Southwest Airlines 2 free flights credit card offer-What's the catch?

So does anyone have any idea how to get their hand on free ticket and $500 or the no fee card? Told DH about the 2 tickets and he said we should go someplace good (I am the Disney fan!). But he is thinking the Florida ticket is on the less expensive side and save the free ticket for a more expensive flight.

I just signed up for it and was approved. Hopefully this works out because I was really hoping to not have to drive to Orlando this year to save $. Flying means more time in the parks. Plus the money we'd use for plane tickets can go to an extra day or two at Walt Disney World! :banana:

Just signed up for the card that has 16 rapid reward credits, the gift cards based on spending, and no annual fee. They said it will take 15 days to get something in the mail if I am approved. Will still need to watch for a flight sale but at least we get some sort of a break. We pay everything on our cards and should hit the $5k with no problems.

We just got this same SW offer in the mail, the 2 free tickets, looks the same as the one online.

So annoyed. I waited forever to do this offer. Finally did it and I dido the one with 1 free roundtrip:scared1:

Grrrrr. No fair. Didn't even get my statement with the 1free flight. And now they have ¥%% 2:confused

Well... I went ahead and applied today, and it was approved. Of course I forgot to print and they didnt email confirmation as of yet. Hoping for the best on that.

Has anyone actually applied for cards in the wife then the husband's name on the same day? I wonder if I should let a day or two or a couple of weeks go by first. Not sure why, just feels strange to apply for the same card, same address!

I will be sure to print the pricing etc.. this time.. ugh!

DM Rick.. It was a Pal Mickey swap where you offered to hold it for a few days between people because we had no takers.. It was actually part of the first Pal Mickey Swap ever on the Dis! I was very very stupid and didn't participate in stroller swaps, or maybe when mine were little enough they weren't plentiful! Glad to hear you and your family are well!

Has anyone actually applied for cards in the wife then the husband's name on the same day? I wonder if I should let a day or two or a couple of weeks go by first. Not sure why, just feels strange to apply for the same card, same address!

Yes, and it was no problem. We both were instantly approved (also we both have other Chase cards, so that may have had an effect). We also activated the cards with the same agent. I activated mine and then passed the phone to him and he activated his.

Yes, we both did ours the same day the first time.
Yes, and it was no problem. We both were instantly approved (also we both have other Chase cards, so that may have had an effect). We also activated the cards with the same agent. I activated mine and then passed the phone to him and he activated his.

I called Chase RR Visa this morning to make sure the record is now straight and my two RT awards will be posted to my account. "Christina" tells me that the record still indicates only one RT award. So I give her the history and advise her that I have faxed everything twice already, but I will do so every day until this is corrected. She tells me she is escalating it to Marketing and no need for me to provide the documentation again.

Now she tells the the awards will post on or about March 3rd...too late to convert them to Freedom Awards as I had planned.

FYI - 2 RT Awards offer is STILL front and center on Southwest's website. I wonder how many others are forced to fight for the offer under which they signed up?

Print everything...

I didn't see your first post, where you said you were having a problem, but I will tell you that all four times we got two or more (we gave freinds names that also signed up and we got four round trips from giving their names) when I called and asked when they were expected to be posted, they told me one round trip ticket would be posted on such and such date. After the first time, I learned to not even argue with them that there should be two (or more), because the correct amount are always posted. However, one time (during the recruit a friend) they were very late posting it (our friends got theirs before we got ours), they gave me an extra one, because I had to wait so long..I love them.

March 3rd would be right..you don't get them until you get your card, use it, pay it, and then you get it on whatever is your posting date the following month.

I called Chase RR Visa this morning to make sure the record is now straight and my two RT awards will be posted to my account. "Christina" tells me that the record still indicates only one RT award. So I give her the history and advise her that I have faxed everything twice already, but I will do so every day until this is corrected. She tells me she is escalating it to Marketing and no need for me to provide the documentation again.

Now she tells the the awards will post on or about March 3rd...too late to convert them to Freedom Awards as I had planned.

FYI - 2 RT Awards offer is STILL front and center on Southwest's website. I wonder how many others are forced to fight for the offer under which they signed up?

Print everything...

Yay! It worked for both! Now on to the business of getting the cards, buying a pack of gum, paying it off and getting tickets!!!!

Thanks for this tip!

So me and my husband are approved w4 free flights! I printed the page saying we were approved, but mysteriously the 2 free flights part did not print, so I took a picture of it! I am ecstatic, cause we need 5 tickets and this is a huge savings...almost wants me to rebook at the Poly instead of POP, but I like to save my money:)

That was almost too easy. Thank you LidoDeck for the heads up about getting the run around on how many flights we get. I made sure to print out all the info. I did have to print a screen shot of the confirmation page because just like mom23kids said - the "2 free flights" did not show up when printing directly from the webiste.

Now I only hope it is as easy to use the free flights as it was to get approved. :)

Just stumbled upon this thread so what everyone is saying is you apply for the card and if approved you will get 2 free SW tickets after you make a purchase (ie, something small like food or gum) pay off the statement when you get it in the mail and the reward will show up on your account the following month?

Next once it's posted people are cancelling the card?

If so how do you keep your rewards? Is it just promotional credit that they give you to punch in when your buying your tickets?

Thanks.......

Once Chase posts them to your SW reward account (after you pay the bill..both the item you charged and the $59 fee), they are yours. They no longer are connected to the card. I pay online, so I get the payment over with fast.

Once thing that is important..you have to have your reward account set up with SW..and give the number to Chase. They have to have a place to put the reward tickets.

If so how do you keep your rewards? Is it just promotional credit that they give you to punch in when your buying your tickets?

Thanks.......

Once Chase posts them to your SW reward account (after you pay the bill..both the item you charged and the $59 fee), they are yours. They no longer are connected to the card. I pay online, so I get the payment over with fast.

Once thing that is important..you have to have your reward account set up with SW..and give the number to Chase. They have to have a place to put the reward tickets.

Cool I already have a SW reward account. So you can literally buy a pack of gum, pay off the card + the $59 fee, cancel the card and have 2 free tickets?

Do you all have any issues getting the dates you want?

Yes.

We have never had a problem getting seats if we book within a few days of open..and even if we didn't, as long as we could move our days ahead or back, we have done fine, even this past Christmas. We had to travel on Christmas Eve, instead of the day before. However, if you were a drinking person, you would have been happy..the alcohol drinks were free.

We did, however, wait until too long to go from NY to Tampa on Feb 24th..I tried to book last week, and they were so filled, I was out of luck. I had looked the end of Dec and it was wide open, so you can't wait til the last minute.
Cool I already have a SW reward account. So you can literally buy a pack of gum, pay off the card + the $59 fee, cancel the card and have 2 free tickets?

Do you all have any issues getting the dates you want?

Don't know the outcome yet but.....

I applied last month when they had the 1 free RT.....I just called to complain that they have the 2 free RT...and I didn't even get my statement yet.

They "sent me to marketing" to see what they can do.

It's worth a shot if anyone else did this as well.
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter