Something About Nothing............ #14

All fed and watered again. Tom cooked a lovely selection of meats and sides were all lovely, and apart from olives and one salad, all home made. Can`t get nicer. And our guests for the week took us up on the invitation to dinner and glad they did, they are all still outside but we came in to tidy up. We did eat a little earlier tonight as our guests admitted they were starving.

They did smile when they saw the chocolate on their pillows when we showed them to the room they`re in......I did fill their room with lots of little goodies, well it`s been a while since we had guests at all.

Will pack later tonight, looks like a nice day to travel up tomorrow.

Pop dishwasher on now and then they`re all going through to watch a movie in the back room and Tom and I will laze along the sofa`s through here.

Nice Sunday all round.

Hello everyone. Lazy day today. I am trying hard not to fall asleep this afternoon. I didn't sleep will last night.
Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after being off for another week.

Yeah, my mom used to give a small donation in memory of someone once in awhile, Charade, and we tossed a large pile of address labels and stickers she got from them. At least my mom was wise enough to ignore all most of the time. Even at our house, sometimes the amount of junk mail we get is the majority of what we have in our mailbox. Why we have a recycle paper bag next to the front door. Relentless.
I know my mom made some donations in the past, but I don't think she's given anything in awhile. She had a pile of note pads and enough address labels to wallpaper the house. One company even sent a pair of socks. Some of the companies send change. I found a couple of quarters, dimes, several nickels, and a few pennies. I think I had 1.58 total. Mom won't spend the money because she thinks it doesn't belong to her. I had no problems with taking the money.

weather is looking good for next week in Scotland, so if we do manage a day out it’ll be nice…..
Have a great trip. I would love to see some pictures.

She sounds like she's a spitfire and doesn't give up easily. She sounds like she would have a few interesting stories to share.
She's actually quite the opposite. Mom is very passive and is willing to let other people control her life. It drives me nuts. She won't even attempt to learn something new. She has been like that most of her life.

I love the south! Stay put where you are....WI is overrated, especially in the winter, bleh!!
I have lived in the south all of my life except the first 2.5 years. Virginia is the farthest north I have lived that I remember.

DD asked to have breakfast for supper tonight. Anyone here ever do that??
BFS, as we call it, is very common at our house. We usually have bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Sometimes I will make a has brown casserole.

It's NASCAR time. I am going to watch and try to stay awake.

Charade, Thank you, and if we do anything other than visit folks, I`ll certainly take some pictures. And hope you have an easy week with little stress.

Yes, lovely night light..........

Not sure I slept the best last night. Between having folks in the house I`m not used you.....they didn`t disturb us in any way, but I was aware they were there, and looking forward to getting away today is exciting.

Looks to be a good day for driving, the sun is behind us most of the time early as we drive North, then West till we hit the border, then North again, but the early morning sun being behind us is better than driving into it. Hoping to get to the border by lunchtime then a few more hours till we get to the hotel. They are doing online check in now to save time at the desk, so we did that last night.

And weather looks decent while we`re up there. Quick slice of toast soon and we`ll be off.

Hope everyone has a lovely week ahead.....and I`m sure I`ll say it again, but safe travels to Keisha on Friday......hope you have a lovely trip.

i-ZwCfCdW-Th.jpg

cv71-Th.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

Happy Monday :wave2:

I was hoping you will let us know how many white chocolate bars you are sending us.......jk

And Scottish butter tablet too ::yes:: ........will rot your teeth by just opening the wrapper!!! Sweetest treat on the planet.....must resist buying some 🥴 But, if someone has made it for us...home made is the bomb!!!! Hard to resist!

I`ll try quite hard to say no..........

Ooh sweets? Guess I am too late. Hope Schumi is almost at her destination, and safe travels had.

Yay, a Monday. Tea and need to commute, as remote help of no help. Darn laptop. But no matter, hope local can fix, or else get a new one. Oh, and don’t care, casual wear. Extreme heat advisory. Feeling like 100 degrees will be our most sunny and humid of day.

Marvelous Monday homies.

Living on the edge, Breakfast was a small banana today. So hot, glad I have some of that chicken leftover from yesterday for dinner. It was a big hit, even with the picky mr who is not a grilled chicken fan in general; especially if boneless/skinless breasts.

Odd sort of marinade from what I usually use. made double, cooked down & used as a basting sauce. Got nervous & pulled chicken out of it after a few hours even though it said could marinade overnight. Next time will plop it in that morning for just a bit more flavor.

Time to head out to doctor soon. half hour + one way drive, rather ridiculous to be apprehensive about it but, my longest drive yet in the rehab lol

Hot here, hoping the salon has AC running later this afternoon. Surprising here how many independent ones keep it set so low or don’t have it all.

Lori - breakfast for dinner won’t fly for the mr unless i make a BLT. My kids were always happy enough with it as long as i’d toss in some home-made country potatoes, knock off Cracker Barrel cheesey potato casserole or hash browns. how did the shopping trip go? when u mentioned OshKosh made me wonder if the children’s manufacturer is still in operation. The overalls pretty much all my DS wore when kids at home, such cute prints & a lovely soft material. back then fashion was, generally, a decided after thought for boys’ clothing. Family joke was even tho my boys spanned 13 years apart, the youngest still wore those hand-me-downs & they looked nearly new!

o
but since I guess all want to be there on the 50th, hotel rates are ridiculously high, so SF it is. And I like that hotel, and good AP rate, I think.
spirit had changed our flight times, had option to move the date this week. Floored when i checked WDW availability. AP rate at AS movies would’ve been close to $300 all in for a preferred room. Um, just say no. I realize it’s close to 4th of July holiday but, seriously?

Just for giggles checked specifically the DS area hotels, slim pickings there and a good $100 more a night than expected. Then searched for 4 star properties in general, very slim pickings. Looks like summer travel has definitely exploded in Orland
They did smile when they saw the chocolate on their pillows when we showed them to the room they`re in......I did fill their room with lots of little goodies, well it`s been a while since we had guests at all.

Love it! What an amazing hostess you are :)
Hope everyone has a lovely week ahead.....and I`m sure I`ll say it again, but safe travels to Keisha on Friday......hope you have a lovely trip.
Aw thanks, same to you! Make sure to set aside some time for yourselves this trip, even tho I know how heavily scheduled things are fo you.

Paris, we do breakfast food items for dinner many times. Scrambled eggs and home fries, toast, pancakes or waffles. I know, kinda strange, but we rarely do a cooked breakfast on week days, so that’s why breakfast food dinners are what is asked for.

Yay, Schumi doing a bbq dinner. Pictures, yes, would be lovely to see some from your visits.

Keisha, wow, was a busy week for you. More mummy dust healing of your foot. Yep, no need to want to heat up the kitchen when it’s so hot out. Pool time, I hope you get, today. Yep, when I saw that slight increase for lagoon view, why not? Same with the 20 dollar a night difference, yes to a HRH stay instead. But yep, my RPR rate booked many moons ago, is still the lowest I have seen. Was going to do the Mouse, but since I guess all want to be there on the 50th, hotel rates are ridiculously high, so SF it is. And I like that hotel, and good AP rate, I think.

Ack, both kids think online game playing is more fun than shopping with mom. So, off I am. Will be nice, and maybe stop for coffee for little one. Yesterday, we got a milk and green tea drink at Mr. Wish for older one to drink. It’s in the refrigerator, so will remind him to drink it. TTFN.
Yes, we love the breakfast for dinner! And same, rarely do a large breakfast on weekdays...

All fed and watered again. Tom cooked a lovely selection of meats and sides were all lovely, and apart from olives and one salad, all home made. Can`t get nicer. And our guests for the week took us up on the invitation to dinner and glad they did, they are all still outside but we came in to tidy up. We did eat a little earlier tonight as our guests admitted they were starving.

Will pack later tonight, looks like a nice day to travel up tomorrow.

Pop dishwasher on now and then they`re all going through to watch a movie in the back room and Tom and I will laze along the sofa`s through here.

Nice Sunday all round.
Fun to host people again!
I'm sure you're an attentive hostess Carole :flower1:

Hello everyone. Lazy day today. I am trying hard not to fall asleep this afternoon. I didn't sleep will last night.
Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after being off for another week.

I know my mom made some donations in the past, but I don't think she's given anything in awhile. She had a pile of note pads and enough address labels to wallpaper the house. One company even sent a pair of socks. Some of the companies send change. I found a couple of quarters, dimes, several nickels, and a few pennies. I think I had 1.58 total. Mom won't spend the money because she thinks it doesn't belong to her. I had no problems with taking the money.

Have a great trip. I would love to see some pictures.

She's actually quite the opposite. Mom is very passive and is willing to let other people control her life. It drives me nuts. She won't even attempt to learn something new. She has been like that most of her life.

I have lived in the south all of my life except the first 2.5 years. Virginia is the farthest north I have lived that I remember.

BFS, as we call it, is very common at our house. We usually have bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Sometimes I will make a has brown casserole.

It's NASCAR time. I am going to watch and try to stay awake.
Oh yes, an egg and hash brown casserole hits the spot!

Charade, Thank you, and if we do anything other than visit folks, I`ll certainly take some pictures. And hope you have an easy week with little stress.

Yes, lovely night light..........

Not sure I slept the best last night. Between having folks in the house I`m not used you.....they didn`t disturb us in any way, but I was aware they were there, and looking forward to getting away today is exciting.

Looks to be a good day for driving, the sun is behind us most of the time early as we drive North, then West till we hit the border, then North again, but the early morning sun being behind us is better than driving into it. Hoping to get to the border by lunchtime then a few more hours till we get to the hotel. They are doing online check in now to save time at the desk, so we did that last night.

And weather looks decent while we`re up there. Quick slice of toast soon and we`ll be off.

i-ZwCfCdW-Th.jpg

cv71-Th.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

Happy Monday :wave2:
Hope you're experiencing an easy drive to Scotland!!!!

Ooh sweets? Guess I am too late. Hope Schumi is almost at her destination, and safe travels had.

Yay, a Monday. Tea and need to commute, as remote help of no help. Darn laptop. But no matter, hope local can fix, or else get a new one. Oh, and don’t care, casual wear. Extreme heat advisory. Feeling like 100 degrees will be our most sunny and humid of day.

Marvelous Monday homies.
I don't envy the 100+ temps.....that is too hot for me! I feel bad especially for anyone without AC. That would be unbearable!

Currently cooking some food for the dogs. Not sure how this is possible, but the lab Knows it's for her! She seems to just sense when anything is happening that could possibly be for her. She's a smart one, which makes her normally up to mischief, lol!!!

DH is playing in a charity golf outing today, and realized he forgot his wallet at home. I'll meet him around lunchtime to deliver it.

Bought the fixings to make street corn today! I'm excited to see how it turns out! I'm making Mexican steak rice bowls to go with it. Fingers crossed, will be a super good meal tonight!

Living on the edge, Breakfast was a small banana today. So hot, glad I have some of that chicken leftover from yesterday for dinner. It was a big hit, even with the picky mr who is not a grilled chicken fan in general; especially if boneless/skinless breasts.

Odd sort of marinade from what I usually use. made double, cooked down & used as a basting sauce. Got nervous & pulled chicken out of it after a few hours even though it said could marinade overnight. Next time will plop it in that morning for just a bit more flavor.

Time to head out to doctor soon. half hour + one way drive, rather ridiculous to be apprehensive about it but, my longest drive yet in the rehab lol

Hot here, hoping the salon has AC running later this afternoon. Surprising here how many independent ones keep it set so low or don’t have it all.

Lori - breakfast for dinner won’t fly for the mr unless i make a BLT. My kids were always happy enough with it as long as i’d toss in some home-made country potatoes, knock off Cracker Barrel cheesey potato casserole or hash browns. how did the shopping trip go? when u mentioned OshKosh made me wonder if the children’s manufacturer is still in operation. The overalls pretty much all my DS wore when kids at home, such cute prints & a lovely soft material. back then fashion was, generally, a decided after thought for boys’ clothing. Family joke was even tho my boys spanned 13 years apart, the youngest still wore those hand-me-downs & they looked nearly new!

o
spirit had changed our flight times, had option to move the date this week. Floored when i checked WDW availability. AP rate at AS movies would’ve been close to $300 all in for a preferred room. Um, just say no. I realize it’s close to 4th of July holiday but, seriously?

Just for giggles checked specifically the DS area hotels, slim pickings there and a good $100 more a night than expected. Then searched for 4 star properties in general, very slim pickings. Looks like summer travel has definitely exploded in Orland

Love it! What an amazing hostess you are :)

Aw thanks, same to you! Make sure to set aside some time for yourselves this trip, even tho I know how heavily scheduled things are fo you.
Have a safe trip to the doctor... hope it's all positive news!!

Yes, Oshkosh B'Gosh is alive and well! Very good quality clothes! DD had a few cute things from there as a baby/toddler. And there is a nice outlet location in Oshkosh...as there should be, lol!

All organized for your trip? I am looking into booking something soon, fingers crossed!

Hehe, Paris my male lab knew where to sit by the table, as nothing dropped hit the floor. Had to get a thick sealing storage, as he was good at finding his dry food.

Hope good news at doctor’s visit Keisha. Yeah, I guess Fall travel is all the rage. Glad I also booked my airfare, got a bit back on that same, but now much higher in price, as our August flights too. They better not change my flights. Was absolutely annoying and loss of a day. Wish all was back to normal. Still quite salty about the price of my rentals. Hoping I get much lower rates before I need them.

At least local IT is a help. Hello new lap top.

Bought the fixings to make street corn today! I'm excited to see how it turns out! I'm making Mexican steak rice bowls to go with it. Fingers crossed, will be a super good meal tonight!
Never tried that corn it does look delish
All organized for your trip? I am looking into booking something soon, fingers crossed!
Good luck! Haven’t done a thing. Was supposed to pull stuff to pack tomorrow. May do murder, stylist just cancelled on me as I was heading out the door. Now 9 am tomorrow, had to scramble to find an alternate to get GD off to practice
At least local IT is a help. Hello new lap top
Ooh new laptop smell.

finally ordered my new iPad I was supposed to get at Xmas. Nice sale thru myexchange & no sales tax or shipping! Woot. Went girlie and got rose gold for it and keyboard case. Hopefully will show up before we leave. There shipping has always been at snails pace

Yay for new iPad Keisha. Yeah, I too order from there. Sometimes not too long, other times, longer than expected, Guess it depends on where they send it from. Once in awhile we go over to Ft. Dix. Only place they have a uniform clothing store, as local exchange on my post is only a class 6 and little grocery and has a gift aisle.

Ah, hungry kids. Took a nap, as for some reason, did not sleep well last night. And could not blame it on my bed mate either. Though he will go to sleep early tonight. Was out there mowing the grass and removing a dead tree. Sweaty mess, shower and relaxing now. Made him chili with left overs burgers the other day. Do have new ground beef from grocery shopping yesterday. So request is once again burgers. Fine with me. Means DH will be the cook tonight. He likes grilling, so I’m like have at it. No need to heat up the kitchen. AC has been running most of the day. Hot one. No relief until Thursday. Heat wave is a 4 day one.

Hope Robo is enjoying some quiet time before some park fun. Wedding wishes to granddaughter that is on her honeymoon. Hope the weather was picture perfect for her Saturday wedding.

And so, while cook is getting grill ready, I am the prep cook, and the over seeing cook. Yeah, here’s the food to cook, and food is done, take them burgers off. As both he and older one like fried onions, cut up some green peppers and an onion, added a splash of oil, salt and pepper, and put in an aluminum bag I made, so he can grill them too. Little one wanted tomatoes grilled, so sliced them up and seasoned them too. Me, corn was on sale, so cooked them almost done, buttered and back in their jackets to be finished on thf top shelf of the grill. Actually, all eats them. Yay to a Summer meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter