Something About Nothing............ #14

Good evening. I am exhausted. I spent a good part of the day shredding 2 years worth of junk mail. Most were charities asking for donations. It’s terrible how they prey on the elderly. I’m going to try to get her off the mailing lists.

Mom is going to drive me insane. We had the following conversation tonight.

Me: If you want to use the shredder for future junk mail I will leave it here for you.
Mom: I’ll just throw the mail away.
Me: But you said you didn’t want to throw out anything with your name on it.
Mom: I’ll tear my name off and throw the mail away.
Me: But you haven’t been dong that. Just promise me you will stop putting the mail in dresser drawers.
Mom: What else am I supposed to do with it?
Me: Throw it away!!!

AAAAUUGH!!!!!
I give up. There is no reasoning with her.

Yay for scoring new view, Charade. Hope you get that shredder. Yeah, easy to have papers pile up. I tried to convince my mom, if new bill shows old bill was paid, you can shred the old one.
I’m afraid all my effort has been in vain. Mom doesn’t want to keep the shredder, so it’s coming home with me.

Nice you are able to help your mom out.....good daughter karma for you!!
Thanks. I hope so. Mom is really trying my patience right now.

Lagoon views are much nicer than a pool view at Sapphire. Nice change to make.
Good to hear. I had originally wanted a lagoon view. I have no interest in the pool.

Going to try to get some sleep now. Good night.

Aw Charade, you can only do so much. Hugs, as not easy. But at least you are helping as best you can. I’m glad to hear no cancer seen. And yay, we both have a nice view booked at SF. Yeah, I also had a pool view, but as both lagoon and pool was the same price to upgrade from standard, I thought pool view could be noisy, so changed. I usually stay standard, so I’m looking forward to that nicer view.

Ah yes,

F7BDE111-5C4D-4FD5-976B-9301AC05CB6C.gif

Woot! Woot! A Friday is here. Thank goodness. It’s seems like this week went by not as quick as it could.

Rinse and repeat. Yep, again a clear overnight, so that almost chilly 53 out this early morning. But once again, the clouds come. But once again, a nice sunny day, with 82 the high. Though the humidity has increased, so a more sticky feeling day. That repeat of a day will be the same weather tomorrow. Then the heat wave start is Sunday. Nothing says Summer more then a sticky 90’s degrees hot humid and hazy, with thunderstorms chances day. Yep, that is the predicted weather for Sunday thru Thursday. And that next week weather deserves a yay, from this heat loving homie.

And while still on that week day routine, it always includes that pot of tea heating quick on the stove, and a mug of tea is enjoyed not too much after. One of the favorite morning routine part. With a throw on my lap, AC and the weather have been good at making it just perfect cool feeling inside and out.

That fabulous Friday wish to you all. Woot! :rockband::rockband::jumping3::Pinkbounc::yes::

I knew Tom was a great guy :goodvibes

That steak sharing plate sounds quite tempting too!

::yes::

:wave2: Making a quick early morning stop in!!!

It is gloriously sunny again here today...and I'll take all the sun and heat we can get here. My Tim's tea is going down extremely well this morning, and I know I'm going to be sad when this one is finished and there not another to follow it. Oh well, I will just enjoy the one currently on my desk. We do have an unused Keurig at home that I could bring here to use. I might have to look into that. Try one small box of the tim's tea cups. It would probably be cheaper, but then they wouldn't get to see my smiling face every morning lol

I am not sure yet what I'm making for dinner/supper tonight, but thinking it will include the grill tonight. I'm thinking chicken and grilled veggies with a nice light salad.

Enjoy the tea!!!

Enjoy your meal out! It sounds like it will be a great way to spend the evening. And if you don't have to cook...that's an even better bonus in my books :rolleyes1

I already told dh I am wanting to go for a nice meal out and a movie again. I am needing to see the inside of a restaurant when I order what I want, they bring it to me, and I don't have to do dishes!!!!

That is a great switch!!!!

I just want to make this birthday special! He complained that no one did anything for his 40th :rolleyes2 (hint...no one did anything for mine either) so it's going to be a " go big or go home" type of thing. But I thought the 50 gifts would include cards with encrypted messages and clues about the big gift....the nascar race trip!!! So there will be cards, small gifts of things he could use for his truck, along with some nascar things, and some thing he " may " need for his trip. It will be lots of planning to get everything together in time, but will be worth all the work.

Well, I should probably look like I'm shuffling some papers, and start processing my morning papers. Have a great day everyone....stay safe!!!

lol.....we didn`t do much for Tom`s 40th either, but for mine he went all out.....and does mention it now and again in a jokey way lol.......but, yes, with some planning you could do some lovely things......

Being out in a real restaurant was wonderful!

Good evening. I am exhausted. I spent a good part of the day shredding 2 years worth of junk mail. Most were charities asking for donations. It’s terrible how they prey on the elderly. I’m going to try to get her off the mailing lists.

Me: If you want to use the shredder for future junk mail I will leave it here for you.
Me: But you haven’t been dong that. Just promise me you will stop putting the mail in dresser drawers.

AAAAUUGH!!!!!

I’m afraid all my effort has been in vain. Mom doesn’t want to keep the shredder, so it’s coming home with me.

Good to hear. I had originally wanted a lagoon view. I have no interest in the pool.

Maybe once you`re gone she will use it......

We do like a pool view at RP but at Sapphire, much prefer the lagoon view.

And a good Friday morning.

Although we have rain that has been pouring down all night still going on, just over 50F and breezy. So not exactly a nice summer day..........

Meal out was amazing last night. It`s our new favourite place to go for steaks. Everyone`s was cooked perfectly and the taste was one of the nicest steaks I`ve eaten, very sweet beef. The ambience, staff, service and company were just fabulous. We`ll definitely go back there again.

It was a slight late night, but not too late as Kyle was working this morning and so were a few of the other adult kids too.....I think all the kids there were the parents chauffeurs!

But, slight sleep in and snuggle this morning as we were in no rush to go anywhere, and then went out for some new trainers and trousers for Tom. Success. Men are so easy to shop with. Back home now and rain has got even heavier, so no walking or going back out today.

Chicken noodle soup I made yesterday for lunch today and pulled pork for dinner tonight with sweet potato wedges and will make some coleslaw too.

i-JKjjRDs-S.gif

i-JNwC9CR-S.gif

cv59-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend :flower3:

:wave2: Making a quick early morning stop in!!!

It is gloriously sunny again here today...and I'll take all the sun and heat we can get here. My Tim's tea is going down extremely well this morning, and I know I'm going to be sad when this one is finished and there not another to follow it. Oh well, I will just enjoy the one currently on my desk. We do have an unused Keurig at home that I could bring here to use. I might have to look into that. Try one small box of the tim's tea cups. It would probably be cheaper, but then they wouldn't get to see my smiling face every morning lol

I am not sure yet what I'm making for dinner/supper tonight, but thinking it will include the grill tonight. I'm thinking chicken and grilled veggies with a nice light salad.

Enjoy the tea!!!

Enjoy your meal out! It sounds like it will be a great way to spend the evening. And if you don't have to cook...that's an even better bonus in my books :rolleyes1

I already told dh I am wanting to go for a nice meal out and a movie again. I am needing to see the inside of a restaurant when I order what I want, they bring it to me, and I don't have to do dishes!!!!

That is a great switch!!!!

I just want to make this birthday special! He complained that no one did anything for his 40th :rolleyes2 (hint...no one did anything for mine either) so it's going to be a " go big or go home" type of thing. But I thought the 50 gifts would include cards with encrypted messages and clues about the big gift....the nascar race trip!!! So there will be cards, small gifts of things he could use for his truck, along with some nascar things, and some thing he " may " need for his trip. It will be lots of planning to get everything together in time, but will be worth all the work.

Well, I should probably look like I'm shuffling some papers, and start processing my morning papers. Have a great day everyone....stay safe!!!
sounds like an epic bday! Hope you're able to pull it off for your DH....one he will always remember!

Ah, Chinese takeout dinner. Was delicious. And so happy tomorrow is Friday. Yay!

And went to mall, as item came in, and wow was it crowded. Who knew a Thursday evening was the time to go to the mall. Got my item and high tailed it outta there. But of course, on way out, Starbucks order also picked up. Happy little one.

Hope all have a most peaceful evening.
Food, mall and Sbux.....all good things!

AAAAUUGH!!!!!

Changing routine can be difficult for seniors. Maybe bring the shredder back each time you visit. Then there will be less accumulation of papers to deal with...
Hope you slept well!

Aw Charade, you can only do so much. Hugs, as not easy. But at least you are helping as best you can. I’m glad to hear no cancer seen. And yay, we both have a nice view booked at SF. Yeah, I also had a pool view, but as both lagoon and pool was the same price to upgrade from standard, I thought pool view could be noisy, so changed. I usually stay standard, so I’m looking forward to that nicer view.

Ah yes,

View attachment 584597

Woot! Woot! A Friday is here. Thank goodness. It’s seems like this week went by not as quick as it could.

Rinse and repeat. Yep, again a clear overnight, so that almost chilly 53 out this early morning. But once again, the clouds come. But once again, a nice sunny day, with 82 the high. Though the humidity has increased, so a more sticky feeling day. That repeat of a day will be the same weather tomorrow. Then the heat wave start is Sunday. Nothing says Summer more then a sticky 90’s degrees hot humid and hazy, with thunderstorms chances day. Yep, that is the predicted weather for Sunday thru Thursday. And that next week weather deserves a yay, from this heat loving homie.

And while still on that week day routine, it always includes that pot of tea heating quick on the stove, and a mug of tea is enjoyed not too much after. One of the favorite morning routine part. With a throw on my lap, AC and the weather have been good at making it just perfect cool feeling inside and out.

That fabulous Friday wish to you all. Woot! :rockband::rockband::jumping3::Pinkbounc::yes::
We finally got the much needed rain yesterday and overnight! The grass looks better already....amazing how quickly that happens!
Great score on your SF room too!!

::yes::

lol.....we didn`t do much for Tom`s 40th either, but for mine he went all out.....and does mention it now and again in a jokey way lol.......but, yes, with some planning you could do some lovely things......

Being out in a real restaurant was wonderful!

Maybe once you`re gone she will use it......

We do like a pool view at RP but at Sapphire, much prefer the lagoon view.

And a good Friday morning.

Although we have rain that has been pouring down all night still going on, just over 50F and breezy. So not exactly a nice summer day..........

Meal out was amazing last night. It`s our new favourite place to go for steaks. Everyone`s was cooked perfectly and the taste was one of the nicest steaks I`ve eaten, very sweet beef. The ambience, staff, service and company were just fabulous. We`ll definitely go back there again.

It was a slight late night, but not too late as Kyle was working this morning and so were a few of the other adult kids too.....I think all the kids there were the parents chauffeurs!

But, slight sleep in and snuggle this morning as we were in no rush to go anywhere, and then went out for some new trainers and trousers for Tom. Success. Men are so easy to shop with. Back home now and rain has got even heavier, so no walking or going back out today.

Chicken noodle soup I made yesterday for lunch today and pulled pork for dinner tonight with sweet potato wedges and will make some coleslaw too.

i-JKjjRDs-S.gif

i-JNwC9CR-S.gif

cv59-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend :flower3:
So happy to hear your evening out was a glowing success!!! Nothing beats good food, good drink and good friends!!!

Happy Friday!!!

Looking forward to tonight! We are meeting up with 3 other couples and hanging out for the evening. These are friends we don't see too often. They live an hour away, and schedules are always tough to coordinate.

DH surprised DD by bringing her new vehicle home last night! A 2021 Ford Bronco Sport!
DH works in the auto industry....so this is one of the 'perks' of his role. DD is beyond grateful and over the moon thrilled!

sounds like an epic bday! Hope you're able to pull it off for your DH....one he will always remember!

Food, mall and Sbux.....all good things!

Changing routine can be difficult for seniors. Maybe bring the shredder back each time you visit. Then there will be less accumulation of papers to deal with...
Hope you slept well!

We finally got the much needed rain yesterday and overnight! The grass looks better already....amazing how quickly that happens!
Great score on your SF room too!!

So happy to hear your evening out was a glowing success!!! Nothing beats good food, good drink and good friends!!!

Happy Friday!!!

Looking forward to tonight! We are meeting up with 3 other couples and hanging out for the evening. These are friends we don't see too often. They live an hour away, and schedules are always tough to coordinate.

DH surprised DD by bringing her new vehicle home last night! A 2021 Ford Bronco Sport!
View attachment 584645
DH works in the auto industry....so this is one of the 'perks' of his role. DD is beyond grateful and over the moon thrilled!

View attachment 584648View attachment 584650View attachment 584652

She`ll be so thrilled with that Lori!!! Happy new wheels to your DD.......bet dad got an extra hug for that surprise......lovely!!

Yes, it was a fabulous evening.....and yes, like you trying to arrange schedules with everyone for it to work can be difficult, but worth it to see friends anytime!

Hope you have a lovely time with your friends tonight, i`m sure you will though.....I know I have a slight sore throat (again) after so much laughter and chatting last night! But, yes it was just nice to be back out in a nice fancy restaurant.........

And congrats again to your daughter.........hope she loves driving it......:car:

That’s awesome Paris. One very lucky DD with gift dad brought home. Yeah, a bit of rain, and grass grows inches.

Seems Schumi had some rain today. Hope you had a nice mug of tea today.

Sun is shining brightly. All are working today. Ah yes, Friday, ah. I’m with Andy, not much movement to do this weekend. Though older one has to work tomorrow, until 10 pm. Long day for him. Though he was happy to score an very early birthday present. The new gaming system he wanted.

She`ll be so thrilled with that Lori!!! Happy new wheels to your DD.......bet dad got an extra hug for that surprise......lovely!!

Yes, it was a fabulous evening.....and yes, like you trying to arrange schedules with everyone for it to work can be difficult, but worth it to see friends anytime!

Hope you have a lovely time with your friends tonight, i`m sure you will though.....I know I have a slight sore throat (again) after so much laughter and chatting last night! But, yes it was just nice to be back out in a nice fancy restaurant.........

And congrats again to your daughter.........hope she loves driving it......:car:
Thanks Carole! She's very happy, and dad got lots of extra hugs!

DD drives on the interstate exclusively between college and home. We've always made sure she's had an SUV for Wisconsin winter weather.

That’s awesome Paris. One very lucky DD with gift dad brought home. Yeah, a bit of rain, and grass grows inches.

Seems Schumi had some rain today. Hope you had a nice mug of tea today.

Sun is shining brightly. All are working today. Ah yes, Friday, ah. I’m with Andy, not much movement to do this weekend. Though older one has to work tomorrow, until 10 pm. Long day for him. Though he was happy to score an very early birthday present. The new gaming system he wanted.
Thanks Lynne!
This will be the last vehicle we give to DD. She will use this one through dental school, and the next one is on her!

Glad your DS got an early bday present!!!

DD drives on the interstate exclusively between college and home. We've always made sure she's had an SUV for Wisconsin winter weather.

Oh gosh yes, your winters are legendary......I couldn`t imagine dealing with that type of weather every year! We get a couple of mm`s of snow and the country is at a standstill.....lol.....

Still raining here....looks like it`s going to be on the rest of today and into tonight. It`s been so lovely last couple of months, this feels very wintery today.......can`t see the hills behind us or the sea as it`s so misty.

Yes, time for a cuppa as it`s still several hours till dinner tonight......

:wave2:Making a procrastination Friday morning stop in lol

I'm soooo glad it's Friday, and that the piles of papers on my desk a very light today.

Woke up a horrible sinus ( allergy ) headache and sooo stuffed up. Promptly took allergy medication and advil and chased that back with a nice cold gatorade that I always have in the fridge for these days. Starting to feel somewhat human again.

Came into work...tried to log into my computer....and I get locked out :headache: :furious: My wireless keyboard has been giving me soooo much grief, I just want to throw it out the window of my office, then proceed to drive over it on my way out of work. Sigh...so after getting someone to email our IT department...they got it fixed. Needless to say, I'm going to be cleaning my old keyboard, and using that going forward. It is beyond frustrating. Let's just say, I'm glad it's Friday.

Didn't get out for a walk last night, but we did head to Costco to pick up a few things that we were needing. Not as many steps as I would put on, but at least I got some walking in. Now to get some steps in over the weekend.

Dh and the boys are heading to the big city, as the boys have some shopping they want to do. I'm glad to just stay at home. We have been soo busy since the middle of May, I'm just to just putter and clean up the house and enjoy some down time. I picked up a sift for someone, as I was scheduled for an evening shift, and we are planning to go camping with the kids on Canada day weekend. So I'll work my shift, putter in the house, and just enjoy being at home.

h had pool view booked for my SF stay, changed to lagoon for same price. Yay, I think. No movement on my RPR Save More price as booked almost a year ago. AP rate not even close to it. That’s just a standard room, but fine with me.
Nice score!!!!!!! What is your count down at now? Your chinese dinner sounded very yummy!!! I love a good chinese meal feast!!!
I know that this will be me with my mom in the future. Then I remember how much I/we miss dh's mom, then I just enjoy the fact that I still have my mom here to have these moments with. As frustrating as it can be, we will miss all those moments in the future. Neither situation is easy. I'm sure you were relieved to hear about her cancer. That must be a huge relief!
I am glad you had an amazing time!!! I love the fact that I have dd's right now. This is a bonus part of being a parent!!!!
That is a SWEET ride!!! A co-worker ordered one last fall, and is STILL waiting for his to be delivered. You can't find those on a lot here anywhere in Canada. With covid, the fire at one of the ford manufacturing plants....and now that the microchips that they are putting into the vehicles are not available or in short supply makes getting your hands on a new ford vehicle hard! That is an awesome ride. She will love it!!!!

My next vehicle with be some sort of bigger cross-over or SUV type vehicle. My car does great here...it's bigger/heavier and low to the ground which makes her great on not so great roads. But my next one will be one of the others.

Well, I should shuffle a few papers around.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay safe and healthy!!!!!

Pumpkin, once I went from a sedan to a suv years and years ago, on my third one, I don’t want to drive anything else. Not sure have to check my countdowns. And stoked my little one wants to come for a few days, and while she is not a horror fan like me, will do HHN with me when I am there at the end of September. So HRH in late August, followed by RPR and SF last 2 weeks of September, leaving first Saturday in October. Gotta get use of that AP, and my last year’s purchase of BOGO HHN tickets.

Pumpkin, once I went from a sedan to a suv years and years ago, on my third one, I don’t want to drive anything else
I know. The " plan" was for me to get a new to me vehicle next year...The new truck was supposed to happen last year...but with covid and everything, we just didn't want to chance a brand new vehicle and no jobs :rotfl: So now momma will be waiting for few years to get a different vehicle.

It's currently 82F here. I ran home over lunch to make a quick smoothie....and on my.,...it's gloriously hot. It will be close or over 90 by late afternoon. The forecast keeps changing...but by Monday.Tuesday we are supposed to be 110 and higher. That's a quite hot for us....but I will take all that we can get. I am grateful for my inside desk job when we experience such drastic temps - hot or cold. I'll take the hot over the cold any day. You can always find ways to cool down....it's hard to warm up once your cold.

Good evening. I am finally back home. My aunt should be home later tonight and my brother will leave tomorrow. Dh and B are at Busch Gardens, so I am alone tonight.

It will be funny if we end up with rooms close to each other. I was also concerned about the noice from the pool, so I was really happy when lagoon view came available.

Men are so easy to shop with.
You have never shopped with my husband, He is such a pain to shop with. We have opposite shopping personalities. I like to go to the store, get what I need, and leave. He will spend a lot of time browsing and then go back for one last look.He also tends to be very indecisive.

That's probably what I will have to do. I got her a nice file folder for her bills. I really hope she doesn't continue to stick them in dresser drawers.

Sweet!

We've always made sure she's had an SUV for Wisconsin winter weather.
Are you anywhere neat Oshkosh? I have a friend who lives there.

Came into work...tried to log into my computer....and I get locked out :headache: :furious: My wireless keyboard has been giving me soooo much grief, I just want to throw it out the window of my office, then proceed to drive over it on my way out of work. Sigh...so after getting someone to email our IT department...they got it fixed. Needless to say, I'm going to be cleaning my old keyboard, and using that going forward. It is beyond frustrating. Let's just say, I'm glad it's Friday.
Oh no. Any chance they will give you a new computer?

I'm sure you were relieved to hear about her cancer. That must be a huge relief!
Very relieved. This is her 4th time fighting cancer.

I should probably go and unpack. I think I will spend the rest of the evening doing nothing.

Last edited:
You deserve a cool feeling, quiet house Charade. And a good long sleep in your own bed. Hehe, we had my mom do mail piles on the floor next to her chair. Piles were to save, to recycle, and to trash. Whoever showed up to visit was the pile cleaner upper. Otherwise, not a drawer, but a piled high table of mail and other papers we had to go through. We gave her a shredder that she sometimes used, though shredding was also a you show up, your job to do. I can understand as my mom was a child of the great depression. And yay, hope we get rooms near each other. I do leave the 2nd, but have an evening flight, that I very much hoping not to be changed in any way, so will probably leave around 5:30pm. Will checkout early, and put luggage to keep while I enjoy last day park fun.

Ah, a quiet evening for me. Older one will not return from work for another almost two hours, and little one is online playing I’m not sure with her friends. She complained of a painful shoulder when she came home from her work. Said coworker pushed down on it, and popped back. Um, not sure exactly what popped that was needed to be put back, but I guess she is okay, as I did not see any swelling. Told her to take some pain medicine, and if still hurt, call doctor tomorrow. But that little bugger. Had to put her arm next to mine. She’s already very tan. By the end of summer, she will be much tanner. Tans like her dad, with that olive Mediterranean skin.

And so, tea for me, coffee for her, and a smaller screen viewing for me. Relaxing, with alarm turned off. Perfect Friday night. Ahhhhh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter