Southwest Airlines 2 free flights credit card offer-What's the catch?

I applied 2 weeks ago for another SW Chase offer. We got 1 free flight, after our first purchase. We just got the card and haven't used that flight yet. We also got $500 in GC/credit (?), which we haven't seen yet, either. I talked to the Chase rep I called to activate the card and she confirmed that we'll get all these things. I guess we'll see.

When I looked at the 1 free ticket and $500 GC credit offer, I saw the rules listed below.... to get $500 in credit, you would have to put $5000 on the card in 3 months. Not sure I could do that, so I think the 2 RT tickets is a better offer. Unless I am missing something?

Earn up to $500 in southwestgiftcards in the first three months just by using your card!1
You’ll receive a $100 southwestgiftcard once you have made $1,000 in purchases
You’ll receive an additional $150 southwestgiftcard once you reach a total of $2,500 in purchases
Then receive a $250 southwestgiftcard once you’ve made a total of $5,000 in purchases!
That's up to $500 in southwestgiftcards just for using your card on everyday purchases!1

Well if your bank would let you put your mortgage (or something big like that) on it then I suppose you could put $5000 on your card that way.. something that you have the money to pay right back so no interest accrues.

Bil told me today he applied for this card and was denied because he had another Chase card. I have the Disney Chase Visa so I'm thinking I may not apply after all. Don't want the credit inquiry if they are going to turn me down anyway!

We have two other Chase cards, (one is Disney). They had no problem giving us more, and once hubby canceled his, sending us an invite back, because they missed him, and giving him two more free trips and no yearly charge for the first year. But you have to do what it good for you.

Bil told me today he applied for this card and was denied because he had another Chase card. I have the Disney Chase Visa so I'm thinking I may not apply after all. Don't want the credit inquiry if they are going to turn me down anyway!

I have a Chase Visa, and a Disney Chase Visa and was still approved for the Southwest card. Maybe his was a relatively new account?

You're lucky..in our area, they will only let you put up to $1000 on it for a new car.

i see youre from upstate ny. i bought it in 05 (new,2 miles on it) and i lived in upstate ny at that time.

Does anyone know if Canadians can get the Southwest Credit Card?

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/promobox?int=HOMEPROMO1ACSEVSA110201

I see you have a $59 annual fee and have to pay a $10 fee for each roundtrip ticket but those fees are small in comparison to a ticket, let alone 2 tickets! Am I missing something here?

I have to purchse 4 tickets so this would be a huge help.

read the terms and make sure you agree. if you ever had a swa visa card before you don't qualify for the free tickets. that's the big one.

Upstate covers a large area. We tried to get the car at a place that would let us do that..and then we planned on rolling it over to another 0% card, but after spending a lot of time trying to find a place that would do it..it just didn't happen. I think you were lucky to find a car dealer that would do it.
Although I did have one that would, but I couldn't get the car at the $1500 and more under invoice price I had negotiated (which is not easy for a well selling, at the time, Toyota)..he wanted to raise the price of the car, to compensate for the cc charges. He said I had already made him give up his firstborn LOL! That wasn't worth it to us.

i see youre from upstate ny. i bought it in 05 (new,2 miles on it) and i lived in upstate ny at that time.

read the terms and make sure you agree. if you ever had a swa visa card before you don't qualify for the free tickets. that's the big one.
And I know it says that in the small print, however, if they want you, they will still give you the card and the free tickets. As I mentioned above, they invited us back, with 2 more free tickets and no yearly service charge after we canceled. And we pay the card off each month, however, they do get a good hunk of change from us via the merchants we charge with. I loved it when I had three kids in college at the same time, and we charged their tuition!

So if I apply and my husband applies, can we use the 4 free tickets together?? We need 5 but if I only have to pay for 1, that would be fabulous!

Yes, as long as you each qualify. Just be sure to not put each others names on your cards. They will suggest you do that, but if you do, you can't each get your own card.
So if I apply and my husband applies, can we use the 4 free tickets together?? We need 5 but if I only have to pay for 1, that would be fabulous!

Yes, as long as there is rewards availability, from the way I understand things..... Typically, awards ticket availability is limited.

Yes, as long as there is rewards availability, from the way I understand things..... Typically, awards ticket availability is limited.

Unless she gets her round trips after the new program is in place. Then all seats are reward seats if I'm reading it right. Even if not, if you book non holiday and don't wait too long, we've had good luck with getting seats.

Hey DM Rick! Thanks for the clarification, helped with my question too! I don't know if you remember, but we met up during a Pal Mickey swap a few years ago! How are you and your family doing?

Anyone have the number for the CC? I don't want to apply online, I am not getting a secured site to sign up!

I think we met during a stroller swap. We're doing well, thanks for asking.

Mom23kids: I would not sign up via phone. That seems to get screwed up.

Hey DM Rick! Thanks for the clarification, helped with my question too! I don't know if you remember, but we met up during a Pal Mickey swap a few years ago! How are you and your family doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter