Storytellers Breakfast Advice

lindyv321

DIS Veteran
I have it booked on our departure day. Do you think doing breakfast is worth it for four adults? I looked at the menu and it doesn’t seem like there are very many options for that price point. Am I missing something??

Characters aren’t super important but Chip and Dale are my favorites so that is a plus!

I have it booked on our departure day. Do you think doing breakfast is worth it for four adults? I looked at the menu and it doesn’t seem like there are very many options for that price point. Am I missing something??

Characters aren’t super important but Chip and Dale are my favorites so that is a plus!
Hi.
I just came from a 8 day/7 night trip in August. The 9th through 16th at GCH. I dined at Storyteller's Cafe for breakfast and dinner. I enjoyed it. For the breakfast, I ordered an omelette, had plenty of bacon and sausage, muffins, breakfast potatoes, cheese and fruit. Plus orange juice and a Diet Coke. For me it was worth it, I like the atmosphere and Chip and Dale were great. Breakfast at Disneyland is about $20 for me with the drink and OJ. So paying $40 and a tip for Storytellers breakfast was worth it. Dinner there is absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
I've taken my son there twice (at 2 years old and 5). With the last visit earlier this year.

The food was good, but eggs are eggs. Bacon is bacon.

If I didn't have the kiddo who ADORES all the characters that come up to him, I wouldn't go. I'd just scarf the free hotel breakfast or go to a restaurant on Harbor Blvd.

There was no "to die for" item on the menu. You'd likely pass better food options on the way to the restaurant.

We always did a character breakfast on departure day when our kids were young, either at DL (Storytellers since we stayed in the GCH) or WDW (Chef Mickeys since we stayed at the BLT). Now that they are older, they would be mortified to do a character meal!! I would feel strange as an adult-only party doing a character meal, but maybe I just need to ”let it go”! We were given a free Storytellers breakfast a few years ago from the GCH due to a room mishap, and our DDs were around 13 or so, and it was a bit awkward for them at that age. But if all adults are into the characters, the buffet is decent and the characters were very enthusiastic!

I enjoyed Storyteller's Brunch, and would do it again (In fact, looking for an upcoming reservation spot). At that time, they had Brunch items, like biscuits and gravy/ crab cakes (appetizer size) you could order that they bring to your table. Breakfast food was still out, but they added a roast and salads.

I enjoyed the Breakfast menu, and was definitely my primary focus.

The mickey waffles, chilaquiles and banana french toast were the highlight.

I did not like Storyteller's Dinner. The food was bland and meats were dry, left out too long before changing.

We will be doing storytellers on our departure day with four adults on our October trip. We've enjoyed character meals over the years, but now that we aren't traveling with children, it isn't a must-do. On my last trip, my youngest daughter and I did Goofy's kitchen for dinner (she was 13) while my son and husband went to an Angels game. This next trip will be me, my sister, and our adult daughters. It seemed like a fun way to end our trip and I am sure we will all enjoy it.

We will be doing Storytellers brunch on our DCA day. We are three adults. This is my sons 21 birthday celebration and we have been taking him since he was 14 months old. We all love the character and the brunch will fit in our plans.
With chip, dale and Mickey and Minnie there it is perfect,

I enjoyed Storyteller's Brunch, and would do it again (In fact, looking for an upcoming reservation spot). At that time, they had Brunch items, like biscuits and gravy/ crab cakes (appetizer size) you could order that they bring to your table. Breakfast food was still out, but they added a roast and salads.

I enjoyed the Breakfast menu, and was definitely my primary focus.

The mickey waffles, chilaquiles and banana french toast were the highlight.

I did not like Storyteller's Dinner. The food was bland and meats were dry, left out too long before changing.

Not sure when you went to storytellers brunch but I was just there on Saturday . Only thing you can order for them to bring to you are: grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburger sliders, French fries (they come with the GC) and beignets.

No biscuits and gravy and no crab cakes.

The current menu online on DLR'S website is accurate.

Not sure when you went to storytellers brunch but I was just there on Saturday . Only thing you can order for them to bring to you are: grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburger sliders, French fries (they come with the GC) and beignets.

No biscuits and gravy and no crab cakes.

The current menu online on DLR'S website is accurate.

Their breakfast menu isn't 24 hours anymore? When did that change?

Meeko is part of the character rotation. That's a big plus for me.

I love Meeko. I think he's the best part of the movie. I carried a plush Meeko around for a summer. Do you know which meals his a part of? If there's a chance to see Meeko, that would be a huge reason for me to go on on my next trip (date of which TBD).

I love Meeko. I think he's the best part of the movie. I carried a plush Meeko around for a summer. Do you know which meals his a part of? If there's a chance to see Meeko, that would be a huge reason for me to go on on my next trip (date of which TBD).

I've definitely seen him during Breakfast hours. He also wanders around Critter Country from time to time, although he's on the rarer side for character sightings.

Their breakfast menu isn't 24 hours anymore? When did that change?

No idea. I asked what could be ordered and was only given those four choices... well three, she originally said no French fries but they came with the grilled cheese

It's always a must-do on departure day. The food is delicious. C&D are my favorite character meal characters.

Ditto that Meeko is not in rotation.

Personally I would go elsewhere for breakfast as the price does not really justify the food (especially now that there are no longer a La carte items) if you aren’t there for characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter