Tag Book Swap *Spoiler Thread*

Dreamer & Wisher

DIS Veteran
I wanted to post some photos of my Tags so far to make sure I am going about this the right.

Here are my Peter Pan Tags
Front
IMG_5148.jpg

Back
IMG_5149.jpg

Piglet Do you like the Classic Piglet stickers? I really loved them.
Front
IMG_5143.jpg

Back
IMG_5145.jpg

I really like these so far, but these Goofy Tags I am not sure. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I don't have an extra tag so I don't have as much room to play around. What do you think of the ribbons?
Goofy Front
IMG_5146.jpg

Goofy Back
IMG_5147.jpg

What do you think of the green cardstock? Would you like Orange Cardstock added? Would you like to see chalks or more stickers? Is there anywhere to find a funny Goofy quote?

I don't want anyone to be disappointed with my tags. I also would love to see anyone else's tags.

Holy cow! They are super cute!! Thanks so much for sharing them. Simple, elegant. Perfect! I'll show you mine :-)eek: :rotfl: ) a bit later. I'm downstairs and my stuff is upstairs.

Also, I think I'd use orange for Goofy. I don't know why. I love the ribbons. The orange would match the ribbons. Just my opinion though.

ETA: Could you use GAWRSH for Goofy's tag? Is that even how it is spelled??

I think the chalks give it a finished and softer look. For the Goofy tag, some chalk would be good. "GAWRSH!" is the quote that the Mickey'n'Friends Cart gives him.

I understand the orange because his vest is orange. His pants are green and so is his hat. I was trying to pull the colors from his sticker.

Should I use orange chalk or green chalk? I am glad you like the ribbon. I found it in the Halloween section at Archivers. In the photo the green photo mat on the back of the tag isn't stuck down.

I can add GAWRSH with some more of the same stickers I used for his name.

Also, Peter Pan will come with some "bonus" stickers You can add to your own tags. The stickers sets came with some stickers of him but he only fit vertically on the tag. So if you want to use him you can.

Very cute!!! I'm not in this swap.. but couldn't resist coming in to see what inspiration could be found..and boy did I find some!!! :)

PPPUUHHHHLLLEEEZZZEEEE tell me I am in your Peter Pan group?!?!??!

Those are very cool. And I agree Gawrsh for Goofy would be perfect. As for chalk I'm not sure, maybe orange.

These are adorable - I want Piglet!

ok i don't even know what a tag book is.......but i love those tags!!!!!!

peter pan.....loooooovvvveee it!

piglet......double looooovvvveee it!

goofy.......looooooovvveee it!

ok now that i've said all that, what the heck is a tag book and how did i miss that? i just love the whole tag thing! i love the ones we used this year for autographs. everyone commented on them and the clipboard. i told them that i could not take credit for it, i got it from my friends on the dis!
someone please explain the tag book to me......PLEASE!!!!

PO3...the tag book is just that a book made out of only tags...
In this swap Faerie had each swapper make 2 tags..
Now, in the zoo tag book swap I had each swapper make a tag.. decorated the front w/ the animal of choice.. than on the back we all made either a journal box, a flip journal box, an accordian journal box, a envelope w/ accordian like folded box... all the various journal box areas on the back could be used to add extra photos or just do special journalling.. check out the Zoo return thread... group I is three section of the tag book.. I photographed the front and then the backs of each tag... clear as mud? I'm going to make some more this winter for special occassions... Holiday traditions for each of my kids... especially for Christmas... We have some things we do every year... I want to work on a Halloween one this year... since I only have one that trick/treats and the others hold the fort down at home! :)

Good Morning~!

Thank you to everyone who complimented my tags and and offered suggestions. :grouphug:

Here are some photos of the finished products.
I am sending the stickers and a brad. I am learning about all these new techniques like brads and chalks. I didn't put the brad on because then you could see the back of it on the front of the tag. Of course you can hide it with one of the stickers and I thought perhaps you would like to be able to arrange everything yourself. I hope I am making sense here :lmao:

I added chalk to the Peter Pan
Peter Pan Front.
IMG_5151.jpg

Peter Pan Back
IMG_5152.jpg

I also added some chalk to Piglet
Front
IMG_5148-1.jpg

Back
IMG_5150.jpg

And finally Goofy. I couldn't find a good color of chalks. I do have a green but I am not certain I like the effect. It is very bright!
Here they are so far.
Front
IMG_5146-1.jpg

Back
IMG_5147-1.jpg

What do you use to hold all the tags together? I am going to embellish a Metal Lunchbox to keep my book in!

I've seen really big O key rings, carabiner clips, ribbon and the chain like from dog tags.

I really like the effect you got with chalks. They look great.

PO3...the tag book is just that a book made out of only tags...
In this swap Faerie had each swapper make 2 tags..
Now, in the zoo tag book swap I had each swapper make a tag.. decorated the front w/ the animal of choice.. than on the back we all made either a journal box, a flip journal box, an accordian journal box, a envelope w/ accordian like folded box... all the various journal box areas on the back could be used to add extra photos or just do special journalling.. check out the Zoo return thread... group I is three section of the tag book.. I photographed the front and then the backs of each tag... clear as mud? I'm going to make some more this winter for special occassions... Holiday traditions for each of my kids... especially for Christmas... We have some things we do every year... I want to work on a Halloween one this year... since I only have one that trick/treats and the others hold the fort down at home! :)

I would love to do a holiday's throughout the year and a christmas one!!! We need to plan that for next year. DH asked last night if the expression was on my Xmas list, yes sir!!! Right on top with the princess carts following in a close second.

I love what you've done so far. I'm a newbie when it comes to chalks. Am trying to figure out how to do brass stencil dry embossing...I have cindy, pooh, mickey but haven't figured out how to embellish or chalk the images after I've embossed them - they somehow don't look right. Anyone got any tips on what to do with dry embossed images? If I can't get it right I may have to use stencilling paste but it's so messy...ugh....

Q-tips. Lots of Q-tips. I use them with the dry chalk & wet chalk/inks on my dry embossed items.

I finished my cindy tags yesterday - they took a long time! I'll try and post photos later..but I basically brass stencilled/embossed cindy, chalked and then painted with iridescent paint. Then I punched a castle, chalked edges and painted again with the iridescent paint. Attached a small piece of ribbon. Chalked edges of tag. I don't think the photo looks great but they look good when looking at them in person.
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7650.jpg Then on the other side I embossed another image of cindy and painted it and attached some jeweled flowers and made a small flap to open so you can journal inside since it would be hard to journal on top of the embossed image. Chalked edges.
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7655.jpg
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7653.jpg
The second tag was alot simpler - I printed on to vellum and attached with brads, added some fiber. On the other side I embossed a dress and attached by another jeweled brad so that you can "open" or lift the dress out of the way to journal beneath it or behind it. (oh dear that sounds bad to be journalling under Cindy's dress!) Added a small sticker to the corner.
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7653.jpg
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7647.jpg
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x173/happypooh_01/?action=view&current=DSCF7649.jpg Hope you like them. Still may add some chalk to this tag and do alittle more...want to work on Nemo now while I'm in a fishy mood. Just keep swimming....

Happy Pooh those are really pretty. I love that little blue dress. The embossing is beautiful.

I didn't sign up for the princess group:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter