SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

Theoretically. Just like those idols were placed BEFORE Ben didn't win the reward challenges. :) Giving in to my conspiracy theorist side, they could have had multiple "twists" written up and ready to give to the winner and chose that one based on what happened in the challenge.

Could be.

I'm still waiting for the twist to be a return to "final 2". Honestly, I believe the reason they have 3 finalists is they WANT to have a tie.

Not much was covered in the reunion portion of the show. I think Jeff only even asked Chrissy one question and the rest of the focus was on Ben, his family, his military buddies, commercials, and promoting next season. They didn't even ask about the status of Cole and Jessica's "relationship" unless I missed that part. I was surprised.

Exactly. Why do they call it a reunion show? The whole cast is on the stage, and yet he only talked to a few of them. Most of them just sat there looking bored thru the whole thing.

One other thing, when they get to the final 3, and the big breakfast, they used to walk to tribal and encounter things from the rest of the tribe who got sent home. They used to pick up boards or whatever with their name, and put them in a bonfire or start a fire and burn them. Anyone know why they stopped doing that? I miss that part every season since they stopped :(

Could be.

I'm still waiting for the twist to be a return to "final 2". Honestly, I believe the reason they have 3 finalists is they WANT to have a tie.

Then decrease the jury to 7 or make it 9. And have a final 2. But I agree, Final 2 is significantly better. 3 is a crowd at final tribal.

Winner of final immunity advances, other 2 duke it in a fire making challenge to advance to Final 2.

Then decrease the jury to 7 or make it 9. And have a final 2. But I agree, Final 2 is significantly better. 3 is a crowd at final tribal.

Winner of final immunity advances, other 2 duke it in a fire making challenge to advance to Final 2.

The jury was historically 9 IIRC.

Coupe of fun possibilities:

1) 4th place finisher at final immunity is automatically eliminated. Final 3 vote 1 out.

2a) 4 go to the vote followed by an immediate re vote with no immunity.

2b) 4 go to final vote & are informed there will be 2 votes. Winner of final immunity is given the option of using immunity in the first vote, or saving it for round 2 (should they survive round 1).

The jury was historically 9 IIRC.

Coupe of fun possibilities:

1) 4th place finisher at final immunity is automatically eliminated. Final 3 vote 1 out.

2a) 4 go to the vote followed by an immediate re vote with no immunity.

2b) 4 go to final vote & are informed there will be 2 votes. Winner of final immunity is given the option of using immunity in the first vote, or saving it for round 2 (should they survive round 1).

The only reason I don't like option 1 is because at Final 3, you know the two weakest players will then target the strongest player. And I just hate seeing that. I'd prefer to have a final immunity challenge at 3. Make it an endurance challenge like they use to have in the first few seasons of Survivor.

Option 2a and 2b kind of do the same thing. The strongest player will almost certainly be targeted and evicted without him/her having a chance to earn their way in.

Exactly. Why do they call it a reunion show? The whole cast is on the stage, and yet he only talked to a few of them. Most of them just sat there looking bored thru the whole thing.

One other thing, when they get to the final 3, and the big breakfast, they used to walk to tribal and encounter things from the rest of the tribe who got sent home. They used to pick up boards or whatever with their name, and put them in a bonfire or start a fire and burn them. Anyone know why they stopped doing that? I miss that part every season since they stopped :(

I don’t know why they stopped doing that, but I never liked that part so I don’t miss it. They had to try and think of nice things to say about people they voted out.

Yea I liked that final walk too. And at the end of the walk, the final challenge took place. That was fun!!

Probst said in an interview that overall reaction to the "walk down memory lane" was pretty uninterested and so they cut that out.

Reunion shows used to be more fun when there was a lot more interaction with the cast.

Probst said there are no plans to ever go back to a final 2 because it was too frequently a boring choice at the end. But I agree with Paco? I think that said it - that the final 3 immunity winner goes and then instead of voting out the strong player, the other 2 make fire to see who makes it. That'd be fun to try.

It's not supposed to be a popularity contest. Yes, there is the social aspect of the game, but the goal isn't to convince everyone you're the most likable - it's to convince everyone you deserve to be in the final more than the other(s).

His social game not good and he didn't win many immunity challenges. He survived purely on finding idols. I'm glad he won but tbh I think Chrissy played the best game.

His social game not good and he didn't win many immunity challenges. He survived purely on finding idols. I'm glad he won but tbh I think Chrissy played the best game.

Immunity challenges aren't that important to juries. Ben finding idols is as valuable as Chrissy winning immunity challenges so that basically even out.

Ben's social game wasn't bad considering his issues. You have to take everything into account. Chrissy listened to people but as one of the jury members said, just because she can recite facts doesn't mean she's an awesome social player.

I miss that part too!

I've followed this forum, but this is my first time posting on it. I found it disturbing that Chrissy kept her hand on Ben's knee the whole time they where seated next to each other.
I'd image Ben was super nervous. I think it was probably just to help calm him down.

Reactions: rlk

I always found that part boring.

When they said there was a twist last night I was giddy with joy thinking it would be a final two. Really really wish they'd go back to a F2.

I was thinking the same thing! I was getting excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter