Spring Advantage 2012

Omg! I just finished my interview! It was pretty short (11 minutes). My interviewer was Christy. She was really nice, but she only asked me questions about my previous job experience. Not really about the roles. Did anyone else have this? I'm worried! :eek:

I clicked on the Disney college Program link on my dashboard (to the left of my progress bar) for the first time because i was just wondering what it would do, and it brought up a tab that says.

"The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site."

but it still says thank you for interviewing on my progress bar and my status is "in-progress". I never got a denial email either.

bump, im getting nervous

I clicked on the Disney college Program link on my dashboard (to the left of my progress bar) for the first time because i was just wondering what it would do, and it brought up a tab that says.

"The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site."

but it still says thank you for interviewing on my progress bar and my status is "in-progress". I never got a denial email either.

I think somebody else got that too, on the FB group. But I wouldn't worry. The web site is really wonky this year since it's new. If your dashboard still says "in-progress" I wouldn't worry. You would have gotten an e-mail if you had been denied or pended or something.

I think somebody else got that too, on the FB group. But I wouldn't worry. The web site is really wonky this year since it's new. If your dashboard still says "in-progress" I wouldn't worry. You would have gotten an e-mail if you had been denied or pended or something.

Well thats a relief, thank you.

Omg! I just finished my interview! It was pretty short (11 minutes). My interviewer was Christy. She was really nice, but she only asked me questions about my previous job experience. Not really about the roles. Did anyone else have this? I'm worried! :eek:

I had Christy too on the 10th. I am still waiting to be accepted. She told me ASAP and my email said 2 weeks. Its been 13 days.

^How long did you have to wait after the interview to get any sort of e-mail?

Are all the interviewers doing really general questions this term? When I applied for Spring (and got denied:sad1:) I got asked a bunch of role specific questions. This time, I got a handful of questions about multitasking, how my job prepared me for CP, etc. Did any of you get role specific questions? Btw, I don't know if it has any bearing on this, but my tops were Attractions, Character Attendant, QSFB, and Merchandise.

I waited about 8 hours to get a confirmation email of my phone interview. I was envolved in the whole Waitlisted for 24 hours, I got sent a Pending email, and then 12 hours later I was no longer pending/waitlisted. So, I have actually have no idea when I get my acceptance/denial

I applied on the 5th, got an e-mail for WBI about three hours after applying, then got my phone interview scheduled, interviewed, and got my thank you email about 30 minutes later. I interviewed the 7th and I found out the 20th, so it took me exactly two weeks.

Who all is checking in January 16th?

So I was put on the wait list, got my "pending" e-mail... and now the website says I'm back to "in progress"? Confused. :/ Does anyone know what this means?

I had my interview tonight, and mine sort of did the same thing. She didn't ask me any role-specific questions, just a lot of "Are you good working individually or in a group? Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." etc. I don't think it's bad, but then again, I have no idea, this is my first time applying. However, my friend currently works on Indiana at DL and she was one of my references, so I'm very hopeful about this. Good luck Linden and everyone else! And congrats to the people that made it in already! :earsboy:

So I was put on the wait list, got my "pending" e-mail... and now the website says I'm back to "in progress"? Confused. :/ Does anyone know what this means?

I had the same thing happen to me and people are saying it was a glitch. If you got a pending email within the past 2 days then it is real. Otherwise, Don't worry about it.

I had my interview tonight, and mine sort of did the same thing. She didn't ask me any role-specific questions, just a lot of "Are you good working individually or in a group? Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer." etc. I don't think it's bad, but then again, I have no idea, this is my first time applying. However, my friend currently works on Indiana at DL and she was one of my references, so I'm very hopeful about this. Good luck Linden and everyone else! And congrats to the people that made it in already! :earsboy:

I just had mine a few hours ago and I've been nervous because she asked ALMOST NO role-based questions at ALL. She asked me previous work experience, how that experience made me a strong candidate, if I was willing to do custodial in the event that I was accepted as a hopper, if I was willing to do QSFB, and if I had any experience running a register. I took it as a bad sign because I really wanted attractions and that's what I would be most qualified to work should I be accepted, but she didn't ask anything even slightly related to it. I had to make a point during the strong candidate question to make sure she knew I have five fall seasons of experience with crowd control, guest/staff safety, talking in front of crowds, memorizing long spiels, video monitoring, keeping myself from getting bored with repetitive tasks, and pushing buttons - she didn't even act as if I'd said anything, instead moving on to the next unrelated question.

So, now I wait. I'm a nervous wreck. I mean, if I get accepted for attractions I'd accept immediately, but if I get accepted for something else I'm honestly going to have to take a few days before I accept to make sure it's a job I can do for 8 months.

roriedee, what roles did you apply for? It sounds like you got much more specific questions than me. I guess that could be since I applied for pretty much everything except roles outside the parks or performer. It sounds like you have a pretty good chance to me. Good luck!!!:)

Thanks! Good luck to you too! :goodvibes I have a friend at DL too (at the Village Haus), so I'm hoping that helps.

roriedee, what roles did you apply for? It sounds like you got much more specific questions than me. I guess that could be since I applied for pretty much everything except roles outside the parks or performer. It sounds like you have a pretty good chance to me. Good luck!!!:)

First choice was attractions, second merchandise, and third QSFB. Well, I hadn't actually chosen QSFB, I just agreed to it when she told me I needed more options, so I went with that and hopper.

I mean, the register question was role-based, so I'll give it that much, but other than that not much but general questions. Earlier I was thinking about it and I'm hoping that me telling her I've done all that which would help with attractions deterred her from asking anymore questions because I had already answered them in one sweep.

At this point, I'll take any optimism that passes through my mind!

hiii guys! i was just able to finally set up my phone interview! i have mine saturday at 10:45 pm! i was just wondering, is it normal for phone interviews to be that late? it surprised me when she specified that the interview was during the night! lol! have any of you guys had late interviews like me?

When I scheduled my interview, I saw a spot for 10:45pm, so I'm guessing it's just so they can get one or two more pople interviewed that day.

When I scheduled my interview, I saw a spot for 10:45pm, so I'm guessing it's just so they can get one or two more pople interviewed that day.

oh awesome, thanks! i actually had to do it over the phone, so i didnt get to physically see the time slots, but thanks for your reply! appreciate it :) it just seemed super weird to me, lol!

So I got ACCEPTED! But I don't know my role or season since I can't log in. I called Disney and they won't tell me what I got but said they'd try to fix the log in issue... I'm dying here. Ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter