Something About Nothing..........#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all...I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday. I think I had some sort of 24 hour bug that started late Friday night. :sick:

Morning homies
Glad your feeling better Todd :goodvibes

morning homies.

todd, i'm sorry you were under the weather and sick this weekend.

isn't that how it always goes, you have great plans for a friday, get a bug and feel sick but recover in time to go to work on monday.

some things just aren't aren't fair!!

hey all!

we had freezing rain yesterday, then snow; all while i was out shopping:eek:

glad DH came along or i would've sat until the snow plow/salt came thru...traction control on most of the way home (think windy back co road up &down hills, bleech)...didn't leave the house today give them time to do their thing:) . gave me time to start a-wrapping the goodies & get ready for Steelers game:cheer2:

todd - guess a 24 hr bug is better than a 48 hr one? glad ur feeling better:surfweb: surf the web & call us in the morning lol

marci - thanks for the links, im not sure if he is seriously interested in the academies...2 kids on street got appointments & seemed to like it...along with ex's cousin. At least we can check it out now:goodvibes , guidance dept @ our school stinks. PS is there any sort of alumni thing that would help ur sons get in? imo, there should be a preference policy. Im just not sure jr is miliatry material:rolleyes: ; sure would be a good way to find out!

have a good day all

Afternoon all ...

Well ... no more rain (or snow) thank goodness ... but it is a bit chilly here today (only 16F).

Glad to hear you're feeling better Todd ... bummer that you couldn't make the Mannheim concert last night. I heard it was awesome.

Hi all-
Went to the DVC/ DIS Podcast Dismeet this morning at Doorway to Dreams in the Chicago area (Woodfield Mall). Met at 8am!(too early for me, but went anyways). The usual DVC presentation, CMs trying to sell DVC and points, which I resist anyways. I only went to the Meet to meet up with some Disers :thumbsup2
Met up with Geffric( Mac knows her), CarolAnneC, Crissup, Dan Murphy(I think most of you know Dan), Briar Rosie, and LaurieBearz :cool1:
One of the CMs there, as a hostess, was BethanyF (I know her from my school dist quite awhile ago) :thumbsup2 She surprised me as she greeted me at the Doorway to Dreams entrance :laughing: as I didn't know she was working there.
There were a ton of other Disers(from the DIS podcast), but I don't know them. After the DVC presentation and some chatting, Geffric and I went to the Disney Store for awhile, then I went home.

I won a Lego car set, from Doorway to Dreams :cool1: :banana:
Unfortunately, I didn't take pics, as it was mostly a DVC presentation.

Hi to all :wave2:

Very tired now. I think I'll take a nap.

i'm not into the dvc thing of disney. there are a few disney homies that are on this thread and i can only think of 2 that are into dvc.

but, if universal ever had any type of presentation within a 100 mile radius from me, i would be the first person to be there!!

have i ever told you how much i enjoy Universal.......:laughing:

whenever i go there, it is always the perfect vacation.
i get to relax and not have to plan the days in advance.
HHN is the only time i do plan but not much to that except to be in the park before 5:00........:laughing:

i truly enjoy the parks there, the hotels are super and i have not had a horrible meal in the parks.
city walk is good also.

some day i hope to make it there when it is Christmas time.
but then, i wouldn't be living up here in the north when that happens.
i want to meet the Grinch so bad!!
he's my type of person :rolleyes1

with snow and ice, getting out of chicago can be iffy on some dates.

i stay home and don't travel during the winter time.
winter and airports are don't always agree

i was counting on my fingers the number of homies on this thread that get cold, ice or snow during the winter time.

i think there are a lot of them!

i do wish i was in the minority for that.....:sad2:

i'm not into the dvc thing of disney. there are a few disney homies that are on this thread and i can only think of 2 that are into dvc.

but, if universal ever had any type of presentation within a 100 mile radius from me, i would be the first person to be there!!

have i ever told you how much i enjoy Universal.......:laughing:

whenever i go there, it is always the perfect vacation.
i get to relax and not have to plan the days in advance.
HHN is the only time i do plan but not much to that except to be in the park before 5:00........:laughing:

i truly enjoy the parks there, the hotels are super and i have not had a horrible meal in the parks.
city walk is good also.

some day i hope to make it there when it is Christmas time.
but then, i wouldn't be living up here in the north when that happens.
i want to meet the Grinch so bad!!
he's my type of person :rolleyes1

with snow and ice, getting out of chicago can be iffy on some dates.

i stay home and don't travel during the winter time.
winter and airports are don't always agree

i was counting on my fingers the number of homies on this thread that get cold, ice or snow during the winter time.

i think there are a lot of them!

i do wish i was in the minority for that.....:sad2:

I agree, I'm not into the DVC spiel either. I just go to do the Meet only :thumbsup2 I don't have the $$ for that kind of thing. Peeps that do, more power to them :thumbsup2 I was told the peep that coordinated this DIS podcast meet, it was supposed to be a non- pressure DVC presentation. Well... the CMs were pressuring to sell this morning :rolleyes1

I was thinking earlier, it would be very nice to have a Universal store. Even if it's at Woodfield Mall, tho it would have to probably be at the other end of the mall, far away from the Doorway to Dreams. Too much fighting and name calling between the 2 stores :scared: :sad2:
The main CM that did the DVC presentation this AM was really against Universal :sad2: :rolleyes:

Hey Mac, maybe you and I should start a Universal store at the mall ?? :laughing: ;) Just a thought.
I know a long time ago, Woodfield had a Warner Brothers store, selling clothes,etc. It closed quite awhile ago.

i don't do the woodfield mall.
i can't stand it.

there are better malls near me.

woodfield mall is one and a half hour drive for me one way.....
nothing there that is of interest to me to go that far

Janet - yeah, you could at least have him apply for the summer stuff and get an idea of the odds of him getting in, and then if he goes for a week, a good idea of whether or not it's for him. Hey, it's a free education, right?! ;) Our guys wouldn't get any actual advantage, but since they have to do interviews, etc., it would be a way of them presenting that they know what they're getting into and are serious about it. On the flip side, though, then they have to work just as hard to convince them that they're doing it for themselves, not mom and dad.

Mac, I wish I wasn't in the majority of snow/ice folks either. 8-12 inches they're now saying for tomorrow night into Tuesday?! We got another few yesterday and I'm sick of it already! Matt starts his first Physical Therapy (he messed up his knee and back in soccer) Tuesday and I really hope it's not cancelled because it was hard to get in for this!

I did my first Masters' Swim Meet last night. Qualified for nationals in the 50 free and 50 back. Swam 3 other events and got 4 firsts and a second overall. Kind of combined all ages and genders so really weird. Anyways, Royce taped my 50 with the camera. Tried to put it on youtube, but I don't know if it will work. Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rb_Rbvcrew

I'm the one in blue cap in the middle of the field (who wins! ;) ). I'm sore today, but I think it's from the cold water and cold air more than the actual swimming. I could just feel my neck and shoulder muscles tightening up as I jumped in each time! Off to do Christmas cards - enjoy! Oh, and Katie - before you make too much fun of my time, this was a Short Course Meters pool, not yards, which I've never swam in before. Still a pretty pathetic time, but not quite as bad!

Hey guys...thanks for all the well wishes. Just stopping by on my way to bed and I don't know about some of you but...I wasn't happen with The Amazing Race winners. Nick and Starr ran a good race but I never liked Nick from the beginning. I was hoping Ken and Tina would beat them but they stole the moment when Ken pulled out the rings and had everyone in tears.

Have a good Monday!

Ja
Mac, I wish I wasn't in the majority of snow/ice folks either. 8-12 inches they're now saying for tomorrow night into Tuesday?! We got another few yesterday and I'm sick of it already! Matt starts his first Physical Therapy (he messed up his knee and back in soccer) Tuesday and I really hope it's not cancelled because it was hard to get in for this!

I did my first Masters' Swim Meet last night. Qualified for nationals in the 50 free and 50 back. Swam 3 other events and got 4 firsts and a second overall. Kind of combined all ages and genders so really weird. Anyways, Royce taped my 50 with the camera. Tried to put it on youtube, but I don't know if it will work. Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rb_Rbvcrew

I'm the one in blue cap in the middle of the field (who wins! ;) ). I'm sore today, but I think it's from the cold water and cold air more than the actual swimming. I could just feel my neck and shoulder muscles tightening up as I jumped in each time! Off to do Christmas cards - enjoy! Oh, and Katie - before you make too much fun of my time, this was a Short Course Meters pool, not yards, which I've never swam in before. Still a pretty pathetic time, but not quite as bad!

i think you did swimmingly great marci!
you know, katie the nemo fish is proud of you!!

but don't let her shave any initials into the side of your head cause you won.:rolleyes1

i was watching the local weather besides the weather channel and our newest snowfall will start sometime tuesday. ours will be coming from the panhandle and can have a 1000 mile sweep up thru minnesota.
don't know yet how much we will be hit by but predicted to be a lot for us here. what we received today was minor compared to what is coming soon.
i'm not sure you are in the forecast for tuesday storm coming in.
it will be a real snow system that hits.

how bad is matt's knee? i'm doing PT now for mine and it is a slow process.
hopefully, his session won't be cancelled. he can learn the exercises at home to help strengthen the quads and other muscles depending on what part he injured.

I'm with you Mac ... while it might be good for some people, we would never buy into DVC :sad2:

i agree. i would not like to be tied down to going at the same time each year. paying a maintenance fee year round could add up and take from my vacay fund.
on the other hand, those that do own, enjoy it.

Hey guys...thanks for all the well wishes. Just stopping by on my way to bed and I don't know about some of you but...I wasn't happen with The Amazing Race winners. Nick and Starr ran a good race but I never liked Nick from the beginning. I was hoping Ken and Tina would beat them but they stole the moment when Ken pulled out the rings and had everyone in tears.

Have a good Monday!

Amazing race surprised me too metro.
when the people that i like don't win, i pout........:laughing:

i think you should get monday off from work without having to use a vacation day. you were sick on the weekend and robbed of YOUR time away from work.

i bet you are looking forward to next weekend.
stay well metro!

Nice swim Marci!

The pool did look long so I assumed it was meters. I was considering Masters back in the day....but I just don't have the time. 12 hour days and grad school kills my free time :)

32 is a great time! I never knew that the men and women swam in the same heats.

I think I'll make you a design that you can shave into your head for the next meet!

Mac's just jealous....:rolleyes1

and where are the winter wonderland pictures kfish?
you know the ones you mentioned last night....

marci, see.....i told you she would do something pretty on the side of your head since you won.......isn't kfish the nicest homie ever to think of you....

Okay, I think I'll pass on the shaved head thing! :rotfl: I've been growing my hair out since we went to Disney in July of 2007 - nearly 18 months and I swear it's not any longer. I only get it trimmed every couple months and lately I'm just telling them to trim the back (bottom) and bangs only since I'm trying to grow out the sides and back and I don't think it's any longer than when I started. If I shaved it, it might be permanent! :eek:

Well, Mac, we have the warning flashings on my weather channel toolbar. Really annoying because when there's a warning, it also makes a kind of swooshing/flushing sound every 5 minutes or so. I think it's new this year, and the first day it was just driving me crazy trying to figure out where this sound was coming from! But anyway, it's saying 6 to 12 right now, and from the description, it sounds like the same one you're talking about from the panhandle.

I just came in from shoveling AGAIN - looks like we got another 4 inches or so and it's still snowing. Shoveled about 3 inches yesterday before we left, and I know I shoveled Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm thinking maybe Friday was the only day I didn't shovel this week?! :mad: Maybe from now on I just have to measure my good days in how much snow I have to shovel! Sounds like tomorrow and Tuesday at least aren't going to be good days!

And the sad thing is that I was out there thinking "Well, at least it's warmer!" Just checked the weather and it's a balmy 11! And yes, that feels warm! This morning I wanted to go out in the hot tub and loosen up after the swim yesterday, but when I checked the temp then it was -3, with a wind chill of -23!

Katie - I didn't know it would be like that either. Thought it would be kind of by gender and age - you know, maybe combine a few age groups if there weren't enough. Not just completely mixed. But I think it was good because you got to swim where you were competitive. I was most impressed with my seed times which I had to completely make up with a guess (because the Y where I work out doesn't have blocks and wouldn't let you dive in), then convert them to meters. Yet on both my 50 and 100 free, I was within a second. I guessed my 100 IM time would be about the same as my 100 back (since I'm fairly equal on back and fly, good on free and bad at breaststroke). Well, yesterday my 100 back and 100 IM time were 6/100th's of a second apart, so I guess that was a good guess!

One thing was that the ref (judge, what do you call it in swimming?) came over to me after the 100 back and told me that my start was illegal and if it were a state meet I would have been disqualified. Came home and looked it up and apparently that's changed since the old days when I swam 25 years ago. Used to be able to start on the gutter, but I guess now your feet have to be under the surface of the water?! Unfortunately, there's nowhere I can practice that either. On the plus side, at least I didn't lose my goggles on any of my starts yesterday, which I was stressing about since my last start was about those 25 years ago, and I never wore my contacts back then when I swam!

Mac - I don't know what's up with Matt's knee. I waited 1.5 hours with him for the doc and finally had to leave for work before he ever made it in. :mad: So I'm getting it second hand. Sounds something like loose bone chips in there that they're trying to move so they're not rubbing and making it hurt? :confused3 His back is the same thing he had problems with a year ago - easily fixable with about 3 PT sessions, but evidently easy to come back again too! Guess we'll find out what they say Tuesday (hopefully!).

Good night all!

It melted before I got the chance....:laughing:

If anyone wants some snow pics (or some snow!!;) ), I have plenty to spare!

And I had to stop working on Christmas cards because I ran out of ink AGAIN. Have to run to Office Max tomorrow I guess!

Yea, the ref is right. You have to have your entire foot underneath the water...we have to watch our swimmers' toes to make sure that they don't poke out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter