Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the consensus on “late fall”? Am I safe for trying to go to WDW in Jersey week of 2019? I honestly hope they won’t open until around Thanksgiving so maybe I get a calm before the storm lull in crowds.

What is the consensus on “late fall”? Am I safe for trying to go to WDW in Jersey week of 2019? I honestly hope they won’t open until around Thanksgiving so maybe I get a calm before the storm lull in crowds.
One of the insiders from wdwmagic indicated it would likely open sometime after November 1, and it all depends on any delays between now and then as to how long after November 1 we're talking.

Hi there.

I left the forums for awhile and have returned. So when exactly should we expect Star Wars Land to be up and running? Am I insane to think that 2019 March Break is even a posibility?

All we've heard is summer 2019 for DLR and fall 2019 for WDW.

I've heard a couple rumors suggesting that the new Bounce Back Offer might be a hint that SWGE opening may be delayed until 2020... Makes sense based off the dates and timing of the offer with what we think would be the opening time frame. Throw into it also that the Fox deal might tighten the wallets a little bit and it may be a viable thought.

Anyone heard anything else suggesting this?

I've heard a couple rumors suggesting that the new Bounce Back Offer might be a hint that SWGE opening may be delayed until 2020... Makes sense based off the dates and timing of the offer with what we think would be the opening time frame. Throw into it also that the Fox deal might tighten the wallets a little bit and it may be a viable thought.

Anyone heard anything else suggesting this?
I wouldn’t buy into that rumor. Disney has been telling people 2019 and still is. They not too long ago announced Late Fall 2019. They aren’t messing around with SWGE like other lands.

They aren’t messing around with SWGE like other lands.
Yeah like how anything tall in the park is gone because “it’ll ruin the sight lines and take you out of the immersion.” Made me realize they really lucked out with pandora being tucked away in the corner as it is

I wouldn’t buy into that rumor. Disney has been telling people 2019 and still is. They not too long ago announced Late Fall 2019. They aren’t messing around with SWGE like other lands.
And to piggy-back off of this, Late Fall can be as late as Friday December 20th, 2020.

Opening for SWGE rumor/news from Martin

They are shooting for October, November is a safe bet, Mid December at the latest.

So about what we thought, though a bit earlier than many of us feared. November I think would work, past the Halloween stuff and then early November is usually bit slower, etc. If they hit grand opening mid-December and then fully up and running by Thanksgiving weekend I think they would be happy with that

They are shooting for October, November is a safe bet, Mid December at the latest.
So, ready by Halloween would be nice. Thanksgiving is more realistic, but hey, we've got until December 20th!

Hmm. Disney said Late Fall right on the Parks Blog back in May? Fall 2019 starts 9/23, it ends 12/21. That's 89 days. Late fall implies after the midpoint, roughly 45 days. So that makes 11/05/19 the midpoint. So Martin's news/rumor period is actually wider than the last provided information from Disney itself. I know I get snarky about things at times, but this one just makes me laugh.

Can it be news if I say something like... "Disney is still on track to open SW:GE in DHS pretty much when they said it would months ago."

Hmm. Disney said Late Fall right on the Parks Blog back in May? Fall 2019 starts 9/23, it ends 12/21. That's 89 days. Late fall implies after the midpoint, roughly 45 days. So that makes 11/05/19 the midpoint. So Martin's news/rumor period is actually wider than the last provided information from Disney itself. I know I get snarky about things at times, but this one just makes me laugh.

Can it be news if I say something like... "Disney is still on track to open SW:GE in DHS pretty much when they said it would months ago."
I understand what you're saying. I think this just shows where it lies if there is any delays between now and then.

Actually, if TDO is still on track with ANYTHING as they said when it was first announced, that WOULD be news! So yes, it is definitely newsworthy to note. :rolleyes1

Thanks rteetz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter