Spring Advantage 2012

The DL program has not started sending out acceptance letters yet.

I'm still waiting for my phone interview, which is on Saturday. I really hope I do well. My poor carpet with have a nice long piece gone from all my pacing XD

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have already made it!

Hi, everyone! I just found this board due to some late night freaking out over the DCP. Figured I should introduce myself before I unloaded my questions - I'm Aurora from Ohio.

Even though applications are open until the end of November, I feel like I applied so late in the game with everyone already getting their answers! I decided to schedule my interview for Saturday on my birthday as a gift to myself, so I've yet to go through that yet.

What worries me most is this - I've heard through the FB page and a couple of different forums that several of the roles are already filled up? Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Even though I'd be happy doing anything, I really wanted at least a chance at attractions! It's what I've wanted to do since I was twelve! I sort of went into panic mode when I saw someone had said they'd filled all the attractions roles already!

Also, is anyone else having difficulty with their colleges not wanting to accept the credits? I'm perfectly fine with not getting credits toward my graduation if I get accepted, but I'm mainly concerned about losing my health insurance.

And what is this waiting list I keep hearing horror stories about?

One last thing (I promise!) - How long did it take to hear news after your phone interview? I'm getting restless already and I still have another four days before my interview is even here!

Hi, everyone! I just found this board due to some late night freaking out over the DCP. Figured I should introduce myself before I unloaded my questions - I'm Aurora from Ohio.

Even though applications are open until the end of November, I feel like I applied so late in the game with everyone already getting their answers! I decided to schedule my interview for Saturday on my birthday as a gift to myself, so I've yet to go through that yet.

What worries me most is this - I've heard through the FB page and a couple of different forums that several of the roles are already filled up? Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Even though I'd be happy doing anything, I really wanted at least a chance at attractions! It's what I've wanted to do since I was twelve! I sort of went into panic mode when I saw someone had said they'd filled all the attractions roles already!

Also, is anyone else having difficulty with their colleges not wanting to accept the credits? I'm perfectly fine with not getting credits toward my graduation if I get accepted, but I'm mainly concerned about losing my health insurance.

And what is this waiting list I keep hearing horror stories about?

One last thing (I promise!) - How long did it take to hear news after your phone interview? I'm getting restless already and I still have another four days before my interview is even here!

Hi!
I want to say that no, you might still have a chance at attractions! People need to still accept the offer, and sometimes people for whatever reason (family emergencies, school complications) can't accept their role which should hopefully leave some openings! Although attractions was my top choice, I got merchandise. (although, it was probably due to my crappy interview haha)

And I'm in the same boat as you with the school stuff. I didn't even talk to my advisor about this so I don't even know how this is going to work. I need to get credits or I'll lose my loans and health insurance too >.< Does your school offer online courses? I think, depending, you can still get your loans and insurance if you are still considered a part time student.

And it took me almost my whole two weeks to hear back! It as torture! However, it took another girl only 2 days to hear back! It's really a mix now :)

I really doubt that attractions has filled up as it is among the top roles where there are usually a lot of spaces available. Also you didn't apply really late in the game. Disney usually knows what they are doing and they know that not everyone will know about the program until the presentations that are at the schools. The only roles that I can see filling up fast are photopass and the bbb(bibbity bobbity boutique) and even then I don't think it would be within the first acceptances. Just my opinion though :) all you gotta do is apply and be your friendly self :goodvibes

I wonder if the reason I haven't heard yet is because Disney is trying to contact my school...term didn't start until today! It's been 13 days, this is nerve-wracking.

I just had my phone interview this morning at 9 am. This wait is killing me and it's only been 2 hours!!!! How do you all deal with the stress?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!! WDW Spring Adv. Merchandise :thumbsup2 It's not my first choice but I get to work at Disney so I really don't care!

My status said wait list at first and I got my pending email yesterday. But, today it just changed to In Progress! I hope that's a good sign!

I really hope it's not a glitch though...

My status said wait list at first and I got my pending email yesterday. But, today it just changed to In Progress! I hope that's a good sign!

I really hope it's not a glitch though...

*goes to check if mine did the same thing*

OMFG IT DID. I was wait list yesterday and now it says in progress!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T BE A GLITCH.

Welcome to the boards, Aurora! princess:

If it makes you feel any better, my college roommate is here doing the program right now in attractions, and she applied a week or two max before the final acceptances went out. She heard back from Disney on the very last day! I would really be surprised if attractions had already filled up, and I've learned from experience to take everything I see on the Facebook groups with a grain of salt. ;)

Good luck to you and to everyone else waiting to hear back right now! I remember being in your shoes like it was yesterday. Just hang in there, and if you have any questions about anything having to do with the program feel free to message me any time.

Welcome to the boards, Aurora! princess:

If it makes you feel any better, my college roommate is here doing the program right now in attractions, and she applied a week or two max before the final acceptances went out. She heard back from Disney on the very last day! I would really be surprised if attractions had already filled up, and I've learned from experience to take everything I see on the Facebook groups with a grain of salt. ;)

Good luck to you and to everyone else waiting to hear back right now! I remember being in your shoes like it was yesterday. Just hang in there, and if you have any questions about anything having to do with the program feel free to message me any time.

Thanks for the advice! I'm really hoping to get attractions! I think it might help that I've been volunteering at the local haunted house for five years and dealt with long spiels, crowd control, and the like. I'm not banking on it, but I'd LOVE to be a bellhop at the Tower of Terror - it's the entire reason for me going for attractions! :laughing:

I really doubt that attractions has filled up as it is among the top roles where there are usually a lot of spaces available. Also you didn't apply really late in the game. Disney usually knows what they are doing and they know that not everyone will know about the program until the presentations that are at the schools. The only roles that I can see filling up fast are photopass and the bbb(bibbity bobbity boutique) and even then I don't think it would be within the first acceptances. Just my opinion though :) all you gotta do is apply and be your friendly self :goodvibes

I certainly hope it's not filled up! Of course, I'd be happy doing anything, but I really want a chance!

Hi!
I want to say that no, you might still have a chance at attractions! People need to still accept the offer, and sometimes people for whatever reason (family emergencies, school complications) can't accept their role which should hopefully leave some openings! Although attractions was my top choice, I got merchandise. (although, it was probably due to my crappy interview haha)

And I'm in the same boat as you with the school stuff. I didn't even talk to my advisor about this so I don't even know how this is going to work. I need to get credits or I'll lose my loans and health insurance too >.< Does your school offer online courses? I think, depending, you can still get your loans and insurance if you are still considered a part time student.

And it took me almost my whole two weeks to hear back! It as torture! However, it took another girl only 2 days to hear back! It's really a mix now :)

Well, my department head is trying to convince me not to go and told me he wouldn't count the credits since none of it is art/photography related. I mentioned taking classes online and he said I could do that if I wanted, but it would be really hard because all of the students he's ever sent down there had a really hard time juggling school and homework.

Here's to the best, eh?

Also, something other students might want to check out that are worried about insurance - he told me to have my Dad call his insurance company and ask if they'll drop me if I'm still enrolled, but in a paid internship. He said some insurance companies will not drop the insurance if you're enrolled/in internship even if you aren't enrolled full-time.

And sorry for answering in three separate posts - I've no clue how to put multiple quotes in one reply! :confused:

And sorry for answering in three separate posts - I've no clue how to put multiple quotes in one reply! :confused:

Right next to the quote button, theres a button that has a plus sign on it. Press that and it'll turn red or some other color then you do that on all the ones you want to quote, and press quote like regular in one of the ones you want to quote and it'll put all of then in there! Sorry if that's confusing!

Spring Advantage 2012, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Photopass!

:banana::woohoo::yay::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter