• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Soulmates plan our committment ceremony!

oh yeah- that 'newer' ring is really nice- its so unusual and different - thats what i like in jewellery, something unusual!

that overstock website looks too good to be true!

oh lordy... DF better take my card and hide it somewhere!! there is so many good things on that site!

oh yeah- that 'newer' ring is really nice- its so unusual and different - thats what i like in jewellery, something unusual!

that overstock website looks too good to be true!

oh lordy... DF better take my card and hide it somewhere!! there is so many good things on that site!

I know Stacey, I saw SOOOO many things I'd love right now..however trying to stay focused on my ceremony and ALL the things I keep ADDING to my list of MUST have!! ;)

Chris

Ok i'm here i'm here i'm here!!!!

I love everything you've picked out so far! I love the coasters, the gold dress is simply stunning, that cake is amazing!, and the historical home you rented is breath taking! With our weddings so close together i look forward to following your plans!

Ok i'm here i'm here i'm here!!!!

I love everything you've picked out so far! I love the coasters, the gold dress is simply stunning, that cake is amazing!, and the historical home you rented is breath taking! With our weddings so close together i look forward to following your plans!

Thanks Katie!! I hope we can share ideas. The planning part is really the most fun. When it gets closer, our nerves will be SHOT I'm sure!!! :lmao: We've budgeted the ceremony AND our honeymoon and we start in January...basically I have the holidays to enjoy and then starting the 1st of the year, there will be NO more going out to dinner and shopping sprees. :sad1: I'm also on my elliptical EVERY day now...do you Twitter? I do.

Chris

haha we have agreed the same! We can spend and enjoy up until christmas and then its some hard hard saving! Well its more I can enjoy the spending now, and i need to stop at christmas! :rotfl:

Do you know when you will go try on your dress / or do you know how long it takes to make? (i got my dress on Saturday and it takes until next June/ July to make!:scared1:)

just piping in here quickly.. I think the dress mine and the bridal party was the most nerve wracking part of the whole wedding planning for me LOL

The delay and the wait wait wait is unnerving. I had my dress custom made and boy that seemed to take forever.

Well, just when I thought I KNEW what we were getting, the DP sent THIS picture today, and said she LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! Guess these will be the rings. Have to say though, these are MUCH nicer! She know's me sooo well! ;)
Ourrings.jpg

I LOVE the dress, the house, the cake & the 2nd ring. Everything seems to be falling into place, it's kinda scary, isn't it? We have the same plans as you, regarding the up coming holidays, we will buy the kids, 1 very nice gift and some smaller ones. Then starting January 1st, everything goes into the savings :scared1: I just keep thinking.. IT'S ALL FOR DISNEY!!! :banana:

Guess we're ALL on the same page! As for the dress, I'm ordering it in April. I'll know when I get it how Far or Close I am to fitting in it. I figure, if I need to send it back and go up or down a size that gives me time. It's not from a bridal store here, have to order online. THAT'S what the stress will start! :scared1:

I've already got our budget in a word doc. I keep adjusting as we go...not much room left. I've even budgeted in spending money. I'm really going to have to stick w/ our plan, because there is nothing I'm willing to NOT have! ;)

Sooo, looks like January we'll all be IN THE ZONE!!! At least we have eachother to cry on eachother's shoulders!! :laughing:

We'll be wearing these to DW!!! Great thing about us both being girls, we can MATCH!!

BSHIRT3.jpg

Thanks Katie!! I hope we can share ideas. The planning part is really the most fun. When it gets closer, our nerves will be SHOT I'm sure!!! :lmao: We've budgeted the ceremony AND our honeymoon and we start in January...basically I have the holidays to enjoy and then starting the 1st of the year, there will be NO more going out to dinner and shopping sprees. :sad1: I'm also on my elliptical EVERY day now...do you Twitter? I do.

Chris

We'll be wearing these to DW!!! Great thing about us both being girls, we can MATCH!!

BSHIRT3.jpg

We're saving and saving ans more saving too! We dont go out nearly as much as we should :sad2: But its for a good reason! I dont have twitter (i know i'm behind on the times) but i do facebook! PM me if you're on facebook so i can friend you!

And I LOVE that shirt! where did you find it?

oh my gosh, i dont even do facebook let alone twitter... i dont get it all! i only get my dis boards!

totally loving the idea of matching tees! if only i got get DF to wear some nice pink tees with bride in diamontes on it:confused3 hehehe - would you get the mickey hats and pins?!!! you totally should- you never know, you might get some treats at Disney!

Hopping over from the wedding dress thread. Your dress is beautiful. Trying to convince my DP to get hitched, well as hitched as the law will allow. :) Looking forward to joining you on your journey.

(PS I already have a dress picked out :laughing: )

oh my gosh, i dont even do facebook let alone twitter... i dont get it all! i only get my dis boards!

totally loving the idea of matching tees! if only i got get DF to wear some nice pink tees with bride in diamontes on it:confused3 hehehe - would you get the mickey hats and pins?!!! you totally should- you never know, you might get some treats at Disney!

I Twitter because I like to follow celebs, drives DP CRAZY!:scared1: The Tshirts, there are SOOO many over at Cafe Press, I bet you two could find some cute Bride & Grooms ones!! However, IF DF does wear the pink one, I wanna see the pics!! :lmao:

I love that 'Bride' T-Shirt! :goodvibes

Bob xoxox

Thanks, it was a great find!

Hopping over from the wedding dress thread. Your dress is beautiful. Trying to convince my DP to get hitched, well as hitched as the law will allow. :) Looking forward to joining you on your journey.

(PS I already have a dress picked out :laughing: )

Thanks for following. You already have the dress picked?? Then "On with the show Honey!" Yes, I wish we could do this legally. Still hard to belive EVERYONE has rights in this country but gays & lesbians, seems odd to say, only a select FEW can live "The American Dream". Until then, we take whateversteps we can to move forward. I will be legally hyphenating my last name, and am VERY excited about that. Good news, both our last names start with P, so the monograming stays the same! ;)

We have been mulling over the idea of having our ceremony & reception video taped professionally. We did find a company who seems awesome. I explained it would be a quick ceremony, maybe 15 minutes, no attendants, just us & 3 readings. The owner of the company was SO willing to personalize a package for us, to meet our needs. He sent over a quote & contract yesterday. Wondering if anyone else is doing this and are willing to share prices? I have nothing to compare this to really. I DO know he seems the most reasonable. He sent over 2 DVD's full of wedding's he's done, so I have seen his work and am impressed. He's doing a short pre-ceremony taping, the ceremony, cocktail hour of our guests, some stills of us during picture taking and the reception, for $685, tax included, bottom price. We get 3 DVD's after. We will have to SQUEEZE this out of our budget, and I mean SQUEEZE. I decided yesterday to cut out the flowers at the reception tables and go with the ECHO FRIENDLY "Fruit in the Vase" look. LOVE that idea!! Any way, just wondering if anyones' looked into this.

Thanks!

Chris

Thought I'd post my 2 daughters. They'll be doing a reading each. The girl on the left, is my baby, Abby. The middle one is my niece, and the young woman on the end, is my middle child, Amanda!

3prettygirls.jpg

Here is my son Aaron & his new bride Michelle! He will also do a reading for us.
AARONMICHELLEBLACKANDWHITE.jpg

This is the 1st reading, my son Aaron will read this. I thought since he's our family's COMIC RELIEF, this was PERFECT for him to read. We are ALL comedians' in our family, but he & I share the same sense of humor!

Reading for the ceremony!

Oh the Places You’ll Go - Dr Seuss
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
You are the couple who’ll decide where to go.
You’ll look up and down streets. Look ‘em over with care.
About some you will say, “We don’t choose to go there.”
With your heads full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you’re too smart to go down, any not-so-good street.
And you may not find any
you’ll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you’ll head straight out of town.
It’s opener there
in the wide open air,
Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.
And when things start to happen,
don’t worry. Don’t stew.
Just go right along.
You’ll start happening too.
OH! THE PLACES YOU’LL GO!
You’ll be on your way up!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the high fliers
who soar to great heights!
You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have all the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang, and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly you’ll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
Except when you don’t.
Because sometimes, you won’t.
You’ll get mixed up of course,
as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up
with so many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with great care and great tact
and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)
KIDS, YOU’LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
So, be your name Buxbaum or Dowrie or Bass
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O’Shea,
you’re off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So … get on your way!

Here is the 2nd reading, my daughter Amanda will read.

Looking For Your Face”, by Rumi “ (back to top of page)
“From the beginning of my life I have been looking for your face, but today I have seen it. Today I have seen the charm, the beauty, the unfathomable grace of the face that I was looking for. Today I have found you, and those who laughed and scorned me yesterday are sorry that they were not looking as I did. I am bewildered by the magnificence of your beauty, and wish to see you with a hundred eyes. My heart has burned with passion and has searched forever for this wondrous beauty that I now behold. I am ashamed to call this love human, and afraid of God to call it divine. Your fragrant breath, like the morning breeze, has come to the stillness of the garden. You have breathed new life into me. I have become your sunshine, and also your shadow. My soul is screaming. Every fiber of my being is in love with you. Your being has lit a fire in my heart, and you have made radiant for me the earth and sky. My arrow of love has arrived at the target. I am in the house of mercy, and my heart is a place of prayer.”

This will be the last reading, read by the youngest, Abby.

From Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - by Louis Bernieres:
Love is a temporary madness; it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out ,whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the emotion of eternal passion. That is just being in love, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter