Soulmates plan our committment ceremony!

Here are the lyrics to our 1st dance together...I've heard this song a MILLION times..however, recently, driving home from work, I actually listened to the words and they are SO moving and SO appropriate for us. We will play this one, sung by Arthea, of course! ;)

Lookin' out on the mornin' rain
I used to feel uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Oh it made me feel so tired

Before the day I met you
Life was so unkind
But your love was the key to my peace of mind

Cause you make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel
Like a natural woman

When my soul was in the lost and found
You came along to claim it
I didn't know just what was wrong with me
Oh till your kiss helped me name it

Now I'm no longer doubtful
Of what I'm livin' for
Cause if I make you happy
I don't need to do more

Cause you make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel
Like a natural woman

Oh baby what you've done to me
You make me feel so good inside
Good inside
And I, I just wanna be close to you
Because you make me feel so alive
Oh what you've done to me
Close to you because you make me feel so alive

You make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel
Like a natural woman
Woman

You make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel
Like a natural woman

You make me feel
Oh baby what you do to me
Can make me feel so good inside
I just wanna be, I just wanna be
Oh what you've done
Natural woman

ahoy!

firstly... i would see if there are any other videographers in your area and see what they will quote you.. but for 685, i dont think you can go wrong- you might be able to neogiate with him and say you only want 1 or 2 dvds ... and that might drop the price, and if you think he looks pretty reasonable then go for it if you can squeeze it in! Just think, as well as your photos, a video is something else you can look back on, and i think its worth the investment. I dont think we will be able to afford video, but if we can, then i would have it.

Your daughters are stunning! and your son looks so handsome!

I read through the readings and they are so lovely- the reading that Aaron will read is great! - im sure he will put a bit of his humour in the reading and he will have you all chuckling!

Also, the song choice is so nice- especially as it has so much meaning for you. We found a song, and the words are so appropiate for us- Have a little faith in me but john hyatt- well we think it will be our song, some people dont like it! If the song has meaning to you, then go for it! sometimes you dont actually listen to the words in a song, but when you do, you realise what a great song it is- perfect example of the song you have chosen!

ahoy!

firstly... i would see if there are any other videographers in your area and see what they will quote you.. but for 685, i dont think you can go wrong- you might be able to neogiate with him and say you only want 1 or 2 dvds ... and that might drop the price, and if you think he looks pretty reasonable then go for it if you can squeeze it in! Just think, as well as your photos, a video is something else you can look back on, and i think its worth the investment. I dont think we will be able to afford video, but if we can, then i would have it.

Your daughters are stunning! and your son looks so handsome!

I read through the readings and they are so lovely- the reading that Aaron will read is great! - im sure he will put a bit of his humour in the reading and he will have you all chuckling!

Also, the song choice is so nice- especially as it has so much meaning for you. We found a song, and the words are so appropiate for us- Have a little faith in me but john hyatt- well we think it will be our song, some people dont like it! If the song has meaning to you, then go for it! sometimes you dont actually listen to the words in a song, but when you do, you realise what a great song it is- perfect example of the song you have chosen!

Thanks SO much Stacey!! I did check into other local videographers, and this one was the least expensive. Most of them started at $1000.00 :scared1: Just outta our price range. But I'll ask what the price will be with just 1 DVD. We can make copies for family later, good idea! ;)

I think my children are beautiful too, but I'm biased.:rolleyes1 And yes, I'm SURE Aaron will put ALOT of his personality in his reading, its' why I chose that one for him. This is just one of the reason's I want a video, to capture THOSE kinds of moments! Soooo hoping we can work that out. :thumbsup2

Stacey, just listend to your song, LOVE it. Perfect song, can't imagine anyone NOT like that...it's very romantic! :thumbsup2

its us you know, the words fit us well- its like the story of us having faith in each other the whole time... we like it!:goodvibes

If the words in the song mean something to you, then its your song. I really love the music to a Bruce Springsteen song, its slow and sounds nice-but its actually a sad song - i never listened to the lyrics before, i just liked the sound! i think its sad eyes?

With your song, i have never really read the lyrics properly until today- and wow, its some strong stuff! Its really lovely- and the words mean something to you both, which makes it even more romantic.

its us you know, the words fit us well- its like the story of us having faith in each other the whole time... we like it!:goodvibes

If the words in the song mean something to you, then its your song. I really love the music to a Bruce Springsteen song, its slow and sounds nice-but its actually a sad song - i never listened to the lyrics before, i just liked the sound! i think its sad eyes?

With your song, i have never really read the lyrics properly until today- and wow, its some strong stuff! Its really lovely- and the words mean something to you both, which makes it even more romantic.

Your SO right and that 1st dance is one you'll remember for ALWAYS. I don't know about you, but I didn't want to dance to a song that EVERYONE has used. I wanted something unique. Every relationship is unique, you know? It seems there was a time when every wedding I went to, the bride & her father were dancing to Butterfly Kisses...while it's a VERY tender & touching song, I think it's way over used. Just my opinion! ;)

Here is our Invites. I've erased the where part, for obvious reasons.

We may fiddle with is some more...but I LOVE the hidden mickey!!

Ourinvites-1.jpg

Thanks SO much Stacey!! I did check into other local videographers, and this one was the least expensive. Most of them started at $1000.00 :scared1: Just outta our price range. But I'll ask what the price will be with just 1 DVD. We can make copies for family later, good idea! ;)

I think my children are beautiful too, but I'm biased.:rolleyes1 And yes, I'm SURE Aaron will put ALOT of his personality in his reading, its' why I chose that one for him. This is just one of the reason's I want a video, to capture THOSE kinds of moments! Soooo hoping we can work that out. :thumbsup2

wow- then its a sure bargain, and thats so cool he sent you the dvds too- you should ask about the dvd thing, nothing wrong in asking to get your price down so you dont have to 'squeeze' so much! hehe!

Hey- all parents are biased! hehe!! It would be so great to get a speech like his on video that you can look back on and think 'wow, he did a great job, look how he made us laugh, look how much he put into it'. Im sure your daughters will give their speech in their own way too!

Your SO right and that 1st dance is one you'll remember for ALWAYS. I don't know about you, but I didn't want to dance to a song that EVERYONE has used. I wanted something unique. Every relationship is unique, you know? It seems there was a time when every wedding I went to, the bride & her father were dancing to Butterfly Kisses...while it's a VERY tender & touching song, I think it's way over used. Just my opinion! ;)

I AGREEEEE! over in the UK, a very normal song would be like, have i told you lately that i love you, or youre still the one ect- old, over used songs, and i have been to too many weddings where i thought, everyone loves the songs and the words are lovely, but for me, we wanted something so different, and no one has heard of this john hyatt and i think thats why they dont like it as much, but WE like it! hehe! Its something thats unique to us, and i like the fact that no one has heard of it-but what matters more to me are the words.

half past the hour of three - i am LOVING this wording-i may even ahem, *borrow this wording... only mine would be half past the hour of two...!

We have been mulling over the idea of having our ceremony & reception video taped professionally. We did find a company who seems awesome. I explained it would be a quick ceremony, maybe 15 minutes, no attendants, just us & 3 readings. The owner of the company was SO willing to personalize a package for us, to meet our needs. He sent over a quote & contract yesterday. Wondering if anyone else is doing this and are willing to share prices? I have nothing to compare this to really. I DO know he seems the most reasonable. He sent over 2 DVD's full of wedding's he's done, so I have seen his work and am impressed. He's doing a short pre-ceremony taping, the ceremony, cocktail hour of our guests, some stills of us during picture taking and the reception, for $685, tax included, bottom price. We get 3 DVD's after. We will have to SQUEEZE this out of our budget, and I mean SQUEEZE. I decided yesterday to cut out the flowers at the reception tables and go with the ECHO FRIENDLY "Fruit in the Vase" look. LOVE that idea!! Any way, just wondering if anyones' looked into this.

Thanks!

Chris

AH HA!!! I knew i'd turn some onw over to the edible centerpiece idea!!!:yay:
DF and I have thrown around the idea of doing a video of our wedding but we decided not to. I did get a quote but i have so many emails saved in my "wedding" file that i can't seem to find it! :upsidedow If i do find it i'll PM you the quote i got.

But back to the whole edible centerpiece thing.... what kind of fruit would you be using? You could do anything... if you wanted to keep with the fall theme you could do red apples and those small pumpkins! :idea:

Goodness i missed a whole page!!!

Anywhooooo... I love your first dance song.. i have always loved that song!

Your invites are beautiful! I love the hidden mickey... extremely cute!

DF and I have thrown around the idea of doing a video of our wedding but we decided not to. I did get a quote but i have so many emails saved in my "wedding" file that i can't seem to find it! :upsidedow If i do find it i'll PM you the quote i got.

But back to the whole edible centerpiece thing.... what kind of fruit would you be using? You could do anything... if you wanted to keep with the fall theme you could do red apples and those small pumpkins! :idea:

OOOH YEAH! I love this idea, i can just imagine a vase or basket filled with loads of fall fruits like pumpkins...berries.... red grapes... red apples ... oranges ...you could even add some nuts in there, like those traditional christmas nuts-are they walnuts? haha excuse the colours.. i just wanted to see what the colours look like together! im loving it!

half past the hour of three - i am LOVING this wording-i may even ahem, *borrow this wording... only mine would be half past the hour of two...!

I've changed some it since we printed. The very ending will say, "Cocktail Hour & Buffet to follow"..sounds more elegant.;)
Borrow girl, I've "Borrowed" SEVERAL ideas! ;)

I love the idea of those small pumpkins. I may change it up, some tables have apples, some have pumpkins, some have berries...btw, on the very BOTTOM of the vase, it looks like ice cubes, but I know their not..what is that?

Oh and Your children are adorable! :)

Thanks, their my world :love:

Goodness i missed a whole page!!!

Anywhooooo... I love your first dance song.. i have always loved that song!

Your invites are beautiful! I love the hidden mickey... extremely cute!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Looking over at your PJ too, on my downtime here at work, loving it!

OOOH YEAH! I love this idea, i can just imagine a vase or basket filled with loads of fall fruits like pumpkins...berries.... red grapes... red apples ... oranges ...you could even add some nuts in there, like those traditional christmas nuts-are they walnuts? haha excuse the colours.. i just wanted to see what the colours look like together! im loving it!

Those are GREAT ideas Stacey, your SO creative!! :hug:

Here are my Save the Dates! My scanning isn't the best, but you get the idea! The cards are on very nice cream color card stock, and the lettering is in gold. We've since changed our minds on the positioning of the C's...Christy liked the C's looking like this, CC. So when my friend prints them up next month, I'll upload the final product.

savethedates-1.jpg

loving the save the dates ...'STDS!' tehehe!

i really think you should include pumpkins in your day somehow, whether they be in the centerpieces or placed somewhere in the house ... or even a few placed outside on them steps? Do you have a 'pumpkin patch' near you? We can only buy from supermarkets over here, but this year i grew my own pumpkin...its average size.. but is still green!! hahaa! They can be quite expensive, but sometimes you can find bargains and get huge ones for like £2!

Sorry to bombard with ideas but this whole fall theme gets me excited!!

loving the save the dates ...'STDS!' tehehe!

i really think you should include pumpkins in your day somehow, whether they be in the centerpieces or placed somewhere in the house ... or even a few placed outside on them steps? Do you have a 'pumpkin patch' near you? We can only buy from supermarkets over here, but this year i grew my own pumpkin...its average size.. but is still green!! hahaa! They can be quite expensive, but sometimes you can find bargains and get huge ones for like £2!

Sorry to bombard with ideas but this whole fall theme gets me excited!!

No, I LOVE the ideas Stacey...that's a great idea. Thanks!!!:hug:

Here are my Save the Dates! My scanning isn't the best, but you get the idea! The cards are on very nice cream color card stock, and the lettering is in gold. We've since changed our minds on the positioning of the C's...Christy liked the C's looking like this, CC. So when my friend prints them up next month, I'll upload the final product.

savethedates-1.jpg

I Love the STD! (hehehe i had the same reaction when i first saw that :lmao: )

And i love the idea of different fruit on each table. thats how you could do place cards!!! Like Mr and mrs. so and so over to the Cranberry table and have their place card cranberry colored. O0o0o0o the gears are turning!!!

i dont know what those ice looking things are on the bottom but there are those gel ball things at craft store that you can put on the bottom. :thumbsup2

I Love the STD! (hehehe i had the same reaction when i first saw that :lmao: )

And i love the idea of different fruit on each table. thats how you could do place cards!!! Like Mr and mrs. so and so over to the Cranberry table and have their place card cranberry colored. O0o0o0o the gears are turning!!!

i dont know what those ice looking things are on the bottom but there are those gel ball things at craft store that you can put on the bottom. :thumbsup2

VERY cute idea. Thanks about the gel tip, bet I can find them at Michaels. My plan for place cards, was to do something like, "Magic awaits you at table Aurora, table Cinderella, table Ariel...I can get away with it, since 80 % of my guests will be women!! ;)

hehe to add to the gel idea... you can get the table scatter crystals....if you look around you can get them for very cheap! you could put them in the jars / or baskets with the fruit?

Like Fall/ Winter you get frost/snow...so the crystals or the gel could be like the symbol of frost or winter on the fruits? Just throw the crystals all over the fruit! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter