Tag Book Swap *Spoiler Thread*

breaking the rules for bouncey lines should be okay!!! ;) I like when I have seen the rules broken for that... it'd be different if it were icky but those are just adorable!!!! :)

Holy cow! That is super cute! I wish I could get mine back now. :rolleyes1

I just want everyone to know that I was finishing mine as I heard about my dad and my mind wasn't very clever for that whole time. I apologize ahead of time...:guilty:

Hey!! I'm not in this swap... but all of us think FAMILY comes first!!! And I bet they are Micksterish and fantabulous!!! :)

don't you dare apologize, your Dad is way more important then a bunch of tags. :hug:

:banana: YOU tell her Sis!! Why is she apologizing.. family first, swap second! :)

Thanks. He's doing pretty well. I talked to him yesterday. Everyone (meaning the doctors...) is encouraged. :)

That is great to hear he is doing well!!! :flower3: We'll continue our prayers and pixie dust from here!!!

Everyone: these tags are awesome!!! ;)

Bump so that those of us in the current swap can see some examples.

The Cricut Expression is the larger of the two Cricut machines. It cuts up to 12"x24". It takes all of the same cartridges as the baby bug.

Several ladies on here have them so you could probably post on the Scrapbooking board if you have questions.

Hi everyone! Great tags, so creative. I have a question. I can see how to do the main tag and that part, but what are y'all using to do the accordian part of the tag for the journaling?? I don't think I have that on one of my carts, but you never know. I'm constantly finding new stuff on there!

Oh, and voluntold, that is a perfect word. My stepmother voluntolds me all the time. (and I'm 35. How does this keep happening?? :rotfl: )

Hi everyone! Great tags, so creative. I have a question. I can see how to do the main tag and that part, but what are y'all using to do the accordian part of the tag for the journaling?? I don't think I have that on one of my carts, but you never know. I'm constantly finding new stuff on there!

Oh, and voluntold, that is a perfect word. My stepmother voluntolds me all the time. (and I'm 35. How does this keep happening?? :rotfl: )

I just cut the paper the size I needed and then used my corner rounder to round the corners.

OMG - I am having Tag Performance Anxiety...

Jeepers those are all soooooo awesome (wicked awesome).

don't worry about it! You'll be fine. Just ask questions if you get stuck.

OK - first question here...
smiley_mornincoffee.gif
bear with me I'm still not awake

It looks like there are "middles" to the tags - an accordion type fold out - so the front of the tag and the back of the tag are like book covers?

So I wouldn't be cutting out one piece of cardstock and embellishing the front AND the back of this one piece, but rather two pieces of cardstock.

Am I making any sense? I think I need more caffiene
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif

1 tag, decorate front and back. there will be 2 tags per set.

The white part of my accordions (or the flip and fold) are scored and folded and the bottom is adhered the the tag. The top of the accordion is either cut from the same paper as the tag or a coordinating color.

layers:
1 tag
2 accordion
3 cover from accordion
DSC_0002-8.jpg

flip and fold layers:
1 tag (same tag as the one above, just the other side)
2 flip
3 cover
DSC_0012-2.jpg

open view
DSC_0013-2.jpg

Think of the tag as your base. You put the other pieces on your base.

With the "accordian",it is a piece of paper. Folded two or three times depending upon the beginning length. Most fold two times giving you three surfaces. So you a big Z. put the bottom to the tag. Glue another piece of cardstock to the top of the Z. accordian.

Does that help?

Ok so - 2 tags make 1 right? with the z in the middle...embellish both.

Now they can be z folds or flips right?

I know I am dense - no wait - a dork:goodvibes

I got my george font cart today!!!!and the mickey font cart shhhh...

You don't need the second tag. You can just use a rectangular piece of cardstock for the top of the accordian.

The flip top flaps are easier to make. I like those better myself. Let me take some photos of mine to show you. My are obviously not part of the tag.

Here is the front
100_1820.jpg

Think of the patterned tag as your base

Here is the back
100_1821.jpg

As you can see, it is folded over.

100_1822.jpg

Here is the inside of the flip fold flap.

Just one tag to make this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter