Still a question regarding dates of AP

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
i have tried to read thru most of the threads and I still have this question:

Since you must make a ressie with an Activated AP, let's say I make it at the 120 day mark of say Sep 1 for a Dec 1 ressie. In the old system, I could activate the AP at check in(Dec 1) and have usage of my AP until 12/1 the following year (12 months).

Under the new system, will my AP only be good until SEP 1 - so am I losing 3 months usage since I made my ressie at the 120 day mark?

Thanks and have a great day!

I am in the same boat as I make my ressies when a good rate comes out and then stop in Ocala to get my AP before heading on site. I could live with a voucher but not an activated AP. Wish they would just require you to show a pass when you check in. Seems simplier to me.

Slightly Goofy

From the info some of us are hearing, they will let you make a reseveration online with the new promotion using just the voucher. However, you can still make reservations by calling WDW reservations like you have always done and get the discounts like you have always done by phone.

This new online AP promotion is just basically for those who know that they are going atleast 120 days prior to there trip, and guarantees that if a discount comes out it will automatically be added to your reservation without having to call. You do need to give them a non-refundable deposit and any changes will result in a $50 fee.

Like I said, this is just a new promotion and isn't taking away the ability to call and get an AP rate added to your reservation.

I got a little worried when I read about the new program on Mousesavers, but now reading all the threads on here with the info, I have gotten a lot of info that has answered my questions. I was a little irritated seeing as a just purchased an AP for our trip in October, but knowing that I can still use it the same for the AP discounts made me happier. Thanks to everyone on these threads for clearing things up for all of us.

Jennjon,

No problem. I'm not sure if you know about this, but you can now go online and book a normal AP discounted reservation, when the discounted rates come out. This way you will know what rooms are actually available instead of asking someone over and over again about different room categories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter