Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying. I think this just shows where it lies if there is any delays between now and then.
I guess. But if it opens in Mid Oct, would you say it is early? If it doesn't open until Mid Dec, would you say it is late? I wouldn't, because that is what they have been saying since at least May, which would be 18 months out. Now if it opens in September, I'd say they were early (and I'd probably fall out of my chair in amazement). And if it stretches until January or February 2020, I'd say they are late and wouldn't be overly shocked.

But that take on it has been stable since at least May, if not earlier. So yeah, kind of a nothing to see here moment in my mind. But maybe not to other people.

I guess. But if it opens in Mid Oct, would you say it is early? If it doesn't open until Mid Dec, would you say it is late? I wouldn't, because that is what they have been saying since at least May, which would be 18 months out. Now if it opens in September, I'd say they were early (and I'd probably fall out of my chair in amazement). And if it stretches until January or February 2020, I'd say they are late and wouldn't be overly shocked.

But that take on it has been stable since at least May, if not earlier. So yeah, kind of a nothing to see here moment in my mind. But maybe not to other people.
If it opens in Mid Dec. I would say its late. I wouldn't call Mid October early though. Just my take.

I understand what you're saying. I think this just shows where it lies if there is any delays between now and then.

The one thing I took away from that, assuming it is an accurate rumor, is that they haven't encountered any delays *yet* so that even a bit on the early side of "Late Fall" is a possibiliyt and what they are shooting for .... vs. "Disney is worried about hitting the Late Fall time frame and is now just hoping for mid-December at best" or something like that

I understand. I think Disney more or less considers most of December winter especially with things like the Christmas party.
Well if we're going by that, then Fall starts next week with the first MNSSHP. I think if Disney opens SW:GE 12/20/19 they will certainly trumpet that it was completed in late Fall, regardless of when MVMCP starts...

Well if we're going by that, then Fall starts next week with the first MNSSHP. I think if Disney opens SW:GE 12/20/19 they will certainly trumpet that it was completed in late Fall, regardless of when MVMCP starts...
I agree but still believe it will be open earlier than that barring any major issues.

The one thing I took away from that, assuming it is an accurate rumor, is that they haven't encountered any delays *yet* so that even a bit on the early side of "Late Fall" is a possibiliyt and what they are shooting for .... vs. "Disney is worried about hitting the Late Fall time frame and is now just hoping for mid-December at best" or something like that
Per Martin a few times, there seems to be one item or area that Disney is concerned it will delay them some, that is why I think they are protecting with such a wide window. But he has never stated what that item or area is.

Per Martin a few times, there seems to be one item or area that Disney is concerned it will delay them some, that is why I think they are protecting with such a wide window. But he has never stated what that item or area is.

do you know if it is some element common to both Disneyland and WDW so it could potentially delay both or just something unique to the infrastructure at WDW?

Chances of a hurricane in Southern Cali is VERY small ... not saying it couldn't happen but they have much bigger issues dealing with earthquakes and fires
Should have clarified: I mean hurricanes would affect WDW but not DL. WDW prob has a contingency plan for all of their projects for severe weather.

Has there been any speculation to the opening dates for Disneyland, other than "summer 2019?" The AP blackout dates seem to suggest that it'll be early July.

Has there been any speculation to the opening dates for Disneyland, other than "summer 2019?" The AP blackout dates seem to suggest that it'll be early July.
July is a safe bet. They said it would be open before D23 which is in August.

My guess is they are aiming for between November 1st -15th.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would be shocked if it's not open before Thanksgiving 2019
I hope these dates are correct. We are planning to go Nov 13-22. :)
I don't think I would want to be there for opening day but if that's the case, I'll take that over it opening the week after our last trip for a little while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter