SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today, we added another 25 point SSR contract. Now, we have enough points where we can do a 1 bedroom once a year or studio 2 times a year. What a dilemma.:thumbsup2 I think we are going to stay with 2 trips a year for awhile longer.

Congrats on the new points. We love SSR too. If you don't mind me asking, from which source did you purchase only 25 points? We'd like to add on a bit, too, but it's always 100 points or more when we check out websites.

We've been looking for a 50 point add on. They get scooped up very quickly. I think I'll email Jackie at **********.com and tell her what we want. She called me as soon as it came up last time and it was quicker than I thought.

Congrats on the new points. We love SSR too. If you don't mind me asking, from which source did you purchase only 25 points? We'd like to add on a bit, too, but it's always 100 points or more when we check out websites.

We went through Disney. We did TimeShare store for our 1st contract, but wanted our second to be the same use year. By going through Disney, we did not have the closing costs (more like they are included with the per point cost) and we did not have to wait.

I gotta wait until June, that sucks!!! The end of june no less!!! Question tho, do the quiet pools go at least 6 feet deep? Which one is the best quiet pool? I know one is getting refirbed, so that may be out. I have a disease where swimming helps my body, mostly treading water, so I'm looking for a deep pool!!

Thanks, I can't wait for my trip!

Earlier today, we added another 25 point SSR contract. Now, we have enough points where we can do a 1 bedroom once a year or studio 2 times a year. What a dilemma.:thumbsup2 I think we are going to stay with 2 trips a year for awhile longer.

Congrats! That's awesome. :)

Returning to SSR May 2nd. Wishing for nice weather and short lines.

wcrkl.jpg

Kevin

LOVE THAT PICTURE!!! :love:

We just booked a last minute trip too for May 13 - 17. It will be our second time there and our first trip was during the freezing cold of Marathon weekend.

I really look forward to actually enjoying the resort instead of running from the bus to the room to get out of the cold!!

Ditto, two unlucky scenarios in Feb, 35 degree with wind gusts of 30 miles per hour and the dreaded 'Carousel Area". It was still vacation and still Disney but I was disapointed.

I'm booked for a 2br, Jun 7-11, I can deal with the heat, and I'll be darned if they stick me in Carousel again, I asked for Congress Park. Wish me luck! :goodvibes

one is visable in this shot...Have fun!

Ooh ooh! Thankyou, I never noticed that one before and I've looked at that statue a bunch of times too!

Just wanted to chip in and say I absolutely love SSR as well and have stayed here on my last 3 trips and will also be on a split stay with BW on my next visit. I own at VWL & BW so I'm not in the position or rather, I can't justify buying more points (boohoo!) so sadly I can't get a contract here any time soon.

In the meantime I want to thank you all for letting me visit your wonderful home! :love:

Ditto, two unlucky scenarios in Feb, 35 degree with wind gusts of 30 miles per hour and the dreaded 'Carousel Area". It was still vacation and still Disney but I was disapointed.

I'm booked for a 2br, Jun 7-11, I can deal with the heat, and I'll be darned if they stick me in Carousel again, I asked for Congress Park. Wish me luck! :goodvibes

Yeah, I did not like the Carousel either. When I heard about the refurb, I was hoping they would do something there. The Paddock was nice before, and the new pool sounds good. At least you can walk there from the Carousel now.

We are taking a very unexpected trip at the end of May. My mother just passed away and my wonderful husband thinks that we need to get away for a few days---just the two of us. I am still grieving but I am looking forward to the trip. We have never stayed at SSR before so we will be making alot of new memories. Did I mention I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND?:hug:

We are taking a very unexpected trip at the end of May. My mother just passed away and my wonderful husband thinks that we need to get away for a few days---just the two of us. I am still grieving but I am looking forward to the trip. We have never stayed at SSR before so we will be making alot of new memories. Did I mention I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND?:hug:

I have a wonderful husband too! My Mom passed away a month ago and he felt I needed a break. He can't go due to work, so he's sending me and the kids down and we leave Sunday! A great husband AND Disney! We're two happy campers!! :love:

I have a wonderful husband too! My Mom passed away a month ago and he felt I needed a break. He can't go due to work, so he's sending me and the kids down and we leave Sunday! A great husband AND Disney! We're two happy campers!! :love:

I am sorry about your loss. It has only 5 weeks since my mom passed away. We are really looking forward to our mini-vacation. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time with your kids!

So sorry for your loss. I think that is a fantastic idea and you do have a wonderful husband to realize it and take you!

I hope you have a relaxing mini-vacation and are comforted as you grieve. :flower3:

We are taking a very unexpected trip at the end of May. My mother just passed away and my wonderful husband thinks that we need to get away for a few days---just the two of us. . . . . . . .

. . . . My Mom passed away a month ago . . . .. .

DW & I send our heartfelt simpathies to you both. The lost of a parent can make each of us file through the memories and question why "we did" or "did not" do something. Our prayers are that you concentrate on the "remember whens" and keep them close.

SSR Lovers prayers for you both and your families.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You'll grieve for awhile; no one can put a time limit on that. But this trip will be something "pleasant" for you to look forward to! You'll love SSR and I recommend dinner for two at the Turf Club.

I do hope you have a wonderful trip.

DW & I send our heartfelt simpathies to you both. The lost of a parent can make each of us file through the memories and question why "we did" or "did not" do something. Our prayers are that you concentrate on the "remember whens" and keep them close.

SSR Lovers prayers for you both and your families.

You know, I am comforted by the remember whens. Also, Mom is so much better off now than the last bit of time before her passing. I take the most comfort in that. I "talk" to her every day, and though I can't hear her wisdom with my ears, I hear it with my heart. And Mom loved nothing more than us having fun as a family, so I know she's behind my Disney break 100%!

bebelle-- may you find the same peace and comfort at this very difficult time...

My wife's father passed away two years ago and we were with him in a Palm Beach hospice when he passed. It was a long, emotionally painful two weeks. The day after the funeral, my wife said that she wanted to go to WDW! We were able to get an extremely last minute reservation and went to WDW for a week!
It was just what we both needed. Yes, there were times of sudden tears, but also joy in remembering good memories and just enjoying what life brings.

I'm so sorry about your mom and I'm very glad that you are taking care of yourself. Have a good trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter