Survivor 36: Ghost Island

Jacob had to give away the Legacy advantage to empower it but do you think he could have kept it if he wanted to? If he took it back to camp, maybe he could have bargained it in some way that kept him in the game even though it could never actually be used at tribal council. He could have shown it to someone and said, I can't use it this vote (because of the 13 and 6 rule) but I'll give it to you tomorrow if I survive tonight's tribal council.

I thought it was a great first episode!

I don't care much for Donathon. Speaking for myself as a Southerner, the whole "aw shucks y'all, I ain't never been outta Bumpkin County in mah whole life" shtick does not endear him to me at all. I would have much rather had Gonzales in the game. At least she was playing. Donathan is playing up this weak, deer in the headlights role hoping someone is going to step in and be his protector. It looks like Jeff Probst is taking the bait.

I can't stand Donathon- just his name alone is irritating but I can't understand a word he is saying- sounds like he is speaking a foreign language along with rocks in his mouth!

Donathon annoys the crap out of me, too. The whole challenge thing didn't make sense--don't they strategize and pick who does what part of the challenge? Wouldn't THAT have been the time to say "I can't dive" (or I'm better at puzzles, balancing's not my thing, or whatever)? But there he is, one of two people on THAT section of THAT challenge, and he's clinging to the dock like it's his first swimming lesson? And then when he finally gets off the dock, he dives down like a pro--it just irritated me. Clearly, he had more skills than he was letting on. Add in his whole "Shucky darn, I'm from Kentucky" schtick, and I'd vote him out on principle.

That said, I wasn't sorry to see who got voted out both times. I thought the whispering at tribal was pretty mean--I was glad to see that it didn't change the outcome.

I liked Donathon. Well, everything but his name.

He didn't get much airtime, but I am intrigued by Wendell, the furniture designer.

Glad Gonzalaz is gone...really liked Jacob, though. Not the brightest bulb, and sucky game-play, but I thought he was entertaining..

I feel like this is a really young group - I think there's only a few that are in their upper 30's, low 40's...I was only able to watch the first hour on Wednesday - hoping to watch the second hour tonight!

Donathan admitted he was good at swimming and yet didn't help till last second. That irritated me to no end! Plus, I live in the South and noone I know sounds like him. I keep expecting there to be a twist and he's faking that stupid thick "gee, golly" accent. I would actually enjoy that!
Now, I'll admit, I don't dislike him, but I couldn't get over how much I could picture Kate McKinnon impersonating him on SNL and doing it complete justice! :joker:

Couldn't stand the Gonzales chick, was happy she got the boot.

Jacob reminded me of a Seth Rogan wannabe but I didn't have a problem with him. Didn't care if he left either.

I have no favorites really yet. Still too soon for me.

Just caught up and read all the bios as well. Is anyone else going o_O at this in Desiree's???

"If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
A picture of a skeleton in a grave to constantly remind me that things could be worse,"

LOL

Poor Jacob he put his trust in someone who stabbed him in the back. I was thinking she wouldn't put his name down as they had the votes to get rid of him. She is really heartless but I think she will go far in the game.

Bear with me as I still don't know most of their names. Good game move from the annoying guy who found the idol. Making the fake idol and using the original paper was genius. However, I don't think the other guy he told even believed it.

I'm always amazed when people can't swim, make fire, don't bulk up and try to get some sun so they don't burn before they go on Survivor.

Can't believe that they are merging (?) changing tribes already. It's only been 2 episodes.

Good game move from the annoying guy who found the idol. Making the fake idol and using the original paper was genius. However, I don't think the other guy he told even believed it.

What he should have done is to put his fake idol (with the real paper) back in the spot he found the real idol. Then he could either wait for someone to find it or he could "look" for it with someone else and then he could "find" it. Looks way more legit that way!

Poor Jacob he put his trust in someone who stabbed him in the back. I was thinking she wouldn't put his name down as they had the votes to get rid of him. She is really heartless but I think she will go far in the game.

She didn't stab him in the back, she never had any intention of working with him in the first place.

I’m not buying what Donathan’s selling. (Although I was happy to see Alpha Female Mean Girl Gonzalez go home first.) His name alone annoys me, but his whole Gomer Pyle Mini
Me routine is just too much. His refusal to even TRY to dive into the water infuriated me. He’s no hero for finally getting off his rear and doing what he should’ve been doing all along. I think he’s working the “help this little ole sheltered Southern gay boy have a chance to be exposed to the big ole diverse outside world” to stay in a game by making the other players feel some sort of responsibility/duty, when normally they’d have been shed of him since Day One.

I agree. I also do not care for Chris or Sea Bass.

So, they have removed the old people. I wonder if the less attractive, weak people will be sifted out in the future seasons. Only attractive, young, buff people will be on survivor in the future. Not complaining, just an observation.

Donathan admitted he was good at swimming and yet didn't help till last second. That irritated me to no end! Plus, I live in the South and noone I know sounds like him. I keep expecting there to be a twist and he's faking that stupid thick "gee, golly" accent. I would actually enjoy that!
Now, I'll admit, I don't dislike him, but I couldn't get over how much I could picture Kate McKinnon impersonating him on SNL and doing it complete justice! :joker:

Couldn't stand the Gonzales chick, was happy she got the boot.

Jacob reminded me of a Seth Rogan wannabe but I didn't have a problem with him. Didn't care if he left either.

I have no favorites really yet. Still too soon for me.
I knew it. I saw him dive into the water and I said right away, "he knew how to dive pretty darn good,"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter