Something About Nothing ... #12

Hey Vicki.......you having rain too?? Your plants will love it I’m sure, but yep......sick of it too.....we have had nothing but fog for 4 days now.........your veg sounds divine.........

Hey Bobbie........nice to have you along.

Janet this site has been awful recently.........reloading and having to log in more than once. Had a nightmare posting my trip report today.....every time I tried to put a picture in it went all funny and I had a panic thinking I had lost it all......every time!!! But that was on laptop. Seems ok with iPad.

Not a Star Wars fan so haven’t seen Solo........DH would like it though.........

Nice pictures Robo........glad you’re all doing better...........

Had early dinner with friends tonight......

Nice time but jeez this woman lives on the internet.........she gets a ping every time someone responds to a post or her post or someone’s post......I lost interest when she was telling about the website she was replying to ........who does that!!! Rude.......how she copes at work I’ll never know........her husband wasn’t happy. At least food was fabulous!!

But I guess some folks can’t be without internet........

Off to call my aunt in LI........

Was sitting out in yard yesterday when this lovely Doe came for a visit. Her baby fawn was not with her. She brought the baby past the living room window the day before.

Too cute! She's a proud mama showing off her baby!

Thank you Robo56.... Oh my! How beautiful to see that in your yard:cloud9:

Thank you Schumigirl nice to be along!

Those deer pictures are just precious Robo!

I'm not even close to being vegetarian, but there's a few items I cannot eat- rabbit, duck, deer are the few that come to mind. And I'm starting to bond with Monyk' chickens!!

Schumi, I hope you saved me some bacon....
You too Keisha....

I always have my phone with me when I leave the house.
We don't have a house phone to use so depend on the cells.

We do have a house line and can receive calls but can only call 911 out.

Those deer pictures are just precious Robo!

I'm not even close to being vegetarian, but there's a few items I cannot eat- rabbit, duck, deer are the few that come to mind. And I'm starting to bond with Monyk' chickens!!

Me too pattyw!

Rarely I eat chicken now and its because of Ellie and those cute pictures........

Looking at me, you can tell I eat well.

Wow. I can’t believe how far behind I’ve gotten in less than 2 days.
I haven’t been sleeping well (hope it’s just the medication I’m taking) and woke up this morning with a terrible headache that didn’t go away until after noon.
Today starts recital week for B. She has rehearsals tonight, tomorrow, and Friday then shows on Saturday and Sunday.
Not much else going on. I think the most interesting news this week is a bear was spotted in a neighborhood about a mile away from mine. Eek!

Oh Charade, Yum Yum is a doughnut shop, and since many businesses were closing early, we were kinda surprised that shop was still open, later in the afternoon, as we drove by. We expected Target to be open. They have good doughnuts, and sometimes better kinds than DD, at about the same price. We used to have KK ones near us, but not now. Closest is probably over an hour away. When in FLA, I see KK all over the place. We go on a doughnut kick from time to time. Now, won't have one for some time. We were just in the mood, and seeing it open, yep, came home with doughnuts.
Our nearest KK is also an hour away. In my town we have Duncan, a local independent shop, and a couple of local donut food trucks. There is a Duck Donuts an hour away. I’ve tried them once and they are pretty good.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts for my hubby. He is home and doing well and starting Cardiac Rehab tomorrow.
Glad to hear he is doing well.

Cuddle chicken much better today, acting normal, fought me beak and claw when I tried to get antibiotic into her. Finally crushed it with yogurt and covered it in meal worms.
Glad to hear she is back to normal.

Must be a guy thing. We have a perfectly functional shed, plus John Deere room (essentially an outdoor room built into basement of house) and hubs still is talking "bigger" shed...
we had a shed when we first bought our house, but it looked like a strong gust of wind could blow it down. We tore it down and haven’t replaced it yet.

Loved solo!

How many homies have seen the new movie solo?
We saw it on Monday. It was nice having Han’s backstory.

Hi what a fun thread to read! I have been enjoying it. I conquered my fear today to post here. I normally am not shy to jump right in not sure why I felt this way now. I was so happy when I found the "Dis" so many years ago. I started out here just trying to get tips and information on the parks. Now almost 9 years later it is so much more than a park information site. It nice to have a place to go and meet new people and new friends that share a lot in common. I am a stay at home mom so having only the cats around to listen to me (whom I love to death) can be a little monotonous.o_O :-).... I decided to spare them and myself today and share here.

I have in my posts shared about my DD and her struggles with vacations stemming from Asperger's. One of the toughest things for her has been to let anybody at school know. She didn't want her fellow classmates and friends to look and treat her differently. She hides it and makes up stuff to cover when things arise. She is a junior and has to write an essay this year and one for senior year. She informed me today that she is writing about her Asperger's and her journey with it. She made my day:goodvibes I was so proud of her today for taking this huge step. I think she will see that this was the best thing she could do for herself as well as others. Who knows there could be another class mate who struggles who will feel like she has someone to turn too.

Thanks for listening and have a great day! I look forward to more stories to follow :disrocks:
Welcome Bobbie. My daughter just finished her junior year. She has high functioning ASD. She was diagnosed after they removed the Asperger’s dx from the DSM. I don’t know if she’s told any of her friends about it.

Nice time but jeez this woman lives on the internet.........she gets a ping every time someone responds to a post or her post or someone’s post......I lost interest when she was telling about the website she was replying to ........who does that!!! Rude.......how she copes at work I’ll never know........her husband wasn’t happy. At least food was fabulous!!
I used to work a temp job with someone like that. I once timed her. She never put her phone down for more than 5 minutes at a time. The really annoying thing is that the company hired her full time and let the rest of us temps go after 2 months.

Ok. I think I am caught up now. Please excuse any typos. I am sitting in my car posting from my phone.

Last edited:
Nice doe pictures, Robo and glad you both are doing better.

We have deer, and most do not like, as they eat all the food plants around homes. And yeah, I do not like game meat either.

Time for chow.

Hmm...I thought I had added something about the deer pic in the multi quote, but it didn’t show up.

Great pictures. We get a lot of deer around here too, but usually only see them (or barely see them) when it’s dark out.

I was wondering where you were the past two days charade

We gave you some quality reading time as had lots of postings lately

Charade- hope you sleep better tonight! Exciting about B's recital! Always enjoyed going to my niece's recitals!

Lynne- Time for dinner here, too! Pasta night I think!

I’m still sitting in the parking lot waiting for her. I thought it was just going to be an hour. If I had known it would be this long I would have gone back home. I’ve been here for 2 hours. We have to go back home, eat supper, then she has to be back at the school at 8:00 to rehearse 2 more dances.

:welcome:

To your new home

Once you post here, you’re adopted and now you are a homie like us
Welcome Bobbie! Yeah they even put up with those of us who have sporadic trips to dark side (at least I’m going back in a couple weeks right?)
Nice deer pic- she’s probably looking for a couple hostas to take back to her baby lol!

Yikes charade- that’s some schedule!

Lynne- college visit soon? Year will fly by...

Cuddle chicken back to her usual spunky self. Got a very pointy egg from her today. And my trick of meal worms and yogurt didn’t work as well this am. Middle was face timing oldest so she could see her chicken. They weren’t even talking just following Ellie around :rotfl:

Ugh kids fighting. Time for a drink- tea maker broken and I drank rest of lemonade yesterday...

I’m still sitting in the parking lot waiting for her. I thought it was just going to be an hour. If I had known it would be this long I would have gone back home. I’ve been here for 2 hours. We have to go back home, eat supper, then she has to be back at the school at 8:00 to rehearse 2 more dances.
The joy of having a teen.

I lived through it and many times sat in the car for three hours.....

I know your pain.

I’m back at the school parking lot. She has 2 more dances to rehearse tonight. Hopefully they are back on schedule or at least close to it. I think I will go inside and watch the rehearsal instead of sitting here in the car. Tomorrow and Friday I will just drop her off and come back when they are done for the night. They will have pizza, Chick-fil-A sandwiches, and other food items to buy, so she can eat dinner between dances.

Haha MonyK, an adult kid and teen can’t even go shopping with me without some snark between them. Joys of teens, yep.

I feel ya Charade, those late night soccer practices are long nights. Learned to put a few charge sticks in the car, as I play on my phone most of the time while waiting.

Chinese food for chow. Full and looking for chocolate now.

Keisha, if you are around Friday afternoon, we will be done with Pitt, so if know good place for dinner, and if you would like a visit, let me know. Text me if interested.

Travel day tomorrow. Around 6 hours in the car. Sigh. Long enough ride for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter