Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning everyone :coffee:

Late afternoon storms are expected here today so I'll have to get going with the yard work soon. Trey's already weedeating so I guess I'll tackle the front flower beds while it's still relatively cool.

Patty, I feel your pain with the kids leaving the nest. Trey informed me yesterday that he was moving in with his friends in the next few months ...I knew it was coming and while I'm happy for him getting his own place I hate to see him go :sad:

Tgrgirl...cute kitties
We had a big gray cat show up here this week...guess I'll have 7 cats now and I didn't bring any home...they just show up and I take them in.

Robo you were right about Stranger things...now I'm addicted and have ordered season 2

Sorry your team lost Lynne. The same thing happened to us when we went . .it's so much better when they win.

Hope everyone has a great day :flower1:

Guess that means you, too, Mac? Hope no tornado chances for you.

It’s summer and it rains a lot down here

We could get a downpour and still have the yard mowed the same day

Which is why our yard man is coming at least weekly if not more

We do stay humid in the summer but doesn’t bother me

I grew up in the St. Louis area which we called the armpit of the country for the heat and humidity

Tornadoes are not in the forecast
That was the other day and none came near us

I park in the garage so never an issue going out when it rains

Me Mac does not as our 2 car garage has so much crap in it......

His toys

Tink we don’t get any of the pay tv channels so I just wait until I am at hhn to see the houses

How long do you think Trey will be living with his friends?

He might return and you would a happy momma then

I read somewhere you extended your vacation days
When is your return date in September?

Patty, I feel your pain with the kids leaving the nest. Trey informed me yesterday that he was moving in with his friends in the next few months ...I knew it was coming and while I'm happy for him getting his own place I hate to see him go :sad:

Yep- hard to have the kids so far away! Will be happy to have Troy home in August to finish school, but he's planning a move back to Orlando after graduation!
It's funny you mentioned Trey weedeating today. The boys were always so helpful with grass cutting and weeding- even housework when I needed them! That's when I miss them most!! A few extra sets of hands is priceless!!

Me Mac does not as our 2 car garage has so much crap in it......

Same here! We have a big garage but the stuff takes over in the summer. We have to organize it so we can park there in the winter!

Yep- hard to have the kids so far away! Will be happy to have Troy home in August to finish school, but he's planning a move back to Orlando after graduation!
It's funny you mentioned Trey weedeating today. The boys were always so helpful with grass cutting and weeding- even housework when I needed them! That's when I miss them most!! A few extra sets of hands is priceless!!
Luckily Trey is only going to be 15 minutes away and his place is on my way to work...sort of at least by a few miles.
Tink we don’t get any of the pay tv channels so I just wait until I am at hhn to see the houses

How long do you think Trey will be living with his friends?

He might return and you would a happy momma then

I read somewhere you extended your vacation days
When is your return date in September?

He's probably going to be there for a long time since it's closer to work and he has his own bathroom which he doesn't have here at home and it kind of cramps your style dating wise to live with your mother.

We are leaving late on the 27th and have Disney Springs planned for our last day. We arrive on the 18th.

I'll be a happy and sad momma when both kids flee the nest. But, not a bad thing. It's the paying for college that I won't miss, that's for sure. LOL

Yeah, it does stink when they lose where you're watching in person Tink, and of course, the rescheduled one, they won. At least kids came home with nice, large, heavy plastic logo cups.

Oh boy, the tree outside is doing the rumba again, with leaves upside down. Rain will surely come. A hehe, last night, little one told me that she told her friends it was going to rain in about 10 minutes because the trees' leaves were upside down. They were like, you are crazy, the rain is like a 45 minutes drive away. Yep, about 10 minutes later, they were running for cover, it started raining hard. She was a soaked pup though, as they were deep in the woods, at least a couple hundred feet from a building.

Yeah, the storms around here can travel 35 or so MPH, but this week, there's so much water in the air, rain just falls until it goes back to oppressive humidity.

Sorry I will miss ya Tink. Not arriving until the first, and even earlier that day due to SW changing the flight to over an hour earlier. Butt crack dawn for me. Oh well, more time to play. Next year, may do the Mouse the last week of September, before RPR for the next week. Leaving the Friday before Columbus Day next year, this year the Friday after.

Eek, 28 day countdown.

Quick drive by.........haven’t read all posts..........

Hey Vicki, we plan to watch Stranger things when we get home......and good news about Trey, but I know what you mean.......I’m dreading that day......l:hug:

Had amazing thunderstorms yesterday........we were every bit the tourist with the spectacular lightning........still went to St Augustine.......had gorgeous lunch, and drove home in a monsoon.......scary! But, still had a fabulous day......and more thunderstorms last night were again, spectacular..........

Today is HOT!!! Parks aren’t horribly busy for this time of year, busier than we are used to though...........but thankful for EP as some lines are long!!!

Watched the Hogwarts night show and it was busy, but not crazy.......first show is the busiest, second and third weren’t too bad at all.........but not horrible.

Been in the parks all morning, and picked up our HHN tickets...........:cheer2:

It’s getting close..............

Time for shower and out to Mall at Millenia and meet a friend for an hour..............

:wave2:

(sorry Cuddle chicken!)
She's a lover so I am sure you are forgiven-especially if meal worms involved. She was so happy to be let out of coop this am she kept standing on my boots (her signal to be picked up). And I have to pick her up then or else she gets kicked. She sure has me trained!
Well Patty's back to reality for a bit.

Schumi's in lizard weather, having fun.

Mac's enjoying coffee with her cats.

Tgrgrl is playing with a new set of kittens.

Robo, hoping you are not feeling sore any more, and having a nice cup of coffee in your HHN mug.

Tink, will dry your clothes for ya, her McGuire DD can fix things.

MonyK, hopefully had fun at the lake, and chickens weren't too mad.

Agavegirl, sending good thoughts that your pre-surgery tests showed a go, and your surgery is a rounding success.

With that, tea is needed. Tastykakes were on sale, so a perfect, little bit sweet, breakfast this morning.
Awesome summary LOL
PLUS:
Im working from home today-
and a Tink update:
I'll have to get going with the yard work soon.

Great weekend at the lake, trying to plan where for holidays. Put bug in DH ear for week of or after Christmas in Florida to see the "new" daughter and grandson...and of course, to get more mileage out of our universal passes...and as long as "winter" doesn't choose to arrive in Florida that week-better weather than MO!
Stopped to do some shopping for kids yesterday on way home - grandpa handed them some "back to school" money so they both got some shoes. They don't need clothes yet so rest is being put aside for later.

Lunch at the Assisted Living I am doing today-almost done with the charting so taking a real lunch break. And get to visit with my sweet residents. Love this place. I'd retire here.

hehe-DH offered to go to grocery store if I gave him list, son was complaining of "no food" again. He means snacks he can consume by the gallon. So up at 6:30 this am for coffee, list prepared. Even divided it up by aisle in grocery store and between regular store and sam's club...

Gorgeous day again yesterday. supposed to start getting warmer and more humid again later this week.

Happy Monday (and yes-wine was on DH store list!)

Sounds like Tink may have some rain soon.

Sounds like a fun time at the lake, MonyK, and a willing shopper too. Yeah, I get that we have nothing to eat here, every so often, after just going to the grocery store the day or two before.

Sounds like a great vacation, even with some rain, Schumi.

Sounds like a good day off, Patty.

Sounds like you have your yard green, Mac.

Sounds like CK having a good Monday as well.

Sounds like I need to have more tea.

Sounds like Robo may be busy. Hey Robo, coffee still hot?

Wow DIS slow on ipad.

Forgot the joy of having a kiddo upchucking most of the day. Yuck. You wonder how a tiny kiddo could have that much gunk in her stomach. My dog took off & hid behind couch. Now to air out the house. Seems to have turned the corner tho, told her’ II’d make her some chicken soup for tomorrow.

Tink bawled my eyes out when the spawn left. I still get sad when they leave after visiting me. Lucky to have some pretty great kids:)

Patty hmmm, free SW drink vouchers & hitting up M @ the airport pre flight eh? Me thinks u will fit in just fine for HHN RIP LOL

Hey Carole. What HP show are we talking?

Good Morning Everyone!

Im working from home today- ( I treated myself and purchased another monitor- now I have 2) Here's hoping I will be more productive at home! I dont work from home everyday- but I wish the landscapers would check with me on what days they are working because I would definitely coordinate our schedules. Nothing like leaf blowers right outside my window at 7:30 in the morning....

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday. I went to the movies saw Mamma Mia- it was good.

Tgrgrl- those kittens are so cute! love the names!

Patty - swishing you a safe trip home.

Lynne- Sounds like we have the same forecast this week!

Waving Hi to MAC, Tink, Monyk; Schumi, Agave, Robo

HAve a great day!

2nd monitor good for gaming too lol

Last edited:
Lucky to have some pretty great kids:)

Yep- happy to have great boys, too! They all still want to vacation with us! ...and they promised to find us a good home someday!

Patty hmmm, free SW drink vouchers & hitting up M @ the airport pre flight eh? Me thinks u will fit in just fine for HHN RIP LOL

:cheer2: Can't wait!!

And sorry about the tummy issues on the little one! Chicken soup is a miracle worker!

ahh poor little thing keishashadow- hope she is doing better now.
Hubs only got 1/2 the shopping done-other half scheduled for tomorrow. Will see how much extra stuff he comes home with.

Cuddle chicken got in again-heard strangled squawk and sliding sound-she'd tried to jump into my (enormous useless) tub and slid on a towel hanging over side. Thankfully old beach towel use for dog when he gets wet.

So-the new VIPassholder night at Magic Kingdom will be one of the last nights I will have my pass-who knows if I will get an email invite though...

Hey, logged on as we are having our usual afternoon thunderstorm & enjoying the thunder rumbling! Marshmellow had her first meet & greet today when we had friends over to see the kittens. She was NOT happy about being on display! I don’t know how we are going to move the kitties to a safer location like our pool bathroom, once they start walking. I am afraid they will fall into our pool and that would be just awful. Anyone have any ideas??

Schumi- if you drove through the same storm that hit us late yesterday afternoon, it was a doozy!! Glad you made it back to Orlando safely.

Keishadow— sick little ones are the worst! They are so pitiful & it makes me want to cry with them when they feel bad. Hoping the worst is over for you.

Pattyw- love that your boys joke about finding you a good home someday! I said the same to my mom & now that she’s 76, it’s about to get really real!!

LynneG- never knew that about leaves turning upward before a storm. I will have to start paying attention to our maple tree more. My grandfather was a farmer & he could always predict rain by the airplane contrails in the sky. The longer the contrails, the sooner rain was coming.

Aww, poor GD, Keisha. Smart doggie to hide from that. One of the ewww smells. When ever mine did that, I generally had to find the bathroom, made me sick. Older one had a loose seal on your throat that usually keeps your food down. Nothing like having to clean a bunk bed rails and two mattresses at 10 o’clock at night. Then having to clean up the kid too. He would always go right back to sleep. Thankfully, mostly has outgrown that in his adult body, and he is a very good sleeper.

Made chicken salad sandwiches with pickles and mac and cheese. I am full.

Aww, cat not a show cat, Tgrgrl. Maybe when the kittens get more mobile, you can then move them.

Tgrgrl- hope you can move the babies! Will Marshmellow not let you get too close to them?

Lynne- Love chicken salad! Think I'll make some for our lunches tomorrow!

What a lazy day I had today! I did nothing!! I do feel recharged though! Back to work tomorrow. :sad1:

Time for a little wine!:)

I love chicken salad! Do any of you have a Chicken Salad Chick in your area? The BEST ever! The closest one to me is just east of MCO & I try to work in a quick stop on my way home from Orlando.

Tgrgrl- hope you can move the babies! Will Marshmellow not let you get too close to them?

pattyw-No, she hisses & growls at us so we are just giving her space. The girls are dying to get their hands on the babies & they are being very patient. I guess we will have to trap Marshmellow, which I know will stress her out, but we can’t leave them where they are now. I wouldn’t get a moments peace, watching for kitties in the pool!

Tgrgrl- we trapped a feral mom last year and her two kittens. It was the only way we could get them as they wouldn't come close to us. I was afraid if we waited any longer the kittens would become feral too. Momma freaked out but we had her spayed at the vet as well as had her sons neutered. The kittens were about 9 weeks at the time. We weren't sure we could keep Momma- so we kept her in our garage in a large kennel while she recuperated. She was scared but seemed sweet. We fell in love with her and couldn't let her go back out. There wasn't room at the SPCA for any more kittens at that time last year. Guess who joined our family?? Ginger(momma) is the sweetest girl! She absolutely loves one of our other cats. She watches us pet him and I think that's helped her to trust us. She won't let us pet her yet- but she comes right up to us. Her sons, Oliver and Colby are sweet, too. Oliver is very affectionate- Colby still won't let us too close. So, sending :goodvibes your way that you can get the family to a safer place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter