Telling our kids this morning

Here is video of us telling our kids that we are going to Disney. We told them this morning (Christmas) with a hangman game. It was so cool and I got all verklempt. I am definitely overtired! Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvSMOa4V4BA

....I teared up watching your video:goodvibes.

cute! ya need to keep this video.

A trip report perhaps???

if so, I's subbing':yay:

T.T.F.N.

Loved seeing the video of your children's reaction and wishin ......

That is super fun!
(We told our DD with a calendar, luggage tags and ticket this morning. She totally didn't get it.)

after all my planning to get it right, the kids were not sure what our surprise was either. When the oldest (7) did figure it out her reaction was ho hum cause she still doesn't understand just how great this trip is going to be and where we are going. She asked if there were any rides there? After showing her videos, maps and talking about things we're going to do, she now is more excited about going. I think that was part of it ... we aren't leaving for another 18 days so it is hard for them to get excited. I wish now I wouldn't have tied it into Christmas.

Oh well, at least I can talk about it now and not feel so sneaky. Trying to figure out how to post our video on you tube. :confused3

We surprised our kids this morning using a treasure hunt. They were definitely happy and excited, but nothing like your DD, OP. I loved this.:cool1:

Thanks for all of the great comments! Now we need some pixie dust. We're in southeastern PA and are on a winter storm warning with 10-14 inches expected between today and tomorrow morning. Our flight is scheduled to leave (Monday) morning. Not sure what this will do to us. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Hope you have a great trip and Mother Nature isn't too hard on all of you in the eastern part of the state.

I definately laughed and shed a tear with your kids' excitement! Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes

Hope you make it out of Pa. So far it doesnt look good:sad2: Espicially if you're flying out of Philly. Hope it all worksout.:worship:

What a great video! Definitely a great way to tell your kids!

And I understand about the worry about getting out tomorrow. We were in the same position for our last trip, worrying about not only snow but the plane even getting into our airport (BWI) from Buffalo. We ended up going to the airport prepared to drive down to Florida if necessary but luckily we were able to fly out on time. I still don't know though if all the worry about snow was worth going in mid-December but our trip was fantastic!

What a great video! Definitely a great way to tell your kids!

And I understand about the worry about getting out tomorrow. We were in the same position for our last trip, worrying about not only snow but the plane even getting into our airport (BWI) from Buffalo. We ended up going to the airport prepared to drive down to Florida if necessary but luckily we were able to fly out on time. I still don't know though if all the worry about snow was worth going in mid-December but our trip was fantastic!

OP, you might want to try calling Disney and your airline TODAY and seeing if you can reschedule for Tuesday or Wednesday. You could save yourself a long wait at the airport tomorrow, with the possibility of losing your flight anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter