Something About Nothing..........#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all...

a review of the concert would suffice;) have fun

it's snowing & didn't break 20 degrees today, brrrr; guess winter is here...wish we all had trip to cancun in Feb to keep us going:laughing: (imo a perfect time to avoid cabin fever:thumbsup2 )

Mac - I hung out back on the tech board for awhile when the time first got messed up years ago. Lots of people complained, they actually got it right for a little while, and then it got messed up again. The tech support people don't know any more than we do. My clock is off by almost exactly a half hour.

Mailed my ornament yesterday! :cool1:

Spent the last couple hours working on an application with my oldest for this summer. Kind of a "pre-college" application. All of the military academies offer a type of summer program the summer between your junior and senior years. The window for the Air Force Academy (which is his first choice) opened this week, so we had to compile all the data from the counselors and are in the midst of working on the required resume stuff. Incidentally, as of the end of last semester, he's #1 in his class of 419! :thumbsup2 That'll probably change after this semester though as other kids start picking up AP classes as well. Unfortunately, the college class he's taking (and has an A in) doesn't figure into his GPA. (But he does get credit for).

Well, I think it's time for a break so I'm going to go chill a bit! (Easy to do in this climate!)

metro, i hope your weekend is a great one. have fun at the concert tonight. i understand the no pictures but let us know the songs they did if you can remember them.

many of us in the northern part of the states have snow.

if all of us that get lots of it, maybe there is a way we could freeze it into snowballs and ship it to you for christmas.......

just think of all the people you could zap with a snowball...:laughing:

i think everybody likes a little snow at the holiday time!

We are getting ANOTHER snow fall as we speak (type!!). Just thought I would take a quick break from getting ready for the little guys birthday party with family because DH took the boys to a play place!!!
I would like to go back to bed but then the house wouldn't get decorated!!!:lmao:
Maybe I need a little mystery person to help me :wizard:
Have a great day everyone!!!

Spent the last couple hours working on an application with my oldest for this summer. Kind of a "pre-college" application. All of the military academies offer a type of summer program the summer between your junior and senior years. The window for the Air Force Academy (which is his first choice) opened this week, so we had to compile all the data from the counselors and are in the midst of working on the required resume stuff. Incidentally, as of the end of last semester, he's #1 in his class of 419! :thumbsup2 That'll probably change after this semester though as other kids start picking up AP classes as well. Unfortunately, the college class he's taking (and has an A in) doesn't figure into his GPA. (But he does get credit for).

Well, I think it's time for a break so I'm going to go chill a bit! (Easy to do in this climate!)

hey all, drive by before i start running errands...WM on a Saturday/death wish lol

marci never heard of this program before, do u have a link or is it thru the guidance office:confused: ; is it also congressional appointment? good luck to jr!

Evening homies
Snow and freezing rain here too and wrecks everywhere and even tried to make it to get DW and DS meds and couldn't cause the car was sliding everywhere :scared1:

have lots of snow here now where i am.

would be nice if we have snow christmas eve and day.

if we have lots, i'll make an igloo.

have lots of snow here now where i am.

would be nice if we have snow christmas eve and day.

if we have lots, i'll make an igloo.

Yeah Dw wants snow for Christmas and Ds's want snow to get out of school but me I want the sun , warmth and fun at Universal and everyone else can have the snow :rotfl:

:sad1: I didnt go tonight.I was so looking forward to that concert.Family problems got in the way!!

Family problem resolved!!
Tommorow we will be there early.I will take pics of the parade and the Grinch and post for all to enjoy!!:thumbsup2

Yeah Dw wants snow for Christmas and Ds's want snow to get out of school but me I want the sun , warmth and fun at Universal and everyone else can have the snow :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Thats the way too think man!!:thumbsup2

Ok spoke too soon Dw said she would rather have Universal too :woohoo: :lmao: :lmao:

I'd rather be in Florida at Universal than put up with the crappy weather we're having ... I'd even take snow over freezing rain any day

... I think I'll just get out my ice skates and skate down the street rather than walk - it would be much safer!

Hey youse....

The freezin rain we've had stopped today so the boy got to do his carol singing.

The winter sun even came out.....unfortunately it had zero heat in it and it was still bloomin cold !!

My mate played Santa for the kids and I really think he has found his calling,he was amasing.

He was running round giving high fives and break dancing on the stage......the kids LOVED him !! :rotfl2:

Hi homies-
Our toilet woes resolved yest :thumbsup2 . Toilet flushed well once the kids got home from school yest. Praise God! (Don't know if anyone was wanting to know or not :confused: ).

Been very busy today. DS played his clarinet w/ some other band kids at the school pancake breakfast holiday thing this morning. We didn't do the breakfast part, just the band part and then checked out the gift shop part. After that, we went to a children's holiday party for special needs kids, thru our township. We go every yr. Can't pass up free lunch and Santa shows up with gifts for the kids :santa: . I think this is the 8th yr we have attended (I thought it was 7yrs, but DH reminded me it is the 8th yr we have attended).

I have many pics to share from today, if anyone is interested in seeing them.

At the holiday pancake breakfast at school. Matthew is the one sitting, guess he felt more comfortable that way. The kids sounded great!
Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

At the children's Christmas party today. Chrissy was spinning an ornament that was part of the table decoration. Kind of reminded of spinning a dreidel.
Picture094.jpg

The kids w/ Bearon Bear(mascot of our minor league baseball team in our town).
Picture095.jpg

More pics:

DH with Bearon Bear.
Picture096.jpg

Elf (Little People they are called). They were the entertainment.
Picture099.jpg

Picture098.jpg

My kids w/ Santa :santa:
Picture100.jpg

Matthew got the Wall-E DVD as a gift.
Picture102.jpg

Chrissy got the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl DVD set, which she was ecstatic!
Picture103.jpg

hey all, drive by before i start running errands...WM on a Saturday/death wish lol

marci never heard of this program before, do u have a link or is it thru the guidance office:confused: ; is it also congressional appointment? good luck to jr!

Busy day - quick Air Force Academy summer link for you Janet:

http://academyadmissions.com/admissions/summerseminar/costs.php

I have the links for the other academies too if you're interested, but their windows don't open until I think Jan 1 for Army and Feb 1 for Navy. I know your son is younger than mine. If you think he'd be interested, I'm guessing it would be for next summer. I'd definitely recommend printing out the application this year, because come March 1st or so, it all disappears until the window opens next year. So now we're scrambling to put together everything they want because you couldn't see it beforehand. I did look at it all last winter, but didn't realize it would go away when the window closed.

No, there is no congressional appointment or anything for this, but Air Force at least says it's more competitive than getting into the academy itself. They only take 350 kids for each of the two week-long sessions, so 700 total, versus about 1500 who would get into the academy. When I was at this stage, although I was HEAVILY recruited by Air Force (for swimming), I didn't get into the summer seminar. I did get into Army and Navy's and went to both. I did get into the Air Force Academy itself however.

Anyways, it's a good way to find out where you stand as far as admissions. If you get into the summer seminar, of course you're not guaranteed to get into the academy, but it's a good start or indicator. For the Naval Academy, your application for the summer program rolls right into your admission portfolio - you don't need to apply again. The other two academies don't do it that way, though.

Okay, the other links since I'm still typing:

Navy:

http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/selection.htm

Army:

http://admissions.usma.edu/MoreInfo/summer.cfm

I believe the Coast Guard Academy and Merchant Marine Academy have them as well, but Matt isn't really considering either of those so I don't have the info. Is your son considering an academy? Is he a sophomore now? Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter