SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaprincess

DIS Veteran
I don't know if there is an SSR thread but if there isn't...Seems to me there are a lot of people who have come to truly appreciate the wonders and beauty of SSR. It also seems there are many new owners of SSR who might also appreciate an oppurtunity to talk SSR. It's about time those who love and/or own SSR have a place where we can come and share our enthusiasm for our beloved SSR.

Here are some suggestions but feel free to contribute to this thread in whatever way you like, just keep it friendly!:goodvibes

Ask questions about SSR.

Share your pictures of SSR.

Reminisce about your SSR vacation experiences.

Meet your SSR neighbors.

Share SSR updates.

Stop in for an SSR fix when your'e home sick

Just kick back, relax and enjoy some good conversation SSR style!

etc. etc. etc.
:welcome: Home!!! party:
mamamick.jpg

treehousevillasrendering.jpg

treehousedvc4.jpg

A list of SSR Lovers :goodvibes

This list is compiled in a pretty random order. If you'd like your user name added to this list please pm me and I'll be happy to add you on.:thumbsup2

mamaprincess
3DisneyKids
DisneyFreaks
Ariel8676
wdw4life
graygables
barlitz
bpmorley
Sammie
tomandrobin
starbox
liznboys
BlakeNJ
ont/ohana
mikron
athenna
ansky922
kgkmom
kab407
Starr W.
esulerzy
solgent
Fatalbie
Firebug
Mischa
PattiPB
KLEONARD
loribell
wltdsnyfan
CinderellasSister
TOMAR@SSR
La2kw
Clewert
Disney MAINEiac
BroganMc
TreesyB
disneymom8589
jns Nov.
sarac
disneyfan2kids
Zane Anthony
polyhm83
conciergekelly
Glorydaz
FormrCastMbr
Slakk
Doug7856
gnewone
cquick
MrsNick
tufenuff
saratogagirl
pamjb
Hollymom1229
2Princes2Princesses
dwelty
abk96
snoopygirl
MinnesotaChill
3DisneyNuts
ACDSNY
gjw007
uicbear
Impala
DVCJones
CT Dad
disgrits
MAGICFOR2
NARM FORever
Treecle44
happyj
CRSNDISNY
murcor
treehugger
dvcmbr94
eme1970
summergolf
luckymomyx2
Marshay
Pooh nut
Buckeye Fan
DJ Bounce
mackeyyapp
sammax
MinnesotaChill
Kritter
Trippy D DooDah
Mickey02
Disney Mama
SaratogShan
tiggercrew
Paulieuk1969
edk35
btrim
Loco4Disney
tc3rid
its862
DBBN
MikeS
nhdisnut
ginkyoo
polyhm83
PBader
Barb
Disney Mama
Summertyme
chuckcorden
Lost boy
DutchsMommy
Merylj
Sabrina Mouse
gppnj
wilma-bride
bsusanmb
alldiz
tea pot
Really Goofy Daddy
The Overgrown Kid
BigMama
mikayla73
TigrLvsPooh
jgus
Fitswimmer
pennst8tr
NJOGRE
Muushka
CustardTart
LivinADream
twincandc
BriarRose59
JesseDisney
goaliewife
nana26
jasheehy
jadejazzkayla
disneymagic316
mikeandcarla
Laurabearz
tjhsr
4DisneyGolfnuts
NemoMOm
gortman65
DramaTech
tmk0730
CathyC
mwmuntz
magicmommy
Got Disney
magerzoo
sulleyfan
alldiz
Kais&Logans Mom
Dman67
Halle
Natterjack9
mjy
KathyRN137
brianm27
Disneyracingfan
DisneyBride'03
PSC
DMKEDM
chappellfamily
NatterJack9
RachelTori
lazydazy8
soozaay
Catlover
PinkTink63
arabesque
chellymouse
MEGOOFYFAN
dizney4us
Disneypirate85
sparkyboy

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I am happy to be the first to subscribe! I Love, love, love my SSR!

Welcome Home 3DisneyKids!!!

We (DH, twin DDs8, DD3, and I) are so in love with SSR. Everytime we go (4 trips in 3years of ownership) we love it more!:love: We went over the holidays for our last trip, it was just exquisite.
We really enjoyed the character meet and greets in the lobby and all the wonderful decorations. It was just magical.:wizard: We can't wait to get back (thanksgiving trip looks likely). Hopefully the Grandstand section will be opened so we can try it out over there. We've stayed in every section except The Springs which I know we will get to as we can't seem to tear ourselves away from home.:goodvibes

Welcome Home Neighbors!! We purchased our contract at SSR sight unseen. We were a little anxious when we got there for the first time last month. (even after reading so many positive reviews) Well right from the start we fell in love with what we saw. We had a family with us who had never been to WDW and they were blown away. We had heard so many negatives about the interior hallways and the enormous size of this place. Frankly I am confused as to what the fuss was all about.:confused3 We found nothing that would be so bad that we would never want to stay there again. In fact we cannot wait to return this year. Thanks for starting such a great thread. I look forward to reading each and every post.

Thanks for startng this thread..My family and i love SSR!!!! We became DVC members in Dec 2005 and have taken 3 trips already!!! We stayed in the Spring all 3 times, and really love everything about it..(except maybe the sofa beds..they could use a lot of work ;) )

Welcome Home DisneyFreaks!!!:goodvibes
Welcome Home Ariel8676!!!:goodvibes

So glad to have you as neighbors! SSR did get some really unfair press for a while. Luckily we purchased before we heard all of the complaints otherwise we may have missed out on the most wonderful accomodations and the best vacations of our lives. We recently added-on and we are so ecstatic about being able to extend our vacations at SSR and really being able to take it in at a very leisurely pace as it is meant to be enjoyed.

Next vacation we are really going to spend much more time at "home" wandering around the beautiful grounds and hanging out at the pool. I may even get a mani/pedi at the spa!:cloud9:

Add me to the SSR lovers list!:cloud9: I bought in December '03. Had my first trip home December '05 and it was great! SSR was everything I wanted it to be and more! I'll be going back for Thanskgiving and I cannot wait.:hourglass

Welcome Home WDW4life!!!:goodvibes

If all goes according to plan, I'll be seeing you around Thanksgiving time!:banana:

If anyone else knows what their vacation plans are, will you share them? It would be nice to know who's going to be at SSR on what dates in 2007.

If you're just getting back, sprinkle us with some pixie dust!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I just got 100 SSR points from :santa: from Christmas, so I'm thrilled to be a DVC owner!!! :cool1: DH and I had lunch at the Turf Club last November for me to 'introduce' him to the concept (and we LOVED the Turf Club, btw) and here are some photos I took while we were there. I've never even seen a room there and our first stay will be the end of February...I'm SO excited!

Across the lake from DTD
1473669-SSR1.JPG

Inside Artist Palette (thanks Sammie!)...I have a thing for art glass!
1473671-SSR2.JPG

One of our favorite horses...
1473681-SSR3.JPG

The shot that swayed DH...(he's a masonry contractor and loved the chimneys!)
1473682-SSR4.JPG

from the bus stop...
1473685-SSR5.JPG

1473687-SSR6.JPG

Great Idea for a thread. We love our SSR. I'll add some photos soon. I think I took 500+ last month on our 7 day xmas vacation.

Thanks for the photos, Grayables, they are lovely.

You need to change your description from Artist Point, which is at WL, to Artist Pallette. :thumbsup2

graygables: Wonderful photos. Thanks so much.

bpmorley: Can't wait to see your pictures!!

barlitz: You are in for a real treat. Welcome Home!

mamaprincess: We're already booked at SSR for October 28 through
November 2, 2007. We can't wait to go back. This time we're
planning on spending alot more down time at the resort.

Thanks for starting the thread!

We too are SSR lovers! :lovestruc :love: We look forward to spending our time at the resort as much as the parks! We have just completed our second add-on and looking forward to the next five or so......Right Baby?. :rolleyes1

We can't wait to get back to SSR in March. Its great seeing all of the progress of the resort since the last time we were there.

We will also be there in May, October and December this year. Maybe August too, if things work out!

I wanted to post some SSR pictures, but even though we went to SSR 5 times last year, I have no pictures of the resort!:scared1:

A great big welcome home to graygables, barlitz, bpmorley and Sammie.

Congratulations graygables!!!:woohoo: Can't wait to hear about your first stay! Thanks for giving us a huge dose of pixie dust by posting those gorgeous pics!

Congratulations barlitz!:banana: You will absolutely love your new home! Take lots of pics and come and tell us about your first visit!:goodvibes

Woah bpmorley! I cant wait to see your pics! I took about 470 pics on an 8 day trip last month. My family started hiding from me after a while.:rotfl:

I really love SSR and for our family's touring style, it has the most desirable and convenient location.

Here are pictures from our TR last August:

Beautiful View from Registration Area
13800092.ea1712.jpg

Carousel Room Lobby
13800144.d30719.jpg

Life-size Sculpture Outside Lobby
13800087.b9ecd4.jpg

Overlooking the Incredible Pool
13800145.661ed1.jpg

Pretty Mosaic Fountain
13803416.e47ce2.jpg

I believe the next two pictures are of The Springs - CM at check-in said this the most requested location
13803420.b9bc73.jpg

13803445.4766c8.jpg

Nearing Congress Park - I loved the beautiful, expansive bike and walking/jogging trails like this one:
13803451.d7fceb.jpg

and this:
13803452.94c3e3.jpg

Coming up on CP
13803448.e59efe.jpg

This pictures does not do this view justice, because the lake and DTD is visible. The White Terrace leads to a quiet pool that looks out over the water and onto DTD. It's stunning.
13803449.8ea143.jpg

Main entrance to our building - loved the arch and hanging lanterns
13803450.2e9844.jpg

View from one of the landings on the staircase - thought the way it was designed to make a frame around Cirque du Soliel was very neat - it was so pretty at night.
13803454.601671.jpg

Out the main entrance. Another nice archway.
13803583.8b368c.jpg

The SSR hallways leading from the elevator to our door:
13803585.07a27c.jpg

Children's waiting area in the lobby - I thought the Famous Disney horses were such a clever touch!
13803590.d1a542.jpg

In addition to having the best CS food we've tried, Artist's Palatte had adorable little easels and art supplies out for the kids. Talk about attention to detail and being great for younger kids!
13803581.b08776.jpg

One last Pool shot:
13803579.a018c7.jpg

The interior of a studio room:
Kitchenette
13803447.002ce7.jpg

Nice Detailing from Housekeeping and lovely granite countertop
13803588.1abc17.jpg

Vanity:
13803453.e7de10.jpg

Bathroom, again with nice details from housekeeping:
13803580.6b83e8.jpg

Sofa-Sleeper - so comfortable that the kids fought over it.
13803586.b4f722.jpg

Great pictures and great thread! We we will going to SSR for the first time in March. I am so excited. I'll take lots of pictures and post when I get back. It's nice to finally see some pictures other than the standard or "official" DVC pictures that I pour over constantly.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter