Solo trip in December 2022, New Trip Report link! 5/2/23 Try it out!

I love your plans! We share a love of lounges as you know. I would stay with WLfor sure. Any thoughts on August yet?
Thank you! I’m getting excited for our trip, it is coming up fast! I just replied to your pre trip report. Right now we will be arriving in early September so I will miss you 😢
I really enjoyed your trip report. I live up North too, and my grandson and family live in Duluth. He is a firefighter for Lake Superior FD. I love the North woods, but it is very nice to visit Florida in the winter! We usually go end of Feb to first o f March,. It looks like you had a great time:)
Thank you very much! Our winter has been so long and yucky this year. I can’t wait to head to Florida! Duluth is beautiful in the summer and fall, winter not so much!
Disneyandi14 haven’t seen you post about your April trip in a while and hope you are well and still looking forward to your trip🙂
Hi 👋 I have been so busy lately! I am going to put a little update in here soon! I hope we can still meet up and say hello!

Did Duluth get included in the blizzard. We did down in the cities. I am now 10 days out. I am so over winter right now. I think the 1st day in Florida I will just seat and soak up the sun. LOL. Time to get out of bed and start shoveling.

Did Duluth get included in the blizzard. We did down in the cities. I am now 10 days out. I am so over winter right now. I think the 1st day in Florida I will just seat and soak up the sun. LOL. Time to get out of bed and start shoveling.
We did not but winter is kicking our butt this season. I’m so over it.
We have another snowstorm coming Tuesday-Wednesday why??
I seriously can’t take much more of this. We have so much snow here it will be the middle of May before it is somewhat gone, so sad 😭
I can’t wait to spend time in Florida in 2 weeks! I just wish I could stay there all winter ❄️ every year!

Hello Everyone

1680441374648.gif
We decided to keep the WL reservation and cancel The Swan resort.

It is 2 weeks from today and we will be heading to WDW!

I’m so excited to leave the tundra for awhile.

Our winter has been brutal with a capital B!

Unfortunately, it is not over yet. We have a winter storm coming again on Tuesday to drop more snow on us.
1680441451435.gif
We literally still have a 2 foot base of snow in our yard! Snow will be on the ground until May for us.

I need to move!
1680441683180.gif
I wish I could stay in Florida for longer than 9 days!

I wanted to check in and share our plans for the trip.

We will be arriving in Orlando around 11:30 am on 4/16.

The plan is to get a Lyft to WL, drop off our luggage, do a quick grocery order, and head to MK.

My sister really liked our meal at Tony’s (hard to believe right), actually our food and experience there last fall was really good!

We have an ADR at 3:00 pm. The plan is to sit on the porch and watch the FoF parade.
49F66E9C-DEF0-4767-9F21-2A17804B4A9D.jpeg
AD2F05AD-1B80-4C06-8900-EB03C715982F.jpeg
We will probably ride the train and PM today before heading back to WL.

Above is the best case scenario, it will depend on our flight this day, hoping we get there around the time we are scheduled.

Our evening includes a mini Epic meet up with some of the wonderful people I have met here on the Dis.
1680442000480.gif
We plan to meet at GP for drinks and fun! I’m really excited to see everyone!

4/17, AK day, I don’t have any dinner plans this day. We spend the early part of the day at AK. Nomad lounge for an early lunch? We plan to rest in the afternoon some and head to Epcot for the evening. F&G snacks and extra hours in Epcot this evening. I’m not sure if we will do Genie+today or not, likely no.
10FD3A0B-4A0E-498B-86A0-17F2F7CCC85A.jpeg
FFFD2BD2-FDBD-4132-9132-819A9B11760F.jpeg
4/18, MK day, We will sleep in a little today and use Genie+ I have a Mama Melrose Fantasmic dining package at 4:20 pm. We plan to spend the evening in DHS doing Fantasmic and some rides. I hope we make it for another longish day!

I have been a slug this winter and I probably will be dragging lol 😂
1680442223283.gif
4/19, this will be a busy day! We will start at DHS. I will purchase Genie+ for this day. My plan is to do Rise and stack a few rides.

I want to take the Skyliner over to the Riviera for lunch. We will chill at Bar Riva for a little while. I would love to get into Trader Sam’s this day. I think we will try and eat dinner at Captain Cook’s QS. I NEED my beloved shredded pork nachos! Yum!

If we can’t get in TS, maybe some potstickers at Tambu lounge and a drink there.

The evening will be MK for the HEA dessert party and extra hours at MK, if we make it that long! I don’t have any ADRs scheduled this day more lounge eating today!

4/20, Epcot today for F&G snacking. We will likely head to DS in the later afternoon to try for Gideon’s and to check out Jock Lindsey’s bar for a drink. We may hit up DS before this as well.

I never like to spend to much time at DS, a few hours here and there especially for food and drinks.

This evening we are going to Hope De Doo, the ADR is at 6:15pm. I’m really excited to see this show again. Vanessa and her family will be at Hoop De Doo tonight!

We will likely just head back to WL this evening after the show.

4/21, DHS day, I will get Genie+ today and stack a few rides. Baseline Tap house for an early lunch and drinks!

We have a Space 220 lounge reservation at 5:20 pm, I think we will start the day a little later so we can head to Epcot from DHS without resting, lol 😆

I’m thinking a dessert option from one of the F&G booths.

We plan to do the Garden Graze crawl at F&G to get the “special prize” at the end of it. You need 5 stamps of the designated Garden Graze items to get the prize.

4/22, AK in the morning after our Topolinos breakfast at 8:30am.
C31BE532-D32F-448E-A14C-72F2AA8897F1.jpeg

DS later in the day? We will have an open evening to rest up for our last couple days at Universal!

4/23, We head to USO for one night at Portofino Bay. We will make our way over in the morning, to get our EP for the parks, stow our luggage, and explore IOA and US. My plan is Strong Water bar at Sapphire Falls for a late dinner, I need to try this place! I hear so many good things about it!

We will eat lunch somewhere in the parks, either Finnegan’s or Confisco? This is wide open, maybe somewhere on Citywalk instead.

4/24, our last day. We have a flight around 6 pm so we will spend time in the parks again for the day. I want to pick up some Vodoo donuts and Macarons from Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory to take home with me.

I feel like we will be very busy this trip, so some of the plans may definitively change depending on how we feel.

I hope to meet up a few times with Dis friends here and there as well! I also hope for beautiful weather!

I think that is it for now! If anything drastically changes, I will update in here again! Thanks for joining in and I plan to do a TR when I return.

I also have a tentative fall trip planned with Andi! Our dates are 9/2-9/9. I have booked the dining promo package, since Andi needs tickets, at the Beach Club for 5 nights and 2 nights at USO for HHN. This may change but it is booked for now!

Last edited:

We literally still have a 2 foot base of snow in our yard! Snow will be on the ground until May for us.

Yuck! I imagine you are more than ready for sunny Florida.

Our evening includes a mini Epic meet up with some of the wonderful people I have met here on the Dis.

I'm so excited for the meetup!

F&G snacks and extra hours in Epcot this evening.

Sounds like it will be a nice Epcot evening.

We plan to spend the evening in DHS doing

Me too! Maybe I'll run into you there, as well.

We will likely head to DS in the later afternoon to try for Gideon’s

Hope you get some Gideon's!

I want to pick up some Vodoo donuts and Macarons from Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory to take home with me.

Sounds like a great plan. Those Voodoo donuts are so tasty.

I also have a tentative fall trip planned with Andi!

Yay! How exciting. I'm sure you miss touring the parks with her.

We did not but winter is kicking our butt this season. I’m so over it.
We have another snowstorm coming Tuesday-Wednesday why??
I seriously can’t take much more of this. We have so much snow here it will be the middle of May before it is somewhat gone, so sad 😭
I can’t wait to spend time in Florida in 2 weeks! I just wish I could stay there all winter ❄️ every year!
efel the same way! We are supposed to get 12 to 18 inches Tuesday night to Wednesday! It's April for crying out loud!!! I so over it too, and am going South as soon as we can, maybe in 2 weeks:) I meant I feel the same way!

1680442000480.gif

I forgot about that! It's our last night but I'm going to try to make it there too!

I also have a tentative fall trip planned with Andi! Our dates are 9/2-9/9.

Yay! :cool1:
:cool1::cool1:

Coming up quick. :)
Ugh... I sooooo get this sentiment.
We have a winter storm coming again on Tuesday to drop more snow on us.
Oh, goodie. Who doesn't love more snow.

Me. That's who.
Yeah, us too. Melt already!
::yes::
My sister really liked our meal at Tony’s (hard to believe right)
Nope. Totally believe it. Because...
actually our food and experience there last fall was really good!
...because food there has gotten a lot better than what it used to be.
We will probably ride the train
Wait... The train is up and running again???? Woot!
Nice! :)
I have a Mama Melrose Fantasmic dining package at 4:20 pm
Never done a Fantasmic package... and I didn't know you could do one with Mama Melrose. That would make it worthwhile for me.
I would love to get into Trader Sam’s this day.
Have never been in the Florida version. Some day.
I NEED my beloved shredded pork nachos! Yum!
:laughing: Okay!
The evening will be MK for the HEA dessert party
Pre, post or during party?
This evening we are going to Hope De Doo,
Always fun. :)
Vanessa and her family will be at Hoop De Doo tonight!
Even better! Have you guys all organized to sit together? Or will you just be there at the same time?
My plan is Strong Water bar at Sapphire Falls for a late dinner, I need to try this place! I hear so many good things about it!
Never heard of this. But then again, I tend to focus more on WDW. :)
I want to pick up some Vodoo donuts and Macarons from Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory to take home with me.
I like your idea of souvenirs.

;)
I also have a tentative fall trip planned with Andi!
Great! :)

We might do that. We are planning the dessert party at MK this evening and the extra hours. We could maybe meet up for Trader Sam’s!
My plans for this day have morphed. Now I'm planning to hit AK at rope drop to ride FoP, then go back to the room and have breakfast. After that we are going to MK for me to try for the 1PM Virtual queue for Tron. Hopefully I get an early BG and then we'll head to the Poly.
I’m glad it helped some! I hope all is okay now for you!
Well as okay as it's going to be for a long time. We are adjusting to the new normal, that I hope will be all in the past a year from now.
I would love to meet up and say Hi! We will make it happen!
Sounds great! There are a few times we will be in the same park.
That's probably for the best. Probably more magical.
Me too!!!
I'm sure your winter has been horrific, but most wimpy Southern Californians would say the weather here has been unbearable. It's rained every week since January. :laughing:
do a quick grocery order,
How will you do that? I always order from We Go Shop, set it up in advance. They are finally back to pre-pandemic procedures where they drop it off on my arrival day and Bell Services holds it until we get there.
What's GP? I've been wracking my brain thinking of all the lounges and can't think of one.
I would love to get into Trader Sam’s this day. I think we will try and eat dinner at Captain Cook’s QS. I NEED my beloved shredded pork nachos! Yum!

If we can’t get in TS, maybe some potstickers at Tambu lounge and a drink there.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm hoping to get a Boarding Group for Tron at 1PM that day and head over to TS after riding. If I don't get one, we may head over right at 4PM.
We have a reservation for breakfast at Rainforest Cafe outside AK. We are debating whether to visit AK on this day or not. Depending on what might be happening for the anniversary. If not we will cancel the breakfast and chill out at the resort.
Thanks for joining in and I plan to do a TR when I return.
Hopefully my life has calmed down now and I can follow along!

Hello Everyone

View attachment 750381

Unfortunately, it is not over yet. We have a winter storm coming again on Tuesday to drop more snow on us.
View attachment 750382

I need to move!
View attachment 750384

The plan is to get a Lyft to WL, drop off our luggage, do a quick grocery order, and head to MK.

My sister really liked our meal at Tony’s (hard to believe right), actually our food and experience there last fall was really good!

We have an ADR at 3:00 pm. The plan is to sit on the porch and watch the FoF parade.
View attachment 750388
View attachment 750387

Above is the best case scenario, it will depend on our flight this day, hoping we get there around the time we are scheduled.

View attachment 750390

4/17, AK day, I don’t have any dinner plans this day. We spend the early part of the day at AK. Nomad lounge for an early lunch? We plan to rest in the afternoon some and head to Epcot for the evening. F&G snacks and extra hours in Epcot this evening. I’m not sure if we will do Genie+today or not, likely no.
View attachment 750391
View attachment 750392
4/18, MK day, We will sleep in a little today and use Genie+ I have a Mama Melrose Fantasmic dining package at 4:20 pm. We plan to spend the evening in DHS doing Fantasmic and some rides. I hope we make it for another longish day!

View attachment 750393
4/19, this will be a busy day! We will start at DHS. I will purchase Genie+ for this day. My plan is to do Rise and stack a few rides.

I want to take the Skyliner over to the Riviera for lunch. We will chill at Bar Riva for a little while. I would love to get into Trader Sam’s this day. I think we will try and eat dinner at Captain Cook’s QS. I NEED my beloved shredded pork nachos! Yum!

The evening will be MK for the HEA dessert party and extra hours at MK, if we make it that long! I don’t have any ADRs scheduled this day more lounge eating today!

4/20, Epcot today for F&G snacking. We will likely head to DS in the later afternoon to try for Gideon’s and to check out Jock Lindsey’s bar for a drink. We may hit up DS before this as well.

I never like to spend to much time at DS, a few hours here and there especially for food and drinks.

This evening we are going to Hope De Doo, the ADR is at 6:15pm. I’m really excited to see this show again. Vanessa and her family will be at Hoop De Doo tonight!

4/21, DHS day, I will get Genie+ today and stack a few rides. Baseline Tap house for an early lunch and drinks!

We have a Space 220 lounge reservation at 5:20 pm, I think we will start the day a little later so we can head to Epcot from DHS without resting, lol 😆

We plan to do the Garden Graze crawl at F&G to get the “special prize” at the end of it. You need 5 stamps of the designated Garden Graze items to get the prize.

View attachment 750394

DS later in the day? We will have an open evening to rest up for our last couple days at Universal!

4/23, We head to USO for one night at Portofino Bay. We will make our way over in the morning, to get our EP for the parks, stow our luggage, and explore IOA and US. My plan is Strong Water bar at Sapphire Falls for a late dinner, I need to try this place! I hear so many good things about it!

We will eat lunch somewhere in the parks, either Finnegan’s or Confisco? This is wide open, maybe somewhere on Citywalk instead.

4/24, our last day. We have a flight around 6 pm so we will spend time in the parks again for the day. I want to pick up some Vodoo donuts and Macarons from Toothsome’s Chocolate Factory to take home with me.

I feel like we will be very busy this trip, so some of the plans may definitively change depending on how we feel.

I hope to meet up a few times with Dis friends here and there as well! I also hope for beautiful weather!

I think that is it for now! If anything drastically changes, I will update in here again! Thanks for joining in and I plan to do a TR when I return.

I also have a tentative fall trip planned with Andi! Our dates are 9/2-9/9. I have booked the dining promo package, since Andi needs tickets, at the Beach Club for 5 nights and 2 nights at USO for HHN. This may change but it is booked for now!
This sounds like a fabulous trip! I'm especially excited to hear about the Space 220 Lounge and the return of the HEA dessert party, I am sooooo jealous of that. I've had to stop myself from booking an expensive quick weekend trip to see HEA, telling myself to wait, it'll still be there in November!

Hello Everyone

View attachment 750381

View attachment 750382

I need to move!
View attachment 750384

View attachment 750388
View attachment 750387

View attachment 750390

View attachment 750391
View attachment 750392

View attachment 750393

View attachment 750394

Catching up....finally!

You have some lovely plans and I`m always tempted with the sound of Trader Sam`s, you make it sound so lovely and I think we`d like it.

Yes, you`re ready for some gorgeous weather I think....

I hope you love Strong Water Bar, it truly is our favourite place to go in the whole of Universal Orlando Resort. Food, service and of course drinks are top notch......I hope you try one of their latest Punches.......lol.....it is nice!!

Confisco is also one of our favourite places, Finnegans we like for cocktails......ask them for a Rum Neuralyser if you do have drinks there....it`s not on the menu anymore but staff all know it, it`s very fruity and I think you`d like it.

And hope your HHN trip works out as you planned it......:wave2:

I can't even imagine.

I hope it stops soon.

I've read several reviews lately that give it high marks. We've always enjoyed eating there.

1680442000480.gif

So Excited to see everyone! :banana:

I was thinking about skipping Genie + on our AK and Epcot days. I would really like to get into Nomads too.

This is our break day, but you'll be going strong.

Good luck!

Love Gideon's and Lindsey's Bar.

I'm really looking forward to this. It's a first for all of us.

Loved Space 220 lounge, such a cool experience. We'll sadly be driving home this day. Have some fun and drinks for me.

Love the Topolinos breakfast.

Very busy but also sounds very fun.

Can't wait to meet y'all.

I'm looking forward to your trip report.

Me toooo!!!

I forgot about that! It's our last night but I'm going to try to make it there too!

Please try!

Even better! Have you guys all organized to sit together? Or will you just be there at the same time?

We aren't organized but I'm hoping we asked to be seated together or close. We're a party of 3 and they are a party of 2.

Yuck! I imagine you are more than ready for sunny Florida.
I can’t wait for warm weather and sunshine ☀️
I am as well. I will post in our FB group again next week to remind everyone!
Sounds like it will be a nice Epcot evening.
I love Epcot, the construction is a pain there! F&G is calling my name
Me too! Maybe I'll run into you there, as well.
We will keep an eye 👁️ out!
Hope you get some Gideon's!
Oh I will. It is a must do, we have a Crumbl cookie place here and it is good but no comparison to Gideon’s
Sounds like a great plan. Those Voodoo donuts are so tasty.
I love the Vodoo doll one it is my favorite!
Yay! How exciting. I'm sure you miss touring the parks with her.
I really do miss touring the parks with her! I sure hope we can make this fall trip happen!

efel the same way! We are supposed to get 12 to 18 inches Tuesday night to Wednesday! It's April for crying out loud!!! I so over it too, and am going South as soon as we can, maybe in 2 weeks:) I meant I feel the same way!
Ugh! I’m not looking forward to the next two days! I hope we don’t get to much snow but I’m sure we will!
I can’t wait to walk on a sidewalk without snow and to have the sun shining on me!!

I hope you can make it! I would love to see you again! I will put a reminder in our FB group closer to the meet up!
I’m excited to travel with Andi again in the fall. I hope it works out for us!
Your plans look great! I hope all your snow melts while you're in Florida...
Thank you! I sure hope the snow is gone when I get back! To think I use to love winter years ago, not any more, haha 😆
This sounds like a fabulous trip! I'm especially excited to hear about the Space 220 Lounge and the return of the HEA dessert party, I am sooooo jealous of that. I've had to stop myself from booking an expensive quick weekend trip to see HEA, telling myself to wait, it'll still be there in November!
I’m excited to eat at Space 220 again and I know my sister will love it. She loves all things Space!
I’m thrilled to sit down and enjoy HEA with desserts, now if the egg rolls came back my dreams would be fulfilled haha 😆

Coming up quick.
It sure is! I can’t wait! How has your long winter been? Probably very similar to ours, emphasis on loooong!
Ugh... I sooooo get this sentiment.
I use to love winter, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling now I just hide in my house when not at work! This winter has really been tough for me! I guess getting older has soured my view of winter 🥶
Oh, goodie. Who doesn't love more snow.
I need to get through these next 2 days without going crazy! If I hear winter storm warning one more time I will crack!
Yeah, us too. Melt already!
My husband and I have a bet going, I say we will have snow until the end of May, he is more optimistic and is saying the end of April, silly man!
Wait... The train is up and running again???? Woot!
Yes!! This is very exciting. I can’t wait to ride around MK, it has been so long!
Never done a Fantasmic package... and I didn't know you could do one with Mama Melrose. That would make it worthwhile for me.
My sister and I don’t want to wait in a long SB line and we do like MM so thought it would be a good plan!
Pre, post or during party?
We will be doing the sit down one, again we are old and don’t like waiting around :rotfl:
We are Tier 2 and Vanessa is Tier 1, it was the only seating left when I booked so likely we won’t be to close to each other, however, we will definitely say hi 👋
Never heard of this. But then again, I tend to focus more on WDW.
It gets really good reviews! I read some TR’s on the Universal board and I have had this on my list for the 3 trips. I hope I make it there this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter