Spring 2008 PI

I had my first interview for Guest Relations too! Now I'm waiting to hear from my other two...

I have not heard anything from Disney, not even a call to be scheduled for an initial interview. Is anyone else in this situation?? I know I meet all the requirements so I’m really not sure what’s going on. Any advice?

Yeah the same thing happened to my when I tried out for the fall07 interships. Nothing...just an email saying we have better people than you. :(

I'm really getting nervous now. I went to my profile to change the my start date, and got confused on why the system kept making new applications when I clicked on the position to take another look at them. I hope I didn't mess it up. I haven't gotten a call since my interview on September 12th, and I got the e-mail that I was selected to go further in the interviewing process.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I call someone about those extra applications or should I just leave them be and keep waiting? :confused3

TIA for your help.

I keep looking at housing in hopes that all goes well with my interviews. However, last semester every person I talked to in every interview asked me about housing and this year no one has mentioned anything yet. I was planning on finding my own since Northbridge is so far, but then I heard the rumor that they'd be housing PI's at Parc Vue. I've also heard they're making all PI's find housing on their own... I'm so confused!

Does anybody know if there is any truth to any of these rumors?

On my interview on friday, they told that I will have to provide my own housing. I interviewed for the management internships which are paid on salary, all of the other internships afaik are paid hourly and are offered housing in Northbridge, unless something has changed this year. I've been looking at housing as well since I live on campus and have to move out once I graduate. I am planning on living in the Hunter's Creek area, I find the area right around Disney a little too touristy for where I would want to live. I have not heard any rumor about Parc Vue providing house for PI's either, I know alot of Disney cast members live there though.

I keep looking at housing in hopes that all goes well with my interviews. However, last semester every person I talked to in every interview asked me about housing and this year no one has mentioned anything yet. I was planning on finding my own since Northbridge is so far, but then I heard the rumor that they'd be housing PI's at Parc Vue. I've also heard they're making all PI's find housing on their own... I'm so confused!

Does anybody know if there is any truth to any of these rumors?

They only asked me about housing on my first interview. I told them I wouldn't need it, so I guess they made a note of that.

Parc Vue is so close to property, much closer than Northbridge, so it would be better if you were placed there. You can get housing even if you find out in mid november though, you'll have no problem finding a place.

So I kind of feel like an idiot for saying screw you Disney. I guess I was just a little on the angry side. But, it a weird twist of fate, now that I've got a job waiting for me back home once my program ends, I got a call to schedule an interview!

I missed the call, but had a message saying to call back to schedule an interview for the Cast Deployment internship!

If I get the offer, I have no idea what I'll do, as it will put me much farther behind in school.. but I need a "real" internship to graduate. Who knows...

I hope the interview goes well though!

That's exactly why I'm trying not to panic. I know that I'm a good candidate. I'm hoping that they're just slow in the process.

I have not heard anything from Disney, not even a call to be scheduled for an initial interview. Is anyone else in this situation?? I know I meet all the requirements so I’m really not sure what’s going on. Any advice?

I'm totally in the same situation as you! I applied september 19th and still haven't heard anything. However, one of my managers who is in the department I'm applying for told me they've been making recruiting trips...that makes me nervous.However, I'm very qualified for the position and I have done quite a bit of networking so I'm trying to stay positive...however, if I just got the initial interview I would feel better.

Hey walker_l ~

I'm so glad I'm not the only one in this situation...but at the same time it's pretty lame that we both are!

I finally called the other day and they looked up my resume to make sure they received it and they said I was still in the running for all three of the positions I applied for.

Yay for super nice Disney people at the casting center...but they still did not calm my nerves.

Let me know when you hear something! Good luck!

I haven't heard anything either. I have been told Disney Design Group doesn't do their interviews like the other departments and that I could be waitin for a while before they make a decision. I am going to apply for the training at Disney Animation Studios for the Spring, so hopefully that goes through if this PI doesn't map out. I'm not worried yet.......just a little nervous!

I got a call for a second interview for the Labor Operations Cast Deployment Internship. Has anyone else gotten any word back on this or other similar internships?

Has anyone heard about anything in the Disney Event Group or the Wedding Dept.?

Has anyone heard about anything in the Disney Event Group or the Wedding Dept.?

Two of the three internships I applied for are with the DEG. That's the one I was told was making recruiting trips right now. Have you had the first interview yet? I have another friend who works for a premier event company and she hasn't even had an interview yet. I think that department might just be taking things slow.

Also, I have a friend who got an email from the department that said "just because you haven't heard from us doesn't mean we're not considering you, it just means we already have enough info on some people. I also have a lot of friends who got a "we're no longer considering you" email, so no news can be good news. Hang in there and good luck!

Two of the three internships I applied for are with the DEG. That's the one I was told was making recruiting trips right now. Have you had the first interview yet? I have another friend who works for a premier event company and she hasn't even had an interview yet. I think that department might just be taking things slow.

Also, I have a friend who got an email from the department that said "just because you haven't heard from us doesn't mean we're not considering you, it just means we already have enough info on some people. I also have a lot of friends who got a "we're no longer considering you" email, so no news can be good news. Hang in there and good luck!

Thanks for the reassurance! I assumed that since I was not a Hospitality/Tourism major, my stuff was just tossed by them... I'm going with your "no news is good news" theory for now!

Does anyone know how much they adhere to their "desired qualifications"? Also, I was just curious if there was a general statistic available about how many people apply for PI's every semester...

I got a call for a second interview for the Labor Operations Cast Deployment Internship. Has anyone else gotten any word back on this or other similar internships?

I did too! I have my second interview on Friday at 10:00. Congrads and good luck!

On my interview on friday, they told that I will have to provide my own housing. I interviewed for the management internships which are paid on salary, all of the other internships afaik are paid hourly and are offered housing in Northbridge, unless something has changed this year. I've been looking at housing as well since I live on campus and have to move out once I graduate. I am planning on living in the Hunter's Creek area, I find the area right around Disney a little too touristy for where I would want to live. I have not heard any rumor about Parc Vue providing house for PI's either, I know alot of Disney cast members live there though.

Hello! I am trying to find a roommmate! I live in the area but am looking to move closer. If you or anyone else is interested please message me! I am wanting to move as soon as possible!

I did too! I have my second interview on Friday at 10:00. Congrads and good luck!

I just had my first interview with them not even 5 minutes ago. I was nervous the entire time and honestly, I don't feel as if I did that well. I felt awkward and began worrying when I took time to think of an answer because nothing popped in my head right away, which made me more nervous.

They let me know that all decisions will be made by Nov. 2 (next week!) for the Cast Deployment Internship. Oi.. I ope I got it, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high since you're on interview 2, and I'm on interview one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter