SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Groupies fancy meeting you here ;)

We're checking in on May 3rd ...BVW though 'flower show time. We have family staying at the BCV so we wanted to be close... I'm missing those tree houses. I could really do another family weekend there. We didn't even do the parks we just hung out on the deck and waived to the boats then met up with the kids at DTD for dinner. A real relaxing SSR stay

See ya around fellas :wave2:

Hi tea pot! :wave:

We are taking our first DVC trip in May. Since I am pretty late in the game I was not able to get in at AKV-our home resort. We will be at SS which I am excited about. Question about transportaion to early am ADR's. What is the best way to get to the parks for an early morning ADR? Think I read that the Grandstand bus stop does not open until 11a. Any help would be appreciated. We will be using Disney transport.

Pretty sure that was a reference to the THV internal bus.

Glad to see this thread back on page 1! Sometimes we get lost in the fracus falling behind other threads. Maybe we spend to much time in those rocking chairs by CP or in the Carolwood Pacific Room.

Hi Groupies fancy meeting you here ;) . . . . . See ya around fellas :wave2:

Tell Mr. tea pot that DiznyDi & I said hi. :fish:

Can I join? DH just bought me an add on at SSR!!!! We bought SSR because I thought its a gorgeous resort and we would love to stay in the THV. So excited to be an SSR owner. Right now we are planning on making our first trip to SSR in Dec 2011. I would love to be able to go sooner but with business and kids activities it makes it kind of tough. So excited to be an SSR owner though!

Can I join? DH just bought me an add on at SSR!!!! We bought SSR because I thought its a gorgeous resort and we would love to stay in the THV. So excited to be an SSR owner. Right now we are planning on making our first trip to SSR in Dec 2011. I would love to be able to go sooner but with business and kids activities it makes it kind of tough. So excited to be an SSR owner though!

Congrats. We love THV. Hoping to get back there in '11. Our Jan '10 stay was very peaceful and relaxing. SSR has so many good things to offer.

Hi fellow Toga Town owners! We're heading down on our first stay at SSR soon and are wondering about the internet connection. I've heard that the jack is at the desk in the bedroom so we're thinking about bringing along a spare wireless router. Is this do-able / permitted?

Hi fellow Toga Town owners! We're heading down on our first stay at SSR soon and are wondering about the internet connection. I've heard that the jack is at the desk in the bedroom so we're thinking about bringing along a spare wireless router. Is this do-able / permitted?
Yes. Bringing a personal portable router will usually work. It's worked for me on numerous trips. We actually keep one in our Owner's Locker just for WDW trips.

However, I did run into a problem while staying at the BCV, once. There was a problem with the line. It wouldn't connect to either the router or my laptop. They walked me through changing some settings in my laptop that got it to work when connected directly to the wall jack. But they wouldn't help me with the router.

I guess it's one of those deals where it will usually work, but it's not guaranteed.

Yup, we did that at Kidani when we were there in a 2 br, but you might consider bringing a very long cat 5 cable because when we set up the router in the master bedroom, my Dad couldn't connect to the wireless signal until I moved it into the living room, walls must be too thick!

Headed home in July. We just planned a "kinda" last minute trip to SSR/Vero. We were skipping WDW this summer, but since hearing the Main Street Electrical Parade is back just for the summer.....WE COULDN'T RESIST. We will be staying in a 2br starting on Friday July 17th for 6 nights then we head over to Vero for 4 nights. :banana: We have not stayed at our home resort since Nov. 2008 so we are excited to go back. :cool1:

WELCOME HOME!

SSR is such a relaxing place - very much out of the hub bub.

I was having a pretty bad day yesterday. Then I came home and found a letter from DVC, our waitlist came through and we don't have a split reservation, doing 6 days in a THV. :yay:

I was having a pretty bad day yesterday. Then I came home and found a letter from DVC, our waitlist came through and we don't have a split reservation, doing 6 days in a THV. :yay:

Congratulations!!! :banana:

:banana::banana::banana:

Looking forward to the day that we make plans to stay in a THV. Sounds like so much fun.

I love seeing the DVC envelopes in the mail, pale yellow means it's the room confirmation...looking at my SSR August confirmation now :love:

Congrats... you will love it.. we had a family weekend last Nov. It was the best family stay yet. :thumbsup2

We just found out yesterday that we closed on our SSR resale. We are now proud of owners to SSR, we are so excited! We have never been and cant wait to check it out! Love this thread already!:cool1::cool1::cool1:Any of you buy into SSR and not see the resort first?

We just found out yesterday that we closed on our SSR resale. We are now proud of owners to SSR, we are so excited! We have never been and cant wait to check it out! Love this thread already!:cool1::cool1::cool1:Any of you buy into SSR and not see the resort first?

Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter