Telling our kids this morning

I dont know what it looks like out your window but outside mine... well this is one reason I want to be in Florida... sigh... I love the snow but come on enough already!

All flights around here are grounded for now and I dont know when they will be taking off again, and I am in NY not to far from you. I would call, there has to be something they can do for you and your trip! Stuff like this happens especially this time of year there has to be things to be done.

So far our flight for the morning is still listed as on time. I know that will change, but we're hoping for the best. I spoke with WDW travel and they said that we'd be OK with both ME and our reservations whatever happens. I'd be sorry to lose our dinner ADR for tomorrow night at 1900 PF though. My husband is a pretty savvy traveller having done tons of business travel and he worked in the travel industry many years ago. So I'm relying on him for our decisions. Right now, we plan to keep checking the website for changes and proceed as if our take off will be on time. Normally I love snow, but not now! As of right now, the snow is supposed to stop at 1am and our flight is supposed to leave at 7am, so fingers crossed!

Love your video. We told our kids Christmas morning as well. I have to figure out how to post the video. It was sooooo much fun. We leave in 7 days!!

I love watching the reactions on you tube. In one video the mom told the kids when they were at a rest stop in kentucky, and the kids did not want to go to disney. The mom said are you kidding me.

Here's hoping you get out ok! Would love to surprise the kids the way you did, but I don't think I could hold the surpise "in" long enought! Have a great time!:goodvibes

It's 4:19 am and so far our flight is listed as "on time." It has stopped snowing here and it doesn't look as bad as we anticipated, but the winds are terrible. I think that would delay the flight more than anything. But since our flight is still listed, we are going. I'll let you all know when we get there.

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

I'm hoping we hear from OP soon. The winds have been terrible today, as she noted. Sure hope they got there and aren't sitting in an airport.

We are here!! Thanks for all of your good wishes. We didn't get out on our original flight and were at the airport from 5am until 2pm when we finally took off. We were put on standby for the 10:15 flight which didn't take off until 2pm, but at least we got out. The airport was mobbed with people whose flights were cancelled from the day before and because of that, we were unable to check in on time for our original flight. That flight was delayed for an hour and a half, so we still would have made it in plenty of time, but they wouldn't let us. We stood in line for four hours and at one point thought it was all over and we would have to cancel the trip right there. It was awful and the kids were crying. Then we finally got up to the check-in desk where someone could actually help us and she put us on stand-by. Anyway, we made it in time for our dinner reservations at 1900 PF and all is right with the world. I will try to do a trip report when we return.

23.gif

i've been reading along with others on your thread.
thrilled you made it to the motherland!

Great video! So glad to hear you made it. Have a great time! I will be there on Feb 6th. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter