SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

I don't believe it was rigged, at all. They have to plan out challenges and idols and all, weeks in advance.

I think what annoyed me most was that Ryan got a pass through to the final vote. I recognize that, if people want to sit next to you in the finals, you're probably the goat, but it still bugs me. He didn't gather firewood, didn't build shelter, didn't fish, couldn't make fire, couldn't win challenges--yet, he got to sit there, going through. I would have liked to see the three of them make fire, with the winning two moving on.

The poster I think is implying that producers pulled Devon aside and said, "Hey you're probably not going to win anyway so we'll throw you some extra cash if you let Ben win."

No, no, no. The producers obviously harnessed the power to create fire and told Ben how to do it.

I don't believe it was rigged, at all. They have to plan out challenges and idols and all, weeks in advance.

I think what annoyed me most was that Ryan got a pass through to the final vote. I recognize that, if people want to sit next to you in the finals, you're probably the goat, but it still bugs me. He didn't gather firewood, didn't build shelter, didn't fish, couldn't make fire, couldn't win challenges--yet, he got to sit there, going through. I would have liked to see the three of them make fire, with the winning two moving on.
That's exactly what I told DH I would've like to have had happen. Let Chrissy through, since she won immunity. Then have the other three make fire, and the first two to succeed get to be in the final. The last is out. You know Ryan wouldn't have made it. He couldn't make fire with jet fuel and a box of matches.

Neither could Becky or Sundra. :rotfl:

World's longest tiebreaker

THAT was embarrassing! I truly don't get it--I would be the world's worst Survivor candidate, and would probably vote myself off after the first trek to the campsite. But even I know, if you apply for Survivor, the first thing you do is go home and practice making fire with flint. I would probably also read up on indigenous edible plants, but I'm weird like that.

He couldn't make fire with jet fuel and a box of matches.

Remember the season there was a tie at the end and the challenge was making fire? The 2 spent almost 2 hours, Jeff finally gave them matches and they still couldn't start a fire! :rotfl2:

That's my point. Some people crack under the pressure, Devon cracked. My response was to the person who thought it was rigged because Devon was able to make fire on a beach vs. the jury setting with all the pressure of the world on their shoulders.

Yes this, when Ben's pile started smoking and he finally got fire going, Devon quit trying to build a fire and just started striking the flint as fast as he could and hoping. Not the ideal way to start a fire.

THAT was embarrassing! I truly don't get it--I would be the world's worst Survivor candidate, and would probably vote myself off after the first trek to the campsite. But even I know, if you apply for Survivor, the first thing you do is go home and practice making fire with flint. I would probably also read up on indigenous edible plants, but I'm weird like that.

I know, right? I thought it was odd that Ryan called himself a "super fan" and had studied up on the game so much, but had never been camping or prepared himself at all for the "survival" part of the game. I mean, once you knew you were going to be on the show, wouldn't you plan a camping trip right away to practice everything?

I am going to be one of the people that thinks that this "twist" was thrown in at the last minute because the producers realized the "american hero" was about to lose the game. I know that legally they cannot affect the outcome of the game, since it is classified as a game show. But they can certainly throw twists and turns in there to make it easier for certain people to advance if they can't advance in the game on their own. I have been having a feeling for years about this. All these hidden immunity idols that are found without clues??? Give me a break! It seems to be the same people find them again, and again. Those Islands are pretty big...and they just happen to be searching/digging in the exact spot. When Jeff announced the twist, that was when I knew the producers wanted Ben to win the game.

Don't get me wrong.. I wanted either Ben or Devon to win....couldn't stand Chrissy. I just rolled my eyes when the twist was revealed. It just cemented my feelings that this game is somewhat scripted.

Jeff Probst did an interview and he openly admitted that he was tired of seeing the strong person voted off by the final 3. That is why they threw in the twist.

Does anyone think Devon would of won, if he beat out Ben.

I think he would have had a chance, depending on how he sold himself to the jury. He kind of sounds like a surfer dude when he talks though so I'm not sure how impressed the jury would have been.

I'm not the only one who has raised eyebrows at the twists and "advantage" that Chrissy got. I"m not saying 100%, but there is some reasonable doubt that it was 100% fair. I like Ben and I'm glad he won, but it is suspect.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/li...en-driebergens-win-questioned-fans/972291001/

At the end of the day does it matter? Ben had no advantages once it got to the jury. Chrissy had just as much of a chance to win. If Chrissy needed to get out the strongest player at F4 in order to win, then she didn't deserve it.

Jeff Probst did an interview and he openly admitted that he was tired of seeing the strong person voted off by the final 3. That is why they threw in the twist.

Nope, I think Chrissy would have won

Just my 2 cents about the last "advantage" that Chrissy got.

The advantage was "knowledge." Jeff never said that what he was handing her was an advantage for her game, but knowing what was coming was an advantages. And it was. She was able to plan prior to the tribal that she would bring Ryan and Devon would make fire. She was able to share that information with Ryan and Devon so that Devon could prepare accordingly. The change made to that final tribal was not the advantage, knowing that it was coming was the advantage.

When she told Devon, I figured one of two things would happen... first, he could prepare all day and be ready to go and be great at the fire-making challenge. Second, he could psych himself out and totally choke. Which I think is exactly what happened. When Ben lost the final immunity, Devon figured he had a 100% chance of going to final three, then that dropped to 50%. He's going to start getting nervous.

Ben didn't have that. For him, he went from a 0% chance to a 50% chance. He went into tribal thinking he was going home. So when tribal came and he learned about what was going on, his chances jumped. Sure, he could lose and go home, but he was probably already ready for that and had mentally accepted it. There's no pressure. Win and get to stay - great - or lose and go home like he anticipated.

I am behind, I know. But I am thrilled with Ben winning! I do agree that it seemed he got lots of 2nd chances BUT then you have to take into account that he was the biggest threat for a reason. Ryan skated through to final 3 without doing 1 single thing! So I am okay with it. He deserved that spot. Ryan did not. I hate how they take the weakest with them. They need to implement some kind of rule at the end that final 3 can not be someone that did NOTHING.

And I have to ask, am I the only 1 that thinks Devon could be a model? He came out there with his new haircut and reminded me of a life-size Ken doll without plastic surgery. He's just so pretty to look at lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter