Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

I got BG 17 for Guardians and my husband got 5 for the expo. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Walking over from BCV at least is super convenient 😆
we got BG 8 for guardians but I got 2 for the expo. My youngest doesn’t want to ride guardians. I’m hoping they’ll let us return late because my husband now needs me for rider swap. I know they usually do but I thought I read somewhere they were starting to deny late comers at guardians as well.

I'm at the expo but no characters out yet and the sign just said "intermittent characters" and the times but not a list of who would greet.

Platinum club pick up, bib numbers were quite varied but for the challenge everyone was corral B. One bib one corral assignment. No separate assignment for the 5K/10K.

Just a quick heads up if you haven’t been following the TRON VQ threads, but they’re being super strict with Tron return times unlike Guardians VQ. We personally saw people turned away when late. I changed to Epcot from MK last night for this morning in case the expo VQ had us returning at similar times. I got BG 17 for Guardians and my husband got 5 for the expo. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Walking over from BCV at least is super convenient 😆
VERY aware. Was on the Space Mountain line and keeping a close eye on things, ended up having more than enough time but CMs were very cautious about whether I’d be ok when I asked. They’re def still trying to figure this stuff out.

Anyone doing pre purchase pickup, there's a separate line to the left do have them apply discounts after you pickup your stuff. The line for discounts is massive and moving slooooooow

Anyone doing pre purchase pickup, there's a separate line to the left do have them apply discounts after you pickup your stuff. The line for discounts is massive and moving slooooooow
They were having issues figuring out how to do it during the 8:30 time frame.

Word on the bookface is that the beer cups are back to a runDisney cup. Not the WWOS one. Black lettering. And that it's the only one they are accepting for refills. For planning purposes for other upcoming race weekends. Which means the one we got during MW won't be packed.

So a bit later, a CM came over and said the regular register folks can do it as well. I was already next at that point so I didn't test it out.
In line for regular register now definitely will ask about applying to pre order pins for 5k & challenge

My shopping list was logo/medal pins for 10k & 10m magnets for all four , headbands if they had them and to check out if I liked the belt

No medal 10k pins left or at least not out,no headbands this race, didn’t like the belt but got the socks

Done at expo. Still have mixed feelings on the whole VQ thing though I won’t deny it was nice to be actually able to move around in my scooter a lot more easily.

Got the big items I wanted. Only thing I debated and decided to pass on the 5k I did it. and that was because it was less about wanting it because I did it. And more for other reasons

Love the material they used for this year though.

On the topic of the VQs. I got Guardians and will go back after my ECV has had some time to charge. And then decided to go ILL for Tron at night. Plan is after dinner head straight for MK. And start hanging in that area until I get the time and then back to hotel. I’m always run late anyway. So nighttime doesn’t bother me too much.

For those interested you can send runner tracking to your phone via text. QR Code was at expo. Runner tracking offers Twitter or email as options, but if you put your phone number in the email option and then @ your phone carrier using these codes (supplied by @Herding_Cats in the 2023 Marathon Weekend Thread) it should work.

I just tested it and got the text saying I’m set.

1681408108745.png

we got BG 8 for guardians but I got 2 for the expo. My youngest doesn’t want to ride guardians. I’m hoping they’ll let us return late because my husband now needs me for rider swap. I know they usually do but I thought I read somewhere they were starting to deny late comers at guardians as well.

Oh man, hope it worked out for you! We rode Guardians twice in a row (first with VQ and then LL) and made it over to the merch about 15 minutes past the end of our return time. No issues with scanning in late to shop! 🤑💸

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter