• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Sharky hope your fins improve
Without being pinned

Sending you mummy dust for a miracle

Rachel great on the win of the secret music menu for RRR !

Lynne scraping car windows .....
Well not something that should be happening as it is still autumn
Hope you have sunshine and lollipops rest of the mornings

Kohlby you were a skinny Minnie when I met you
And you lost weight?
Eat candy to fix that!

Squirlz book for next year and be all set for both celebrations in key west

Lol........ I didn't write that correctly mac........what I meant was that's the minimum our house will ever go to........oh I couldn't be that cold in the house either.......it's much warmer than that all the time. I like to be hot.

I like to wear short sleeves and will never wear a cardigan or jumper inside..............yep, we never skimp on heat either :thumbsup2.......our temps might say one thing but living right on the North Sea we get a wind chill that isn't counted in normal temps and can feel colder. That's why our home has every possible insulation and benefit possible.......

It's a lot over here for gas and electric too.....although I'm glad to see Rachel leaves windows open too with heating on........lol.......I think that's a woman thing......or so I'm told.

Oh Rachel, I hate Bonfire night......I hate fireworks with a passion. I worked in the explosive industry for years and just hate them and how folks underestimate how much damage even little ones can do......so I'm very much a bah humbug party pooper with that.......lol......love seeing them on tv though.......

Salmon with spicy couscous and roasted veg for dinner tonight.........and I made coconut ice cream a few weeks ago, still plenty left......will have that I think.

Darker than usual today, bit miserable outside........our clocks go back this weekend in the UK.......can't believe it's that time already..........

Turn up the heat to where you can wear shorts in the house
Hahahahha

:rotfl: Now I have an image of you in your house, its cold oustide, but you're indoors with a straw hat, shorts and hawaiian shirt drinking a cocktail out of a coconut while people in long coats and woolly hats walk past outside. The things that pop into my head.

explosive industry for years

My goodness! That sounds like an interesting job, what sort of explosives and what for? Building detonation, mining, military? I can't really think what other industry would use explosives...

I'm not a big fan of fireworks in the garden, I think its always a big let down but I like the professional firework displays, its like being at Disney! Just cold and damp... ha.

Good morning :coffee:

Lynne, I'm ready when you are...let's go get that mac and cheese. Love the cool camel :cool2:

I'm not ready for cold weather but I am ready for some rain...we now have an outdoor burn ban just in time for the leaves to fall...guess I'll have to invest in a composter this year.

I finished season 1 of GoT last night and now I'm addicted like everyone else. They had me at dragons.

BagO...I finally got the secret menu for RRR this trip too. It's hit or miss though as I couldn't get it the next time. Love that ride since DS finally talked me into it after years of resistance.

Kohlby, add me to the list of non black Friday shoppers. I don't like crowds when shopping. I usually have to work that day since I'm in retail and that's enough for me. I do my Xmas shopping online.

Sharky, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly...rest that fin :flower1:

Time for another cup of coffee, happy hump day everyone :wave:

Right I have some photos from the Wedding if you would all like to see them :) It was an amazing day although I want to never plan a wedding ever again... to much stress and family being crazy!

But all that planning and the day went off without a hitch. The hotel manager was kind enough to say that it was one of the best wedding parties they've ever hosted in the hotel.

The theme was autumn as I love it so much so lots of reds, oranges and yellows.

First pic... its me!

FB_IMG_1476145334375.jpg

Martin and I... I'm holding onto him like you're not getting away now! Mwhahahaha

IMG_1277.JPG

My two lovely bridesmaids! My friend from school (to the left of me) and Martin's sister. Lady in the middle is martins mum.

IMG-20161010-WA0071.jpg

Cake!!!

14572141_1595410537241201_2293507907519150650_n.jpg

The hotel restaurant with our decorations...

14650485_1595410623907859_4223459224504793257_n.jpg

Center pieces,

20161007_140951.jpg

And all the lovely men! Both Martin and I have divorced parents & grandparents so we've got a lot of "family". Also the back of our wonderful photographer, he was a hoot.

IMG-20161010-WA0068.jpg

Hope you all don't mind me sharing the photos, but I thought you might like to see...

I finished season 1 of GoT last night and now I'm addicted like everyone else. They had me at dragons.

BagO...I finally got the secret menu for RRR this trip too. It's hit or miss though as I couldn't get it the next time. Love that ride since DS finally talked me into it after years of resistance.

Yey... Game of thrones addict! one of us, one of us! :D

I found that too tink, sometimes I pressed really hard and it worked the next time I held it for like 2 secs and it worked... confused!?

My goodness! That sounds like an interesting job, what sort of explosives and what for? Building detonation, mining, military? I can't really think what other industry would use explosives...

I'm not a big fan of fireworks in the garden, I think its always a big let down but I like the professional firework displays, its like being at Disney! Just cold and damp... ha.

All of the above.

It was quite fascinating, and I eventually through work got an Explosive Ordanance Engineering Degree and planned to go further with that........then we moved countries.......lol......

Yeah standing in the cold watching a display here is very different to Disney.......lol......

Rachel your pictures are beautiful........you looked gorgeous!!

Hotel looks amazing too!!! Did you choose the Cotswolds after all? Everything looks beautiful........thanks for posting them!

Thank you so much for sharing the pics
Everyone looks fabulous !

Martini's mom looks like she is 20
something

Show all the pics you can!

Aww, what a beautiful bride! Thank you for all the pictures. Quite lovely place and love the colors. Yes, more pictures are always enjoying seeing.

Seeing a camel on Wednesdays is like a warm hug!

Got down to 32 degrees last night and foggy as heck this am. Still allergies raging here, hard frost can't come soon enough. Was at dr's w/the DH this am. He took a look at me and asked if I was sick, since I was sneezing/drooling with my rabbit red eyes I suppose. Should help with the affect of whatever creepy costume I decide to don for party this Saturday.

A cash-bash, fund-raising for GD gym. A costumed affair, sounded like fun, majority of family going, so I committed. Now discover the event is in the evening & will be held outside under a large picnic pavilion on a social club's grounds. If they don't have propane heaters I may do murder. Lol

I have had a long day today

Hoping it averages out & today is 'short' but sweet

68-70 is not warm enough!

Turn up the heat to where you can wear shorts in the house
Hahahahha

Even when we had a very tight budget, we never skimped on heat

I know it costs more to have a warm house but for our family it was worth it and budgeted for

Trying to sleep at night we needed it warm

I have a great room and two story living room ceiling and use the ceiling fans to pull the warm air down

With our present house newer than the past one, this one is better insulated which is a blessing

Find our utility bills are so much cheaper in the South

Had wondered if the electric bill from running AC would cancel out the heating savings.

Have a feeling there is less taxes/fees on the utilities than you'd find in the North

I run hot + pay the bill = tell the household to go grab a hoodie and throw when you hunker down on couch...easier to get warm than cool. Haha

Always happy to see gas bill not break $300 in the winter, sometimes it happens:)

Lol........ I didn't write that correctly mac........what I meant was that's the minimum our house will ever go to........oh I couldn't be that cold in the house either.......it's much warmer than that all the time. I like to be hot.

I like to wear short sleeves and will never wear a cardigan or jumper inside..............yep, we never skimp on heat either :thumbsup2.......our temps might say one thing but living right on the North Sea we get a wind chill that isn't counted in normal temps and can feel colder. That's why our home has every possible insulation and benefit possible.......

It's a lot over here for gas and electric too.....although I'm glad to see Rachel leaves windows open too with heating on........lol.......I think that's a woman thing......or so I'm told.

Oh Rachel, I hate Bonfire night......I hate fireworks with a passion. I worked in the explosive industry for years and just hate them and how folks underestimate how much damage even little ones can do......so I'm very much a bah humbug party pooper with that.......lol......love seeing them on tv though.......

Salmon with spicy couscous and roasted veg for dinner tonight.........and I made coconut ice cream a few weeks ago, still plenty left......will have that I think.

Darker than usual today, bit miserable outside........our clocks go back this weekend in the UK.......can't believe it's that time already..........

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm salmon, that sounds good. I'm still working on hot sausage/peppers & snagged some frozen beef veg soup from the freezer to go with leftover roast chicken sammies.

Did make big breakfast for all today tho

Right I have some photos from the Wedding if you would all like to see them :) It was an amazing day although I want to never plan a wedding ever again... to much stress and family being crazy!

But all that planning and the day went off without a hitch. The hotel manager was kind enough to say that it was one of the best wedding parties they've ever hosted in the hotel.

The theme was autumn as I love it so much so lots of reds, oranges and yellows.

First pic... its me!

View attachment 203239

Martin and I... I'm holding onto him like you're not getting away now! Mwhahahaha

View attachment 203240

My two lovely bridesmaids! My friend from school (to the left of me) and Martin's sister. Lady in the middle is martins mum.

View attachment 203242

Cake!!!

View attachment 203236

The hotel restaurant with our decorations...

View attachment 203237

Center pieces,

View attachment 203238

And all the lovely men! Both Martin and I have divorced parents & grandparents so we've got a lot of "family". Also the back of our wonderful photographer, he was a hoot.

View attachment 203241

Hope you all don't mind me sharing the photos, but I thought you might like to see...

Pure perfection! You were a dazzling bride. Yes, as mac said, feel free to post more:)

All of the above.

It was quite fascinating, and I eventually through work got an Explosive Ordanance Engineering Degree and planned to go further with that........then we moved countries.......lol......

Yeah standing in the cold watching a display here is very different to Disney.......lol......

Yey fellow engineer. That's amazing bravo!

Beautiful pics, Rachel.

Rachel your pictures are beautiful........you looked gorgeous!!

Hotel looks amazing too!!! Did you choose the Cotswolds after all? Everything looks beautiful........thanks for posting them!

Thank you all so much for all the kind comments. Yes we got married in the Cotswolds, the hotel was called the Bay Tree Hotel in Burford.

Thank you so much for sharing the pics
Everyone looks fabulous !

Martini's mom looks like she is 20
something

Show all the pics you can!

I'll tell her you said that, she'll be made up!

Aww, what a beautiful bride! Thank you for all the pictures. Quite lovely place and love the colors. Yes, more pictures are always enjoying seeing.

I'm waiting for the professional photos. When I get them I'll post some more :D

I know that hotel Rachel!!! It's absolutely gorgeous........love those traditional places......and somehow Autumn weddings suit it better.......kwim???

We have friends and relatives that live in Bourton on the Water and Chipping Campden......would love to retire to BotW. Just adore the Cotswolds..........Last time we visited we stayed at Foxhill Manor.......it's beautiful. Staying at the Lord of the Manor hotel next visit near Christmas......it's a gorgeous area and I can see why you chose that hotel, it's stunning!

Your pictures are gorgeous though, you picked a lovely theme and colours look fabulous!

Keisha, dress like winter with heavy coat and all that

Wrap toilet paper over your outer ware and be presented as a Mummy

Best costume and you will stay warm

Lol that's an old skool bridal shower game.

Hmm, should do it, maybe I'll win the booby prize! Reminds me of how My mom used to make us kids put plastic baggies on our feet over our socks before putting on snow boots. Insisted it'd keep our feet dry from the snow. Didn't work btw, but still think of it everytime I pull on a pair of boots:)

Any other odd parenting stories:magnify:?

Beautiful pictures Rachel. You made a beautiful bride and Martin a handsome groom. Your reception decorations are gorgeous. Beautiful colors and table centerpieces. Agree with the rest would love to see more pics ::yes::

Robo love the trees.......they are fabulous!!!! I am actually envious......::yes::

I will fly over on my Potter broom and decorate your yard pixiedust:

IMG_1525.GIF
Stopped and picked up one of Macs cats for company :hyper:

Last edited:
I went back and looked at your pics again Rachel

You are stunning in them
In fact everyone looks fabulous !

You look so calm and collected

I was so nervous when I married I can't remember how I got through it

Seems like a blur now
Lol

Well if I was in the blue room now I would be doing emails to all I said two weeks ago to those that I owe emails to

A few issues with my leg still but when it improves will do the flight of steps to the second floor and my blue room

Good morning all!! It's Thursday which means we're all on the downhill slope. Yey.

Are peeps going to share pics of the Halloween decorations they're putting up. I'd love to see!

I know that hotel Rachel!!! It's absolutely gorgeous........love those traditional places......and somehow Autumn weddings suit it better.......kwim???

We have friends and relatives that live in Bourton on the Water and Chipping Campden......would love to retire to BotW. Just adore the Cotswolds..........Last time we visited we stayed at Foxhill Manor.......it's beautiful. Staying at the Lord of the Manor hotel next visit near Christmas......it's a gorgeous area and I can see why you chose that hotel, it's stunning!

Your pictures are gorgeous though, you picked a lovely theme and colours look fabulous!

Oh my goodness it is a small world after all. That's so crazy. It's an amazing piece of the world, almost like entering a time warp (in a good way of course). The hotel was fabulous and all the staff amazing. I was blown away by the level of service.

Mac - I may look calm but I had butterflies all morning. I wasn't nervous but I was very excited and this made me a bit jittery. Ha. Sending good vibes to help your leg!

Anyone got plans for the weekend? I've got dinner with Martins dad on Saturday

Keisha, I read that you snogged not snagged the soup.......:crazy:.........need my glasses again! Love sausages........our wholesale butcher does the best pork and leek sausages ever!! And they're huge.........one really is enough for a dinner with big pile of creamy mash.........

Vicki.......glad you're a GoT fan now too.........amazing stories!

Robo.......you can fly over anytime.........you have a real knack with those decorations........:thumbsup2

Mac......I adored our wedding day, wasn't nervous at all........but yes, it did go last in a blur.......need to watch my wedding DVD again soon........

Rachel.....it is a small world! I love the Cotswolds and yes it is like a time warp but in the best way! I could be a tourist board advert for all the little villages there.......lol........sounds like you have a nice weekend planned....dinner is always good.........

Quiet one for us, Grand Prix weekend again, although woke up this morning with a cold! I'm sure that woman in the supermarket the other day passed her germs along!

So still in bed, DH made me a cup of tea and brought me paracetamol and told me to stay in bed today before he left on his travels......:hug: I'll get up in a bit though.......need some toast.

I hate having the cold.......you feel a bit of a fraud as it's just a cold......but can leave you feeling horrible. Glad I don't have to go out today as it looks pretty miserable outside again..........

Have a great Thursday.....:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter