• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

th

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Schumi. Tea in the morning is always a good start though. Hope you are over your cold quickly.

Rain to start the day, and rain to most likely end the day. A cool rain, so it does not feel good, just more cold.

So, get out the tea and coffee, and throw back at least one large cup. It's going to be that kinda day. :-)

Sending well wishes and mummy dust to those who need some. pixiedust:

I'm up early today
Well not as early as Lynne gets up.....

I believe she gets up when the chickens do, before the break of dawn

Housecleaning today for me
And the house really needs it

Have a great Thursday homies !

Carole, hope you feel better soon. I've been nursing my cold for the past few days, laying in bed binge watching GoT and feel a little better. It helps to rest and drink lots of fluids. I did do a bit of laundry and grilled chicken outside yesterday so I wasn't too lazy. The housework awaits today since I'm working this weekend.

Send some of that rain my way Lynne. I'm eating dust here

Time for another cup of coffee :coffee:

Have a great day everyone:flower1:

Rachel that is hysterical :rotfl2:.

Sending get well wishes to Tink and Schumi with colds and Sharky with fin pain and Mac with leg pain :grouphug: get well soon homies. Think of Universal and your next trip there and you will feel better.

I decorate more inside then out for Halloween. Here are a few more pics. Don't want to show them all as you will know how much I really, really like Halloween...LOL....:scared1:
IMG_1537.JPG
If there is a tree in the house it's decorated.....::yes::
IMG_1540.JPG
Working on table decorations for party Monday.

People around here really do great creative Halloween decorations outside their homes. Saw one yesterday wth a full graveyard with bones sticking out and massive spiders crawling up the house.

Going to do dinner and ghost tour with sister, daughter-in-law and granddaughter this evening.

Going outside to hang out in the yard. I know I can find some mischief to get into out there. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Last edited:
Morning all. My day started out with a scare, middle son driving to work got sideswiped and driven into a jersey barrier on side of road. Pitch dark, culprit kept going.:sad2: He's ok, that's all that matters, car can be repaired. Never know what turn life will take, eek.

This afternoon on Grammie duty...indoor parade @ school, dinner (would be the house she'll pick McD again lol) and then off to gymnastics practice. Enjoy it as I worked full time w/2 oldest DS and then PT but lots of evening hours with youngest, missed out on lots of cool stuffs:).

Carole - pull the covers up and have a good read & cuppa tea. I'm afraid I may know what snogging means haha, no wait that's shagging lol
Rachel that is hysterical :rotfl2:.

Sending get well wishes to Tink and Schumi with colds and Sharky with fin pain and Mac with leg pain :grouphug: get well soon homies. Think of Universal and your next trip there and you will feel better.

I decorate more inside then out for Halloween. Here are a few more pics. Don't want to show them all as you will know how much I really, really like Halloween...LOL....:scared1:
View attachment 203427
If there is a tree in the house it's decorated.....::yes::
View attachment 203430
Working on table decorations for party Monday.

People around here really do great creative Halloween decorations outside their homes. Saw one yesterday wth a full graveyard with bones sticking out and massive spiders crawling up the house.

Going to do dinner and ghost tour with sister, daughter-in-law and granddaughter this evening.

Going outside to hang out in the yard. I know I can find some mischief to get into out there. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Beautiful table setting! My Norfolk pine I picked up last Nov for LR died during our last trip boohoo. Need a new Xmas tree, probably tons of artificial ones in the stores if I look hard enough. Did see display @ JCPenny and wasn't impressed last weekend. Have alway bought Mt King but last one didn't hold up more than a few go-a rounds.

Real xmas trees are just too much effort for me lol. What's the general consensus here?

Drive by!

Hope everyone is well. I'm a little insane. We're working on getting a unit ready so I've been at the beach. The couple moved to guadamala and the wife had a knee replacement. She couldn't do what needed to be done so we're cleaning it out. So much dust! Just got back last night and headed back tomorrow.

Shame that I'm not home enjoying my Halloween decorations though. I'd post a picture but dis is still giving me problems

You guys see the volcano bay update? That's a lot of water slides in that volcano!

Keisha, we tend to always go with real tree. We also had a fake one, but that sat in the attic for so long after a couple years of use, it got donated and we never replaced. I like the smell and well, we always find a decent enough priced one, and don't set it up until the week before Christmas. I already see places getting ready, so I assume as we get close to Thanksgiving, trees will appear. We used to cut down at a farm up state, but now just get it local. This year, no tree.

It's gray, windy and raining, not my idea of fun. Seem to be ready for lunch, so I will be bundling up.

Great decor Robo. We decorate some inside, but mostly outside. Ready to see the little ones dressed up. Glad to hear it won't be as cold on Monday. Soccer week-end. I will be bringing out the old Army blanket. Those darn stands are cold and sitting out in the field just makes everything feel even colder. I come prepared (but have been known to watch from a car, mine or others. :D)

More tea for me. Later y'all.

Robo......fabulous table and decorations.........looks beautiful!

Mac.......hope the housework is going well..........hate those jobs........

Vicki, hope you feel better soon too........rest is the key.........

Keisha, we have 4 trees inside and every one of them fake.......nothing to do with cost, just have never been interested in real trees............we do have 2 real ones outside, one at the front doors and one half way up the drive with lights on......but inside all fake. The biggest one is 15 feet tall so I couldn't imagine the mess that would make if it was real.....it's in the hallway and I think it's my favourite........we replace them every couple of years though so they don't get raggy looking.......

Shagging!!!!! :blush: Does snogging not mean kissing over there........lol

Lynne, I remember the days of watching football and freezing all day! Yep, I was found usually in the car with engine running.......or I would volunteer, if it was home games to do the drinks and food......that way I was in the kitchen of the clubhouse.........

Feeling bit better.......tried to do a bit of trip report, but Photobucket has been down all day......it was dodgy yesterday and took me ages to post pics.......will try again tomorrow........

Last edited:
Taking a short break in cleaning
I probably should do it more often as it would be less time consuming

Robo !!!
Fantastic Halloween decorations
Just gorgeous!
And the table too

Janet, omg!
That has to be upsetting for son getting sideswiped but if not injured, that is a blessing
Cars are replaceable, sons are not

Hope having the little over will take your mind off of son
Have fun at Mickey dees

Tink feel better soon
Colds are overwhelming

Lynne we do fake trees
All because we have cats

TinyD I did not notice you early as you came and went so fast this morning

Janet, just noticed your son was in an accident!! Missed that earlier......my goodness how scary.........glad to hear he's ok though.......yep, that's all that matters! no cameras on the road to get the guys number plate??

Must have given you a horrible shock though too.........:hug:

Keisha, so glad DS was not hurt. Cars can certainly be replaced. Hit and runs are terrible. Hard call to hear first thing in the morning. :hug:

Yay! Mac took a break from house cleaning.

HeHe, Mac. I don't have cats, but I did have a dog that liked to climb our tree. Because of her, we still have a thick, heavy wood piece our stand is bolted to, but when she was alive, we'd also run a cable from the top of the tree to the wall. She apparently liked to eat glass Christmas balls too, and the tails of both dogs knocked low hanging ornaments. So, for years, our tree only had ornaments in the top 1/2.

TinyD - nice to hear from ya. Down at the beach again. Work seems to be never done huh. I drove past Volcano Bay a few times. Looked massive. I love water slides, so there are not enough for me. LOL

Glad to hear you are feeling better Schumi. That's a big annoyance when Photobucket does not behave. I'm ready to see more pictures when you can update. Great pictures in your trip report.

Hey BagO, hope you are doing well and enjoying the day. Funny video for Mac.

I would gladly send ya some rain Tink. With 50 degrees, the rain and wind just make it blah out. The rain should be gone by tomorrow morning, so I am glad the soccer should not be played in the rain this week-end.

82 right now and watering my flowers

Still no rain here and wanted to get this watering done before the ban comes

Another county imposed watering bans this week

Janet sorry to hear what happen to your son this morning. So glad to hear he is ok.

Howdy Mrs. Bluer :wave2:.

What's the general consensus here?

We have fake trees. Couldn't have live ones do to allergies.

Snogging and shagging........LOL......
IMG_1550.JPG

Had some muddy buddies for a snack...I knew better then to buy those, but they had a Vampire picture on the bag:-)

Last edited:
Janet, so glad to hear your son is ok. Hugs to you :hug: what an awful way to wake up.

TinyD, good to hear from you...there are worse places to be stuck than at the beach...oh to be there now :beach:

Hi Mrs B :wave: hope all is well with the bluer clan, any more trips planned?

We usually have a live tree...it just smells like Christmas and we sell them where I work so I can get a good deal.

I've been craving homemade peanut butter cookies the last few days...think I'll go make some...that should be good for a cold right? Cookies and GoT :flower1:

I saw the pics of car. It's driveable but amazing the trunk hasn't flown up in the air.

have a feeling they will total it in lieu of fixing. Not to his benefit as an older car. Ah well, he's alive and relatively unhurt. At football practice now and starting to feel sore.

Accident out in the boonies, don't think any cameras in general area, sure would Be helpful.

Ah well, any time you walk away from an accident in one piece, you're a winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter