Southwest Airlines 2 free flights credit card offer-What's the catch?

They have been giving them wayyy sooner than they said. All of us here may have gotten your hopes up to think it has to be right when the card closes (since most all of ours was sooner), but in reality, it could be 6-8 weeks.
If you cancel the card before they award them, you'll never get them. It's really a nice offer..we just may have to be a little patient, since they do say up front it may be 6-8 weeks.

I have a question for everyone that signed up for these offers...How long did you wait for your spending points to be transferred to your SW rapid rewards account? My account closed on the 16th (Saturday) and I assumed that the points would be there no later than Monday. Well, today is Thursday and still nothing. I am getting ready to cancel the card.:mad: Luckily my flights did not go on sale this week but I know it is going to happen soon and I am anxious!:hyper:

Thats the funny thing. I got my first 19200 points last month and my $500 in gift cards no problem. This is the first month closing with just getting points from purchases. I spent a lot this month and have enough points for another 1 way ticket. So I am anxious. Could not wait for my card to close on the 16th and now on the 21st, still no points in my rapid rewards account. Very frustrating. With Disney Visa, I get my points the day the card closes for the month. I do have to wait for bonus points but not the regular, everyday points. Not really sure why there is such a hold up.:rolleyes1

I have a question for everyone that signed up for these offers...How long did you wait for your spending points to be transferred to your SW rapid rewards account? My account closed on the 16th (Saturday) and I assumed that the points would be there no later than Monday. Well, today is Thursday and still nothing. I am getting ready to cancel the card.:mad: Luckily my flights did not go on sale this week but I know it is going to happen soon and I am anxious!:hyper:

I got the card about a month ago. I called sw today and the 20,000 points were already in both mine and my DH's account. So pleased! Now if only the fares would come down a little.

I applied and received this card approximately two months ago. The stipulations are that you must activate the card and use it at least once. There was no limit how much you had to charge. I used it for gas and then paid it off in it's entirety when the bill came due. Soon after making my initial purchase I did receive a bill ($59) for my annual fee. Of course Visa wants to get their money up front. I paid the bill and it was approximately a month later that I was notified that I now have (2) "free flights" anywhere that Southwest goes to. Of course my intention is to cancel the card after I use up my free flights. I have one year from time of issue of free flights to use them. And yes you do have to pay the ($5) 9/11 fee for each flight. Today, 04/22 I checked to see if it is still available and it wasn't. There is a new program for signing up for the card - I believe it is 20,000 points toward flights which is part of the new Rapid Rewards program.

Once the flights are moved over to SW, you can cancel the card. You do not still have to have the card to use those flights.

We did keep one card, because it's been useful to us, in getting more free flights.

Of course my intention is to cancel the card after I use up my free flights. I have one year from time of issue of free flights to use them. And yes you do have to pay the ($5) 9/11 fee for each flight. Today, 04/22 I checked to see if it is still available and it wasn't. There is a new program for signing up for the card - I believe it is 20,000 points toward flights which is part of the new Rapid Rewards program.

You don't with this card. Everyone has a date that the points are given. MIne is the 3rd of the month, my DH was the 15th. They do send them over to SW right away, but SW doesn't post them until your date.

With Disney Visa, I get my points the day the card closes for the month. I do have to wait for bonus points but not the regular, everyday points. Not really sure why there is such a hold up.:rolleyes1

Just in case you didn't get the flights you wanted, keep trying. I booked air for our travel dates, but the times were awful and we had lay-overs. I have been checking the flights periodically and noticed that the rates for one of my travel dates decreased a bit. Last month I called and was able to change my flight to MCO. My return flight was still really bad (leaving MCO at 8 AM -- would that mean a 5AM Magical Express?). Anyway, when I just looked about an hour ago, the flight price had decreased tremendously since I booked a few months ago. I called and they had plenty of availability on the non-stops. I jumped all over it! We now have our desired flight times.

What's the rule on when to use the free flights?? I got the old card that gave me 2 free flights, and these "expire" on 3/31/12. Does that mean I have to BOOK by then, or TRAVEL by then? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

What's the rule on when to use the free flights?? I got the old card that gave me 2 free flights, and these "expire" on 3/31/12. Does that mean I have to BOOK by then, or TRAVEL by then? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

You have to TRAVEL by that date.

I did it the end of September and received my ticket credits online in about 5wks I think. I actually did 4 oneways and purchased 2 more oneways on SWA then did 6 oneways on United (I also had points to use with United). It is for spring break and they were still available in December. My total for the 4 oneways was $10 ($2.50 per ticket--one way)

Side note: the 2 tickets I paid for on SWA went down in price by $25 each so I received a credit for $50 which I used for an unrelated trip for my MIL

--

It takes 5 weeks to get the ticket credits ?

Really ... You have to complete travel by the date ... I really thought you just had to book by that date !!!! Wow do you just loose the free flights :scared1:
I got the card to get early summer flights but by the time they where in the account to use it was too late to get the non stop flights so I thought I would use them for in the summer of 2012 but they will have expire by then :scared1::scared1:

I just applied and was approved for this deal, but realized that I forgot to fill in my Rapid Rewards number on the application.... Anyone know how they credit your points if you didn't list a RR account number?

I just applied and was approved for this deal, but realized that I forgot to fill in my Rapid Rewards number on the application.... Anyone know how they credit your points if you didn't list a RR account number?

This deal was over months ago.......

The link is offering 50,000 points for a premier SW card - $99 annual fee. As of this AM, it is acceptig applications.

This is not the same offer that started this initial thread.

Is is a new offer on their rewards point system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter