never participate in another fridge swap either.

Thank you Christa for all your efforts, I am sorry it had to end this way. If I am able to get your original fridge back, I will shoot it full of holes and push it into hourglass lake, where it will be a fitting warning to all those future participants that consider participating in a fridge swap. (I kid - I don't own a gun!)

SkierPete
Why should the DIS close this kinds of threads?
They stopped it BECAUSE OF THIS KIND OF PROBLEMS.

Again if you are not able to afford a fridge for a lousy ten dollars a day stay off side and get a room with a fridge.

Wow. Fascinating reading. :)

As an occasional Budget Board lurker, I have to say, there's something sort of appealing, in a :laughing: kind of way, about a thread title ordering (what, no "please?" :laughing:) a mod to close it. (Reading backwards to find where things went wrong, it looks like it was a week ago when the demand began? It's still open. ::yes:: )

Without knowing any of the posters on the thread, and therefore not picking a friend's side...I can't imagine anyone thinking that Avonlady is doing anything wrong about wanting her swap's fridge back, no matter how it came into the other groups possession. :confused3 It seems pretty straightforward. Seems she's being pretty reasonable about how to go about it too.

It DOES matter which fridge is which and who has it, even if they ARE all the same (are they?)...what if one dies and that group needs to replace it? I'm guessing Team Christa would be demanding "theirs" back if the one they "acquired" from Avonlady's swap group were to suddenly bite the dust.

Anyway...thanks for the entertainment du jour. :) Good luck Avonlady, to you and your swappers.

If you cant afford ten dollars for a fridge a day how do you pay for an emergency like a car problem or a visit at a doctor or hospital?

For an emergency visit at a hospital in Orlando we had to pay over a thousand dollar and pay in advance or we had to leave without even seeing a doctor.

And yes who on earth would put his food in a fridge that is used by strangers? Mousekeeping cleans the fridge.
Come on you would never know if somebody would keep his used condoms in the fridge you provide.
Personnel I hope Disney throws out all the swaps of any kind If you cant afford to hire any device stay at home or hire a cheap room off side.

:yay:
Now I understand Disneyadore what you meant about panic situation - We had that last time with my daughter catching a cold on our vacation - ended up at the ER with her - spending $500.00 as they wouldn't bill our insurance, I had to do it when we returned...

As for the fridges, you could be right - but maybe Mousekeeping don't clean them either ... It's just a chance you take! :)

Well said Pete - Best of luck and have a wonderful Vacation!!!
:thumbsup2
I've been avoiding posting...because this thread has gotten absolutely ridiculous. But yes, I am working with Pennymom, who is a swapper from the other group, and we will get you your fridge back. I did this for a number of reasons, but not because of anything Avonlady has said, but in SPITE of it. I only contacted Pennymom because she had the gall to dare to write something reasonable, rational, and relevant - unlike many here.

The abject nastiness of some of the posts here is terrible. It's amazing how the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. Christa has taken abuse that is wholly undeserved. She cannot control what her swappers do! In fact, she did the only thing she CAN do to really fix this mess, and that is end her swap.

What Pennymom and I are planning is between us...and I won't communicate it here, but suffice it to say that after her the "un-POP-ular" swap *should* have it's fridge back. (I can't control whether it is actually there or not when I get there.)

SkierPete

What you do not know MaryAnn is that I asked the Mod to shut this thread down in a PM. I have not heard back from her. I am not demanding it.

And actually I wouldn't be demanding it back because if the fridge dies it dies end of story the swap is over just like it had stated in the original rules which I have since deleted because I am no longer running it.

I am, as you are DVC owner and do not need a fridge any longer and I haven't since 9/08 when I last visited the POP. I was keeping it going to help other out. Obviously that blew up in my face.

Whatever it is over and done with and I can enjoy my trip in Jan.

Good Ridance Fridge Swap.

As an occasional Budget Board lurker, I have to say, there's something sort of appealing, in a :laughing: kind of way, about a thread title ordering (what, no "please?" :laughing:) a mod to close it. (Reading backwards to find where things went wrong, it looks like it was a week ago when the demand began? It's still open. ::yes:: )

Without knowing any of the posters on the thread, and therefore not picking a friend's side...I can't imagine anyone thinking that Avonlady is doing anything wrong about wanting her swap's fridge back, no matter how it came into the other groups possession. :confused3 It seems pretty straightforward. Seems she's being pretty reasonable about how to go about it too.

It DOES matter which fridge is which and who has it, even if they ARE all the same (are they?)...what if one dies and that group needs to replace it? I'm guessing Team Christa would be demanding "theirs" back if the one they "acquired" from Avonlady's swap group were to suddenly bite the dust.

Anyway...thanks for the entertainment du jour. :) Good luck Avonlady, to you and your swappers.

ITA...I only opened this because of the demand to close, and I am just astounded that anyone on this swap thinks what they are doing is right! :eek:

With the amount of threads on this board asking if this or that is ethical, yet people think that keeping something that does not belong to them is OK?

I don't care if you "planned" to use a fridge - it is not yours to use!!! Anyone with morals would immediately get this item back to its rightful owners - not use it and pass it off only when done...and if you think this refers to you, darn tootin' it does ;)

*team avonlady*

What you do not know MaryAnn is that I asked the Mod to shut this thread down in a PM. I have not heard back from her. I am not demanding it.

And actually I wouldn't be demanding it back because if the fridge dies it dies end of story the swap is over just like it had stated in the original rules which I have since deleted because I am no longer running it.

I am, as you are DVC owner and do not need a fridge any longer and I haven't since 9/08 when I last visited the POP. I was keeping it going to help other out. Obviously that blew up in my face.

Whatever it is over and done with and I can enjoy my trip in Jan.

Good Ridance Fridge Swap.
Whether or not you sent a PM is irrelevant. The public perception is that you're demanding it (hence making it an appealing topic to take a peak at :)) based on a thread title "Swap-Mod--Close this thread". And honestly, whether or not it appears you're ordering mods around is between you and them; the only reason I really pointed it out is that you and yours seem to be doing quite a bit of dictating in general, including to stay off YOUR thread.

Doesn't seem over and done with if the other group doesn't have their fridge, but yes, I see that you no longer need it, so I guess that means its over and done with because it's over and done with for you.
ITA...I only opened this because of the demand to close, and I am just astounded that anyone on this swap thinks what they are doing is right! :eek:

With the amount of threads on this board asking if this or that is ethical, yet people think that keeping something that does not belong to them is OK?

I don't care if you "planned" to use a fridge - it is not yours to use!!! Anyone with morals would immediately get this item back to its rightful owners - not use it and pass it off only when done...and if you think this refers to you, darn tootin' it does ;)

*team avonlady*
Seems simple. :confused3

Also "Team Avonlady". :teeth:

:yay:
Now I understand Disneyadore what you meant about panic situation - We had that last time with my daughter catching a cold on our vacation - ended up at the ER with her - spending $500.00 as they wouldn't bill our insurance, I had to do it when we returned...

As for the fridges, you could be right - but maybe Mousekeeping don't clean them either ... It's just a chance you take! :)

I had to XR my knee, look at my blood and needed bandages and pain medicine. It was over a thousand dollar in just a few seconds.
And yes I saw Mousekeeping clean my fridge at the GF with a kind of germ spray.

At this moment with the Swine flu germs going around you just take a fridge that god knows what pig used it and hope its okay for a lousy ten dollars a day??

I think the mods and the Disney staff are laughing there a... of because this is what you get when you try to scam Disney.

I had to XR my knee, look at my blood and needed bandages and pain medicine. It was over a thousand dollar in just a few seconds.
And yes I saw Mousekeeping clean my fridge at the GF with a kind of germ spray.

At this moment with the Swine flu germs going around you just take a fridge that god knows what pig used it and hope its okay for a lousy ten dollars a day??

Exactly --- I'm bringing a small can of Lysol with me and also some chlorox wipes for the fridge we are getting at the POR.. I also have some bed bug spray too! I'm usually not that 'anal' about things, but lately, you just don't know.

Sorry to hear that you had those issues on vacation - hope you are well now.

Exactly --- I'm bringing a small can of Lysol with me and also some chlorox wipes for the fridge we are getting at the POR.. I also have some bed bug spray too! I'm usually not that 'anal' about things, but lately, you just don't know.

Sorry to hear that you had those issues on vacation - hope you are well now.

Thank you. The "knee issue''was a minor problem. I'm dealing with cancer and believe me a fridge or any amount of money is just a trivial issue in the big scheme.

georgette and christa you should be ASHAMED!!! You keep saying it's over it's done drop it... because YOU have the fridge.

A fridge clearly ID'd as not yours.

So... you have a 94 mustang with 20,000 miles on it.. never saw salt.. top of the line with your name embroidered on the matts. Someone else parks their 94 mustang, 100,000 miles on it, rusty in spots and a strange smell coming from the upholstry. The valet guy accidentally takes YOUR car and gives it to the other person.

But heck. It's still a mustang. Same year. YOU GOT A CAR!! so drop it!!!

Seriously?? SERIOUSLY!??!?!?!?!??!?

And in the process you they lost the motorcycle your mustang was trailing (coffee maker).

You people are awful for thinking this is ok and for whining "but *I* want a friiiidge on my triiiiip"

Well I want a ride in your mustang that my friend took. Maybe I'll drive it through a nice salty snow stormy road while I have it. What does it matter? I have it now.. you already HAVE another mustang. What's the difference!?

Yeah 2 fridges but not necessarily the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter