Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

I'm in corral C for the 5k tomorrow and I plan on stopping for a few character photos. Think I can make an 8:40 Tusker House reservation?

Friend doing 5k in C… I’m pretty sure I’m the first bib number in D for challenge glad to have a buffer for the 10 miler as I was anxious about it being front loaded with the parks

I did yoga this morning and loved it so much! Many improvements. Transportation/security was so much better with the TTC and ferry eliminated. I loved that they had characters around for pictures before the event, and since we were all let in in relatively small groups, there was never a line for pictures. I got to meet DUG and MONSTER BOO!!! So cute.

The yoga itself was honestly the worst part. It was only 40 minutes, and like last time, felt like glorified stretching. The instructors would misname poses (e.g., they don't seem to know what Warrior 1 is), which bothers me, but I get that they're just making the class accessible to everyone. I also wish they would play lo fi Disney music during yoga.

We got to watch the Animation show on the theatre at the end which was so special and cool! What a lovely surprise. They also had more Pixar characters come out at the end.

Overall, I loved it and had a great morning... despite the fact that I got to my hotel 45 minutes before the bus and thus did not sleep at all.

Corral B here!

Expo wasn’t bad…we were there around 11:30 AM. Got what I wanted. Seemed to be all sizes available in the clothing I looked at.

Large piles of merch around the exterior walls…CM told my DH they were left behind by the resellers…said they sit around the outside and post on eBay. If no one buys then they don’t purchase it…just leave it behind when they check out.

Corral B here!
Large piles of merch around the exterior walls…CM told my DH they were left behind by the resellers…said they sit around the outside and post on eBay. If no one buys then they don’t purchase it…just leave it behind when they check out.
I think a lot of people also grab multiples of things they’re interested in buying (in different sizes) and then go to the wall areas to try them on. This, IMO, is way more polite than someone setting up their huge pile in front of the racks, so others can keep shopping.

And from there it just becomes like a dressing room at a clothing store and people just leave the extra stuff there. (DH had to peel a hoodie off me at MW because it said Large, and was more like a small/xs.) For as much as stuff costs, trying on before buying is always a good idea. Some of it probably is re-sellers, but not all of it.

I hope everyone has great races this weekend!
Does anyone have the name of the Instagram account that posts pictures and prices of all the merch at the expo to their story? It was SO helpful at marathon weekend, but I somehow didn’t follow them and can’t find the name 🙈

I hope everyone has great races this weekend!
Does anyone have the name of the Instagram account that posts pictures and prices of all the merch at the expo to their story? It was SO helpful at marathon weekend, but I somehow didn’t follow them and can’t find the name 🙈
You're probably thinking of runtheimpossible

The weekend jacket had holes for your watch in it and a hood. Decided to grab it since it was different from previous styles.
I don’t know about the hooded jacket, but the unhooded purple women’s jacket only has a watch hole on the left wrist (sorry lefties 🫤)

I don’t know about the hooded jacket, but the unhooded purple women’s jacket only has a watch hole on the left wrist (sorry lefties 🫤)
Lame! I’m a righty and have always worn my watch on my right hand! I also bat lefty when I played softball. Dunno why, it always felt more natural for me. :P

Good luck to everyone running the 5k tomorrow! For any that would like to come to the pre-race meet up it will be at the same location as MW and Princess Weekend. First light post all the way to the right as you enter the main waiting area (this is on the side of the drop bag trucks but before the trucks). I will try to get there as close to 3am as I can.

Whether you come by or not have great races!!

Good luck to everyone running the 5k tomorrow! For any that would like to come to the pre-race meet up it will be at the same location as MW and Princess Weekend. First light post all the way to the right as you enter the main waiting area (this is on the side of the drop bag trucks but before the trucks). I will try to get there as close to 3am as I can.

Whether you come by or not have great races!!
You know I’m probably not going to make it because I can’t really venture too far from the AWD tent. But maybe actually say where the location is. Like oh it in the same spot is great and all up until you have someone who wasn’t there for the other race weekends.

Like again I probably won’t make it. But if I had wanted to or could I wouldn’t have a faintest idea where that is. And really the idea of digging through two other threads decreases the appeal

You know I’m probably not going to make it because I can’t really venture too far from the AWD tent. But maybe actually say where the location is. Like oh it in the same spot is great and all up until you have someone who wasn’t there for the other race weekends.

Like again I probably won’t make it. But if I had wanted to or could I wouldn’t have a faintest idea where that is. And really the idea of digging through two other threads decreases the appeal
They did say "First light post all the way to the right as you enter the main waiting area (this is on the side of the drop bag trucks but before the trucks)."

Have been on the bus for 20 minutes so far. Thought it left at 2:45, now 3:05…. Hopefully leaving soon. Still will head to meeting spot once there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter