Spring Advantage 2012

Phone interview is tonight. Just excited to have gotten this far considering all the trouble my e-mail was giving me.

For those of you who have been accepted, did you need to be able to log into your dashboard to know you were accepted or what role you got? Or did you get an e-mail with all the information? Just wondering because though my e-mail problem has been fixed, I still haven't been able to log onto my dashboard properly. Disney cannot fix this for me so they've been moving me along via the phone... I'm worried about it for the future though.

Accepted!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Merchandise, BYU Spring 2012, WDW! This is my top choice so I'm SO excited! I've done foods the last two times...

However if I get my PI then I do that instead... but for now, this is the plan until I hear otherwise!

Did you need to be able to log into your dashboard to know you were accepted or what role you got? Or did you get an e-mail with all the information?

Nothing on my dashboard has changed, with the one notable exception of it being empty on Monday(?) evening (and corrected at some early hour on Tuesday), before getting the email the following night at 10PM. I should note that I have not yet accepted the invitation; need to get the funds in order and make sure I get credit for two classes.

The email will direct you to a site that is not cp.disneycareers.com; your role is not in the email. If you're on the Facebook group, they are screencapturing the document which contains all your official details.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Nothing on my dashboard has changed, with the one notable exception of it being empty on Monday(?) evening (and corrected at some early hour on Tuesday), before getting the email the following night at 10PM. I should note that I have not yet accepted the invitation; need to get the funds in order and make sure I get credit for two classes.

The email will direct you to a site that is not cp.disneycareers.com; your role is not in the email. If you're on the Facebook group, they are screencapturing the document which contains all your official details.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

Thanks! Seems easy enough. If all else fails I can always call Disney for the info.

Hello everyone! I just scheduled my phone interview for next week. I am so excited. My top three roles are Merchandise, Vacation Planner and Hopper.

Any advice specific to my roles for my interview?

Hello everyone! I just scheduled my phone interview for next week. I am so excited. My top three roles are Merchandise, Vacation Planner and Hopper.

Welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Just take a deep breath and be your own happy self during your interview. For merch you'll probably be asked things like any experience you have with handling money, and what-if questions like what would you do if you saw a shoplifter or your store was out of stock of what a guest wanted.

For example, my top choices were Photopass and merch, and I was asked what I would do if I was in the middle of a task, the phone was ringing, and a guest came up to me, all at the same time!

Hopper and Vacation Planner I'm guessing they'll ask WHY you want to do those roles. Also be prepared to answer questions about why you want to do the program, how you'll handle roommates, and other random Disney questions like your favorite movie.

Just take a deep breath and be your own happy self during your interview. For merch you'll probably be asked things like any experience you have with handling money, and what-if questions like what would you do if you saw a shoplifter or your store was out of stock of what a guest wanted.

Hopper and Vacation Planner I'm guessing they'll ask WHY you want to do those roles. Also be prepared to answer questions about why you want to do the program, how you'll handle roommates, and other random Disney questions like your favorite movie.

I'd go as far as to write down your responses to those "why do you want to do ____" questions for sure so you won't be "ummm"ing in your interview. Just make points, that way you're organized and you don't forget anything important.

That's what I did, anyway. My phone interview is in two hours. :scared1:

And I keep hearing to "smile!" Even if they can't see you, they can hear it in your voice.

For example, my top choices were Photopass and merch, and I was asked what I would do if I was in the middle of a task, the phone was ringing, and a guest came up to me, all at the same time!

Thanks for the welcome!

I am pretty confident in handling myself for the interview. I've landed a job via phone before, so I'm not so nervous about the interview itself.

I've also worked at Target for 3 years, so I think I'll be able to pull from those experiences to answer any Merch questions!

I am just so anxious!!! Haha!

I'd go as far as to write down your responses to those "why do you want to do ____" questions for sure so you won't be "ummm"ing in your interview. Just make points, that way you're organized and you don't forget anything important.

That's what I did, anyway. My phone interview is in two hours. :scared1:

And I keep hearing to "smile!" Even if they can't see you, they can hear it in your voice.

That's a good idea to write those things down. And yes, I definitely agree that smiling helps on a phone interview.

Good luck on yours!

Thank you both for the advice! :)

I haven't had my interview yet, either, but some of the best advice I've heard is to sit in front of a mirror so you can catch yourself if you're not smiling and to have a bottle of water handy in case your throat goes dry. It's common for nervousness to cause a dry mouth and if you're coughing or smacking your lips, they'll pick up on it and realize you're nervous.

Best of luck to you!:goodvibes

Just had my phone interview about an hour ago. Lasted 15 minutes, went fairly well and I'm confident. But I'm still kinda bummed that they only asked me for my top 2 choices instead of 3. Now I feel like they're definitely gonna place me in Attractions. Not that I am against it, but I REALLY REALLY wanted BBB and she only asked me one BBB-related question and nothing about if I had any salon experience... kinda bummed because it was my dream position. I knew it was competitive though. We'll see...

Accepted yesterday- Spring 2012 Custodial!

I am so excited for the guest interaction involved with this role! I have heard so many good things about it and am super excited. I check in January 16th!!!

Is there any one with that check-in date?

I just had my phone interview!
This is my first post, but I've been stalking this board of the past 2 weeks picking up hints and stuff haha.

I was really nervous, cause I didnt pass the WBI last semester and I'd hate for my dreams to my dashed a 2nd time. But I think it went well. She only asked me about my top two as well concierge and hospitality. I know those are two positions that dont have alot of openings so at the end of the interview I tried to stress that I was open to anything else that I had "interest" in in my application.

She said it could take up to two weeks and that I was eligible for any position that I had interest in.

The only things that I think counted against me are 1) my phone didnt work!! I had it on, had good reception and was just waiting for the call. but she called by back up number, my roommate, cause her calls to my phone werent going through! I could kill sprint. 2) I said "front desk" is my top choice, but she had to correct me saying that front desk is only at DL, not DW, concierege is DW and 3) I have no merch/hotel experience, just alot of food and bev.

Oh well, its not up to me anymore. fingers crossed

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! SPRING 2012 ATTRACTIONS!!!!!

I found out TWO DAYS after my phone interview!

Now all that's left is my character audition and i'm set for Disney!!!!

Do they send an email if your accepted or denied? Mine still says thank you for interviewing. Where does their decision pop up on the dashboard?

You'll get an e-mail saying if you were accepted or denied or not. They send everyone the "Thank you for Applying" e-mail. You will receive another one within two weeks.

You'll get an e-mail saying if you were accepted or denied or not. They send everyone the "Thank you for Applying" e-mail. You will receive another one within two weeks.

I clicked on the Disney college Program link on my dashboard (to the left of my progress bar) for the first time because i was just wondering what it would do, and it brought up a tab that says.

"The job posting you are looking for has expired or the position has already been filled. If you are interested in one of our other opportunities, please visit our career site."

but it still says thank you for interviewing on my progress bar and my status is "in-progress". I never got a denial email either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter